Hi-Metal R

joppewo

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The future HMR YF-19 will be shorter than the VF-1. Plastic costs a lot more these days.

Bandai gonna F91 this mess! :lol::diablo:

Or do ala-Gundam Universe line, where every figure are the same height. :bigshok:

8 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I think there's zero reason to worry about that. BBTS is one of the biggest US-based online toy retailers, all the Macross items already on there are still available, and BBTS is too big to "screw over" with some last minute stock shenanigans, they wouldn't allow it, it would be beyond unprofessional and would just make no sense, they've already got skin in the game so to speak, BBTS always comes through, Bandai are obligated to as well. If Bandai are serious about WWM releases, screwing over BBTS would be beyond idiotic, Bandai would be shooting themselves in the foot. 

I already decided to wait for BBTS myself, the first legit Bandai Macross item they put up was the Anniversary VF-25, then the Max 29, the 0S will be their first Macross Hi-Metal item, probably at a slight markup compared to overseas stores, but the convenience and no expensive international shipping should offset the extra price. I buy as much as I can from them due to convenience, the 0S will be my first Macross item from them, it's pretty cool that we're at the point that that's even a thing. 

I truly hope you're right, as I'm getting too old for PO Madness. Bandai is making a big deal out of WWM, so I agree that it would be really dumb to leave overseas stores hanging, and I buy domestically from sites like BBTS when I can, but I'm personally adopting a wait-and-see attitude on this one. I say this recognizing that I might be part of the problem, in that WWM likely only succeeds and continues to be an option if we all take advantage of it. By avoiding the domestic purchase option for these early releases, it looks like I'm not interested in the option. I am interested, but will only start using it once Bandai actually delivers on these early releases. In the past, we've seen them reduce the amount of stock shipped overseas for other lines, and stores in turn have had to cancel POs, leaving collectors scrambling to find replacements. And that was before the supply chain and manufacturing issues we're dealing with right now. Fingers crossed that this all works.

Holy Moly. I just preordered the HMR VF-0S from AE. Then I noticed that there was 1 item in my "In Stock Ready to Ship" category. I thought this was a glitch as I don't recall having any outstanding preorders with them. I checked what it was and lo and behold, it was the DX Chogokin VF-1 TV version Super Parts set I preordered back in 2020. I probably used AE as a backup back then. I don't think I ever received a notification from them about the item being ready to ship. I wonder if they had been holding it for me these past 2 years. 

Anyway, I clicked on the option to go ahead and ship it to me. It's now in the "Packing Now" status and am awaiting the invoice for the shipping. Let's see if this actually pushes through.

32 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So Luna Park have eBay account as well? If you compare from their site, it's $30 cheaper. I'm not sure on this one. Be cautious.

Also, I checked and compared some items from their eBay listing and their direct site. Man, some of the markups are too much. Almost $100 difference.

Yeah, looks kinda shady

I waited the whole day from AmiAmi. As soon as midnight hit, it's already sold out or Pre-orders closed.

Even an S.H Figure Family X Spy has a millisecond opening, then Immediately sold out. Thanks to the Overload servers. 

Now, No website has them on Pre-orders. 

Hobbylinkjapan did a crap Job Merchandising for the two and both are already sold out. 

My guess is the Scalpers are the ones who Ruined the damn fun. 

Sad world we live in..

20 hours ago, Arakure Knight said:

Damn - looks like HLJ just sold out with order stop: 

https://www.hlj.com/hi-metal-r-vf-0s-phoenix-roy-focker-machine-bans63742

15 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Fawk. Missed it. :(

Hobbysearch and Hlj had their stock sold out yesterday. :shok:They were 1 day in advance of amiami.  I was gunning for the RX-79 G(EZ-8), SH Figurarts Anya and the VF-0S and I thank the Ctrl F5 gods for allowing me to successful PO at least 1 of the 3,  the VF0S :clapping:

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That requires being a new customer.

Not if you hadn’t used it yet. I’m looking around at other places for some cheaper prices or a discount for another friend right now. Seems a few more sites are popping up with preorders 

42 minutes ago, twich said:

Wow, why is this so much more expensive than the MSRP of 14000 yen? I guess this is the price for getting it from domestic retailers.

Twich

I remember buying the regult kit from hasegawa on sale for $20 and they wanted almost $60 for the shipping. I had to bundle it to save money. But in this case Bandai is already getting a bundle deal shipping in bulk, but screwing everyone over outside of Japan. They don’t want outsiders buying their stuff and then punishing us for wanting to help earn them money. I expected these to be more expensive due to shipping, but it’s a bit much. I was thinking $40 at the most above the Japanese price 

4 hours ago, twich said:

Wow, why is this so much more expensive than the MSRP of 14000 yen? I guess this is the price for getting it from domestic retailers.

Twich

No idea, but when AmiAmi had it for $105 after exchanging to USD, there’s no way I’m paying over $180 shipped. That’s just absurd.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:39 PM, Shinobi Rendar said:

USA Gundam Store PO's up $164.99

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/macross-zero-hi-metal-r-roy-fokkers-vf-0s-phoenix

Discount code ZAKUAURELIUS10 could work for an extra 10% off

I just can't buy from USA Gundam.  They ship via FedEx "Smart"post and it's about the stupidest route a person could take.  Instead of going from a main Hub in Daytona to Jacksonville and then taking whatever route it needs to go to move West there's some idiotic six day excursion to every small town in central Florida.  They were the only ones who had the RG Hi-v on hand and that was the dumbest route I've ever seen.  Not that I need a model immediately but the longer en-route plus the higher number of stops means there's more chance for loss or damage. 

8 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Is ToyDojo reliable? Anyone have experience buying from them they could share? TIA.

I've used ToyDojo a number of times over the years and consider them to be reliable. I started buying Transformers there but soon added them as a domestic backup for other import toys. I've never had an issue getting something that I preordered. The customer service is also above board. In the few instances where I have had to request an RMA from them, Eddie (the store owner) was quite helpful and quick to resolve my issues. 

The only thing I wish Toydojo had now was a point rewards system, but they do send out coupon codes if you subscribe to their email list.

This isn't a defense or criticism of the domestic pricing. I was just pondering to myself that the HMR VF-0 was developed and the pricing structure decided on probably quite some time ago, before the plummeting of the yen in recent months which is why it's so cheap right now to buy from Japan.

If the yen maintained its level from late last year, the yen price would be closer to around $125 before shipping. With shipping it would probably be in the $150-$160 range if you chose a fast shipping and didn't slow boat it.

I have no evidence for this, so I'm probably just talking out my ass. Just something I was wondering to myself about looking at the domestic pricing vs Japanese pricing.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

This isn't a defense or criticism of the domestic pricing. I was just pondering to myself that the HMR VF-0 was developed and the pricing structure decided on probably quite some time ago, before the plummeting of the yen in recent months which is why it's so cheap right now to buy from Japan.

If the yen maintained its level from late last year, the yen price would be closer to around $125 before shipping. With shipping it would probably be in the $150-$160 range if you chose a fast shipping and didn't slow boat it.

I have no evidence for this, so I'm probably just talking out my ass. Just something I was wondering to myself about looking at the domestic pricing vs Japanese pricing.

I think something else is going on here. The same night had several Bandai items like sh figuarts and gundam toys. Those on hobbysearch were only $10 more expensive at bbts. The hmr at hobbysearch was about $110 and was I think $165 or $169 also at bbts. That’s about a $55 or $60 difference. The package s aren’t that much bigger on this vs that ez8.

I kinda wonder if to get permission to sell these in the states that Bandai had to pay off harmony gold or something. Either way it’s an extreme jump in price compared to the other items that went up for preorder on the same night