Hi-Metal R

joppewo

5 hours ago, treatment said:

hmmm.

HM-R VF-0 height is listed as 140mm, per HI-METAL R VF-0S フェニックス(ロイ・フォッカー機) | 魂ウェブ

Same height as the HM-R VF-1 ???  :huh:  :blink:

That just ain't seem right, Bandai...

:5:

Hope it's a typo.

Guess we will soon find out.

9 hours ago, jenius said:

But no integrated landing gear. PO CANCELED!!! 

So now I have to decide if I want the headguns centered or slightly back? This is too much of a decision. PO CANCELLED TOO!

It definitely looks like an integrated heatshield, given that small gap between the heatshield and rear of the cockpit. I think I'll end up with two now. 

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

VF-0 should be noticeably bigger than the VF-1. 

Yeah. Hope they update the description soon. Can't believe that VT-1 height description is 10mm taller than VF-0S. :rolleyes:

What do you guys think? Sliding or swivel? I tried to compare it from some HMR VF-1 photos. The 'piping' area kinda look the same. But I'm just guessing. Too bad also that it's missing Arcadia's leg cavity fillers. ;) 

item_0000013993_SY3ApPHN_106.jpg

item_0000013993_SY3ApPHN_103.jpg

With this be a World Wide Release or has that not gone into effect for Macross Zero?  Hoping to get in Canada if its not too marked up with crazy shipping - these 1/100 are kinda small for something around $200cdn (including S&H) :(

15 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

With this be a World Wide Release or has that not gone into effect for Macross Zero?  Hoping to get in Canada if its not too marked up with crazy shipping - these 1/100 are kinda small for something around $200cdn (including S&H) :(

Yup, it is WWM release. As per Bandai, anything that has that 'Take Off Macross Worldwide' marking, it's going to be available globally. :good: 

image.jpeg.6f77bc71095ba9f2472999f0ad1dd04f.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

I am very happy that this is a worldwide release.  I did the exchange rate from Yen to USD yesterday and it looks to be around $110USD. So, hope that doesn’t increase significantly and will be around the same price plus shipping, which from BBTS is $4, right?

Very excited for this!

Twich

4 hours ago, chriswoo said:

just wait for it to come P bandai with ghost set or maybe even VF-0A/D 

Waiting could be a very long time. They still are sitting on that other 1s and have teased some 1a colors for a few years. Those would be easy repaints milking the molds that already exist 

38 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I know HMR is technically non-scale but it's still going to be hella lame if they don't at least kinda-sorta get the scale somewhat correct i.e. make the VF-0 larger than the VF-1.

How much bigger was the 0 to the 1?

21 minutes ago, Big s said:

How much bigger was the 0 to the 1?

It's like the DX VF-1 to the Arcadia VF-1. ;) 

Official Battroid height specs: VF-0 (14m) / VF-1 (12.68m)

Here's a photo from @jenius' Anymoon.com.

Arcadia-VF-0S-PF-Focker-18-4K.jpg.6a2953e4e6a7c93984fbe5a319149a3d.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

It's like the DX VF-1 to the Arcadia VF-1. ;) 

Here's a photo from @jenius' Anymoon.com.

Arcadia-VF-0S-PF-Focker-18-4K.jpg.6a2953e4e6a7c93984fbe5a319149a3d.jpg

Ok thanks. Does look a lot taller there. Maybe Bandai decided every release is going to be 1/100 instead of what they used for the previous releases?

4 minutes ago, Big s said:

Ok thanks. Does look a lot taller there. Maybe Bandai decided every release is going to be 1/100 instead of what they used for the previous releases?

You're welcome. But just so you know, VF-0S Battroid should just be somewhere at 23.33cm in toy form. The 1/60 figure is 2cm taller than its official spec.

In HMR form, the VF-0S should be in the 16-17cm height range if they're following correct scale in-relation to the other HMR releases.

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome. But just so you know, VF-0S Battroid should just be somewhere at 23.33cm in toy form. The 1/60 figure is 2cm taller than its official spec.

In HMR form, the VF-0S should be in the 16-17cm height range if they're following correct scale in-relation to the other HMR releases.

Some of the real life measurements show 14 meters in battroid for the vf0s and 12.6 for the vf1. So less than a meter and a half. If that’s correct the vf0 might only be a little  taller than the vf 1 by a little over 4 feet. At that measurement thaw Yamato scale might be a bit too big. Is there a line art example somewhere that shows them side by side?

sorry for my ignorance on this, I haven’t really watched zero that many times and I’m not as big a fan of it as I am to the original series 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yup, it is WWM release. As per Bandai, anything that has that 'Take Off Macross Worldwide' marking, it's going to be available globally. :good: 

image.jpeg.6f77bc71095ba9f2472999f0ad1dd04f.jpeg

I just can't bring myself to order from a domestic store like BBTS until I see Bandai actually follow through on their first WWM release. I'm worried that they're going to screw overseas stores in favor of the local Japanese market, despite all of the hype. I really hope not, because I'd like to not have to worry about PO Madness in the future, but I'm extremely skeptical right now.

18 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I just can't bring myself to order from a domestic store like BBTS until I see Bandai actually follow through on their first WWM release. I'm worried that they're going to screw overseas stores in favor of the local Japanese market, despite all of the hype. I really hope not, because I'd like to not have to worry about PO Madness in the future, but I'm extremely skeptical right now.

The current wwm items are still showing up for preorder, so they more than likely will have some available on release day. I don’t know how well a popular design like this will sell compared to the almost unknown ones though 

19 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I think there's zero reason to worry about that. BBTS is one of the biggest US-based online toy retailers, all the Macross items already on there are still available, and BBTS is too big to "screw over" with some last minute stock shenanigans, they wouldn't allow it, it would be beyond unprofessional and would just make no sense, they've already got skin in the game so to speak, BBTS always comes through, Bandai are obligated to as well. If Bandai are serious about WWM releases, screwing over BBTS would be beyond idiotic, Bandai would be shooting themselves in the foot. 

I already decided to wait for BBTS myself, the first legit Bandai Macross item they put up was the Anniversary VF-25, then the Max 29, the 0S will be their first Macross Hi-Metal item, probably at a slight markup compared to overseas stores, but the convenience and no expensive international shipping should offset the extra price. I buy as much as I can from them due to convenience, the 0S will be my first Macross item from them, it's pretty cool that we're at the point that that's even a thing. 

I'd honestly be shocked if the US got short-changed for these first couple of worldwide releases. Big West is making a big push for their worldwide campaign. If Bandai isn't making enough to meet global demand, it'll be an embarrassing homecoming for Big West.

If these first couple of releases end up being shelfwarmers, then I can see Bandai lowering their production runs on subsequent releases, but that wouldn't be until next year at the earliest.

3 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I'd honestly be shocked if the US got short-changed for these first couple of worldwide releases. Big West is making a big push for their worldwide campaign. If Bandai isn't making enough to meet global demand, it'll be an embarrassing homecoming for Big West.

If these first couple of releases end up being shelfwarmers, then I can see Bandai lowering their production runs on subsequent releases, but that wouldn't be until next year at the earliest.

Bandai probably had some idea of their Macross collectibles' global demand and their production runs, pre-BW/HG deal, likely reflected that...basically, they had to know that their production runs weren't all going to local Japanese Macross fans...after the WWM releases, actual demand should start getting clearer for Bandai....my only concern is that they will find out that the actual demand is no different than their estimated demand...to be honest, after 40 years of selling Macross out the back door, Bandai probably already knows what that actual demand is...the plan now is probably just to try and expand it....