Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Hi MW folk!

Has anyone heard anything regarding when VF-0S might become available?

From the looks of it—it seems far off as there has not been any recent detailed pics to salivate over…

As much as I am looking forward to getting a few, my wallet has other ideas…

The question for me is how much plasma should I give before the pre-order becomes available…

6 hours ago, wsna said:

Hi MW folk!

Has anyone heard anything regarding when VF-0S might become available?

From the looks of it—it seems far off as there has not been any recent detailed pics to salivate over…

As much as I am looking forward to getting a few, my wallet has other ideas…

The question for me is how much plasma should I give before the pre-order becomes available…

So far it's just one more in a long line of HMR prototypes shown. It may not even get produced (see: Tomahawk, Scout Regult, N-ger, Phalanx, VF-1EX).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So far it's just one more in a long line of HMR prototypes shown. It may not even get produced (see: Tomahawk, Scout Regult, N-ger, Phalanx, VF-1EX).

They do love to tease. Hopefully it’s happening and sooner than later. I’m still very hopeful 

2 hours ago, Big s said:

They do love to tease. Hopefully it’s happening and sooner than later. I’m still very hopeful 

Same here! With all the hoopla for the worldwide Macross thing, I thought it would be a sure thing! Been putting money aside for at least 2 for a a few months. I love the VF-0S design and I've  been wanting an toy representation of it for years. The HMR was my ideal release for it. Hope Bandai delivers, but I'm not holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, Shinobi Rendar said:

Same here! With all the hoopla for the worldwide Macross thing, I thought it would be a sure thing! Been putting money aside for at least 2 for a a few months. I love the VF-0S design and I've  been wanting an toy representation of it for years. The HMR was my ideal release for it. Hope Bandai delivers, but I'm not holding my breath.

I’m not loosing hope on it. There’s a lot of things going on in the world of macross and this release honestly fits for me better than the yamato since I don’t have a huge amount of space. Keep those fingers crossed and make sure to upgrade your luck and stamina, maybe lower the intelligence and strength a bit to compensate temporarily 

Hi,

Use to be Omegablue on these forums, but it's been now 10 years since, but the recently revealed HMR VF-0s sparked my interest again in Macross.

Question, how does this line compare to Yamato / Arcadia 1/60?

Edited by Raikkonen

Sadly, we don't have a lot to go off of to answer that question. Should be a 30% smaller but might otherwise be really similar... or might have swappable parts. Until Bandai does an info dump with the PO going live, there will be questions.

5 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Hi,

Use to be Omegablue on these forums, but it's been now 10 years since, but the recently revealed HMR VF-0s sparked my interest again in Macross.

Question, how does this line compare to Yamato / Arcadia 1/60?

I find the hmr line a bit more fun. The Arcadia May have perfect transformation, but the later hmr vf1 was definitely more poseable In battroid mode, especially with the retracted wing attachment. It can lift the leg without the intake getting in the way of the wing. The size is more manageable for anyone lacking space especially if you gotta have the monster. The non transforming ones are definitely the best in the line with not having extra parts laying around and being super cool to mess around with. And the markings are painted on , but may not be 1/100 percent perfectly colored in some cases. 

The Arcadia’s are perfect transformation and a bit bigger if that’s what you’re into though, but I kinda feel like if you really want a bigger perfect transformation then may as well go with the Bandai dx vf1

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Sadly, we don't have a lot to go off of to answer that question. Should be a 30% smaller but might otherwise be really similar... or might have swappable parts. Until Bandai does an info dump with the PO going live, there will be questions.

Oh no, I miss explained myself. Meant in general how does the Macross HMR releases compare against the Yamatos.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I find the hmr line a bit more fun. The Arcadia May have perfect transformation, but the later hmr vf1 was definitely more poseable In battroid mode, especially with the retracted wing attachment. It can lift the leg without the intake getting in the way of the wing. The size is more manageable for anyone lacking space especially if you gotta have the monster. The non transforming ones are definitely the best in the line with not having extra parts laying around and being super cool to mess around with. And the markings are painted on , but may not be 1/100 percent perfectly colored in some cases. 

The Arcadia’s are perfect transformation and a bit bigger if that’s what you’re into though, but I kinda feel like if you really want a bigger perfect transformation then may as well go with the Bandai dx vf1

Gratitude for the reply.

I have the one Dx vf-25s second release and it truly is a class in it's own, but still have too much for my 2010 VF-1's by Yamato.

The thing is I never got any of the Yamato / Arcadia VF-0's as first I skipped the initial releases due to the exploding arms and etc. And when the second lot came about, I started to dwindled away from Macross while I started traveling, and now they're too expensive on the secondary market... BUT, if Arcadia plans a new retooled VF-0A, I'm all over it ASAP.

Till then, this Zero tease by Bandai has my full attention.

20 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Oh no, I miss explained myself. Meant in general how does the Macross HMR releases compare against the Yamatos.

Our very own @jenius have a review site called Scorched Earth Toys which you can check it out. He did reviews on both Hi-Metal R VF-1's, including the previous Hi-Metal line, and some Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 VF-1's releases.

His YouTube channel is called ScorchedEarthToys too.

Enjoy! And welcome to the MacrossWorld rabbit hole. :drinks:

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Our very own @jenius have a review site called Scorched Earth Toys which you can check it out. He did reviews on both Hi-Metal R VF-1's, including the previous Hi-Metal line, and some Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 VF-1's releases.

His YouTube channel is called ScorchedEarthToys too.

Enjoy! And welcome to the MacrossWorld rabbit hole. :drinks:

Immense Gratitude!!! Grabbing hot chocolate for an all nighter through these links!

7 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Immense Gratitude!!! Grabbing hot chocolate for an all nighter through these links!

You're welcome! Glad to be of help. :good: 

Just a heads up though. If you have kids at home, please make sure they're already sleeping when you start watching his SD Makuros and HMR Destroid Monster reviews. 8)

:rolleyes:

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome! Glad to be of help. :good: 

Just a heads up though. If you have kids at home, please make sure they're already sleeping when you start watching his SD Makuros and HMR Destroid Monster reviews. 8)

Hahahaha. Nice.

Once again, thank for the links. Was up till 3:00am my side watching them, and it's a great re-introduction to Macross toys after my 10 year MIA.

I'm surprised by how tiny these HMR are... was expecting them at metal build height at least. And yes, the numerous left over changeable bits would dint my experience.

So, I guess to feed my Zero nibbles, I'll either have to wait for this HMR version, or hope Arcadia reissues theirs, or fork out a fortune on ebay. I guess, I'll play the waiting game for a while, and look into flogging some of my doubles to prepare the capital.

But... won't deny the Calibre Wing diecasts does have my attention after watching those videos too, but already knew of those as I'm into regular aircraft diecast. Their Hellenic F-16 has a special spot on my shelf.

(PS, wait, if I remember, you are Noel now of Calibre wings? Only clicked now when re-reading your name 🤣 )

Edited by Raikkonen

1 hour ago, Raikkonen said:

(PS, wait, if I remember, you are Noel now of Calibre wings? Only clicked now when re-reading your name 🤣 )

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Just sharing the same name. :lol: 

Unfortunately @no3Ljm here doesn’t blow a hissy fit online goes on a rampage causing destruction and shinks back into a wee human when his time is up (like the video game).

7 minutes ago, borgified said:

Unfortunately @no3Ljm here doesn’t blow a hissy fit online goes on a rampage causing destruction and shinks back into a wee human when his time is up (like the video game).

Hahaha! I can be like that too, you know, if I want to. But decided not to. :rolleyes:;) 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Big s said:

Yay! So when and how is the preorder working? Will it be nice and easy to get at bbts?

Doesn't say when PO will be up, but since it says WWM, it should be easy to PO at BBTS just like the recent VF-25 and YF-29 Max's..

3 minutes ago, MKT said:

Doesn't say when PO will be up, but since it says WWM, it should be easy to PO at BBTS just like the recent VF-25 and YF-29 Max's..

Thanks I just noticed that in the corner. It was kinda small on my phone and I had just woken up, so my eyes were a bit off. Nice to have great news like this in the morning!

I hope this is a good seller, I'd really like to see all the other Mac Zero aircraft as well. 

And for you Destroid fans... Come on Bandai, just make the last two already. 

Edited by 505thAirborne