Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Roy’s Strike VF-1S was shown at an event last year along with a Scout Regult, and I think people suspected it might be getting a re-release at some point.

At this point, I’d rather get the TV version, even though I already put together customs from the original Hi Metal.

Right. I remember that now. But then, people suspected that Bandai will also release the Scout Regult displayed with Roy's Strike VF-1S at some point too. ;) 

13 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Macross Zero?  It was pretty good.  I wish I could get into Macross Frontier tho', too.

What ever happened to Bandai re-releasing the VF-1S Roy strike valkyrie?  I never managed to pick one of those up.

Yeah i loved M0 too. The dogfights were incredible, camera angles, in cockpit perspectives and all that. The dogfight maneuvers looked like perfectly animated from textbooks, instead of just scissoring in macross delta....😅  

Story wise it was relevant to the lore, and pacing was good (except maybe ep3 where the pace slowed, but it was necessary for the plot) through out.

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

That Regult Scout prototype was too pretty. I need it in my life

Have a feeling that bandai is saving the scout to be bundled as a 2 pack as well...its design might be just a bit too 'alien' to sell on its own...

On 12/11/2021 at 9:38 AM, seti88 said:

Have a feeling that bandai is saving the scout to be bundled as a 2 pack as well...its design might be just a bit too 'alien' to sell on its own...

Now I know that's undoubtedly true but its still weird as hell. 

The Scout is the attraction for me, the Battroid is simply too mundane. I already have the damn thing so it will just be an unwanted freeloader in a two-pack. Those super parts don't impress me enough to fork out for a duplicate. (What am I saying they don't impress me at all.)

I'd much prefer it if they paired the Scout with something else, like an unreleased Destroid.  Or that DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger.

Edited by Podtastic

So the Strike Roy Custom and the Regult Scout as a two-pack never made any sense to me.  While the Scout is uncommon, Roy's Strike is unique.  The Regult Scout packaged with the Elint Seeker would had made more sense as a two-pack provided that it wasn't already released.  Because army building!  So for my own reasons, I hope that the Regult Scout and re-release Strike Roy are sold separately.  I missed Roy the 1st time around and I refuse to pay 1:60 scale prices for it.  I could use two scouts, I would really need two Roys. 

Regult scout with Regult makes a whole lot more sense... Or with a destroid... But I think the idea was to bump up sales by smuggling a toy very few people would buy with a toy lots of people would buy even at an inflated MSRP because it came with some other toy.

On 12/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, jenius said:

Regult scout with Regult makes a whole lot more sense... Or with a destroid... But I think the idea was to bump up sales by smuggling a toy very few people would buy with a toy lots of people would buy even at an inflated MSRP because it came with some other toy.

I have to agree. There’s a lot less risk if they double it up with a main character mecha than if they released it on its own or with other mecha that may not have sold as well in Japan. I think the U.S. market is a different thing and I have a feeling that we tend to like the baddies a bit more over here.

the other night a bunch of gundam kit went on preorder at the p-Bandai U.S. store and out of all of them the Efreet Jaeger sold out the fastest. I know overseas it seemed like the pale rider variants and the double o kits sold faster, but over here the zeon suit went first night. So maybe that might give Bandai something to think about if the question of more Zentradi mecha getting produced and available to the U.S. market 

There’s always a slim possibility of a reissue, but it’s extremely slim since it already kinda had a reissue with the missile parts. I think the recon version will probably be the last regult that gets released unless they get around to the green version from the movie. That price isn’t too outrageous, so I would say to pick it up 

On 1/2/2022 at 3:40 PM, vladykins said:

That's a decent price- I'd grab it. I would not expect a reissue.

3 hours ago, Big s said:

There’s always a slim possibility of a reissue, but it’s extremely slim since it already kinda had a reissue with the missile parts. I think the recon version will probably be the last regult that gets released unless they get around to the green version from the movie. That price isn’t too outrageous, so I would say to pick it up 

Thanks for your input. Yeah I decided to pick it up and look forward to receiving it in the mail this week:good:

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the design, and if I am not mistaken, it appears as if the canopy can open.  If it comes with integrated landing gear and missiles and a stand, this could be a very complete Hi-Metal R package!  I hope that they release more details and dimensions soon!

Twich

I would have to say that I would enjoy all five VF-0 variants(6 if you count a Shin custom) plus some SV-51 action as well. I too wish that they would announce release date, preorder and MSRP.

Twich

4 hours ago, sc_planet said:

Hi all 

Does anyone know if the UN logo in blue is a decal?  If yes and you have it, is it possible to beg your help to scan a 600 or 1200 dpi version of it?  I want to print some to put on some Macross II resins/3D print.

thank you for the help.  

No, it's not a decal. It's already been printed on to the figure. 

However, @jenius included a scan of the sticker on his Evolution Toy 1/60 VF-2SS review over Anymoon.com.

Hope that helps.