Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Hope the seams aren't so bad like they are on the display piece. 

Same.

... However I think I'm more concerned about it coming with a stand.

If my supposition is correct and the Hi Metal R VF-0 toys are designed with integrated landing gears and an articulated air brake, this could be a new turning point for the line. If we got all the VF-0’s and perhaps the SV-51…..I imagine this would sell like hotcakes and directly compete with Arcadia’s offerings.

realistically, I am not expecting Metal landing gears with rubber wheels, but who knows…..

I hope I turn out to be correct.

twich

So, given that we have seen the Bandai Hi Metal R VF-0S shown with a stand, wings with hard points, missiles for the hard points, and what appears to be self contained bay doors for landing gear, how much do you think this release will run? Do people think they are gauging the interest for Macross Zero Hi Metal R toys? Could there be a whole line from Macross Zero to include the destroids from both sides……

I’m pretty excited and wish they would announce more details along with official word on the possibility of international release. 
Twich

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The VF-4 figures were around $120, and the VF-2SS ones were around $110.

I'd imagine it'll be around $130? Lots of little bits in a VF-0S, plus the larger size, plus the missiles and (extra?) wings.

Not to mention the leg Fast Packs, so around $140? And if Bandai decides on throwing in the Ghost Booster and added armaments and fuel tanks, north of $170/180?

13 hours ago, twich said:

So, given that we have seen the Bandai Hi Metal R VF-0S shown with a stand, wings with hard points, missiles for the hard points, and what appears to be self contained bay doors for landing gear, how much do you think this release will run? Do people think they are gauging the interest for Macross Zero Hi Metal R toys? Could there be a whole line from Macross Zero to include the destroids from both sides……

I’m pretty excited and wish they would announce more details along with official word on the possibility of international release. 
Twich

If they're releasing the VF-0S, the VF-0A is most likely to happen. I hope they also make the 0D and the Sv-51, but I wouldn't count on the Destroids

It's a mini Arcadia VF-0. I mean it's like a shrunken Arcadia VF-0, same exact hands/fingers, same shoulder, elbow and hip joints (just to mention some parts).

Not that I'm against it! The Arcadia VF-0 is one of the best VF toy out there!!

5 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

It's a mini Arcadia VF-0. I mean it's like a shrunken Arcadia VF-0, same exact hands/fingers, same shoulder, elbow and hip joints (just to mention some parts).

Not that I'm against it! The Arcadia VF-0 is one of the best VF toy out there!!

It's really the same situation as with the VF-4s, if you think about it.  They're nigh identical, just at different sizes, and with a couple of different features.

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm also not a big fan of M0. But you have to admit the VF-0 looks gorgeous. :rolleyes:

I have similar feelings. It had this vibe for me of a slow anime. Characters staring into the sky and whatnot.  mysticism. I wish i could get into it, and frontier and delta. SDF is the only one that completely hit the spot story wise, and Macross Plus Because as you guys described where the action sequences were great but character story bored me. And I have to admit Macross seven because despite all of the goofiness it was still a fun ride. 

i will still buy a vf-0 though. Very nice design and not spindly and thin like newer valks

Edited by lavinrac

1 hour ago, rocketblast said:

What ever happened to Bandai re-releasing the VF-1S Roy strike valkyrie?  I never managed to pick one of those up.

I don't remember Bandai re-released Roy's VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. What I remember was that it got released with 2 versions. One with and without the special Tamashii stand. Bandai also hasn't released yet a Roy VF-1S TV version. But we did get a glimpse of a Hikaru VF-1S TV version with Super Packs during the last event.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't remember Bandai re-released Roy's VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. What I remember was that it got released with 2 versions. One with and without the special Tamashii stand. Bandai also hasn't released yet a Roy VF-1S TV version. But we did get a glimpse of a Hikaru VF-1S TV version with Super Packs during the last event.

Roy’s Strike VF-1S was shown at an event last year along with a Scout Regult, and I think people suspected it might be getting a re-release at some point.

At this point, I’d rather get the TV version, even though I already put together customs from the original Hi Metal.

3 hours ago, rocketblast said:

What ever happened to Bandai re-releasing the VF-1S Roy strike valkyrie?  I never managed to pick one of those up.

Maybe it will get rereleased at some point.

hmrregultscoutandvf1sstrikeroy.JPG.05308034b1b67054b2aff37c2b19d7a6.JPG

The Regult Scout needs to be released for sure.