Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 11/18/2021 at 7:09 PM, sh9000 said:

hmrtomahawk.jpg.38c7e2750964c2d7b477aad7307210f0.jpg

In the Destroid series following "Destroid Spartan," "Destroid Monster," and "Destroid Defender," we are planning a Destroid Tomahawk.  We will do our best to prepare Destroids, including Destroid Phalanx, so please support us.

To be released as a set so far.  I'm hoping for TWE Blue Phalanx in the future!

I wonder if the "set" part was either removed because it was supposed to be a "surprise" when officially announced for PO or if it was not supposed to be sold as a "set" at all.....as far as I can tell that whole set wording is gone and had been taken down during the Tamashii event at some point....

Will be great if it actually is sold as a set.....finally Bandai listening to their customers

3 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Smart move on Bandai's part. Better to only have one SKU that sells like crap instead of two.

You really think they'll sell badly? It just seems that HM-R did decently overall and now we have all these pent up demand. Pl;us, original series stuff is the most popular stuff.

4 hours ago, Stranger said:

You really think they'll sell badly? It just seems that HM-R did decently overall and now we have all these pent up demand. Pl;us, original series stuff is the most popular stuff.

They might sell out fairly quickly but they likely don't make enough of them to be very profitable. If they make more, them they will shelf warm for a bit and they probably don't like that for such a small margin item.

On 11/28/2021 at 3:50 PM, DewPoint said:

To be released as a set so far.  I'm hoping for TWE Blue Phalanx in the future!

I’d buy a blue Phalanx, blue Spartan, and blue Max Tomahawk.

On 11/28/2021 at 4:09 PM, brooklynmacross said:

Looks so mouth watering. Beautiful collection

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Stranger said:

Absolutely. All of the past Destroids have sold poorly, Yamato's 1/60 Destroids included. Even with sales and discounts, they'd still sit on the shelves for a little while before finally selling out. IIRC, the HMR Monster could still be found on sale in 2020, several years after it was released.

Don't get me wrong, I love the HMR Destroids and have bought every single release. But most Macross fans seem to (ironically) consider the Destroids as a luxury, not a priority.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:17 PM, jvmacross said:

I wonder if the "set" part was either removed because it was supposed to be a "surprise" when officially announced for PO or if it was not supposed to be sold as a "set" at all.....as far as I can tell that whole set wording is gone and had been taken down during the Tamashii event at some point....

Will be great if it actually is sold as a set.....finally Bandai listening to their customers

I'll put forward a contrary (and probably minority) opinion: because I want to build a Destroid Troop from my headcanon that consists of 2 Defenders and 4 Tomahawks, I really hope they [i]don't[/i] sell them as a set.  A couple Phalanxes would be cool, but I don't want 4 and I don't think I'd make back 50% of the set's value trying to sell just Phalanxes.

I’ve recently been building one of the power armors for Star ship troopers that wave put out. And I had seen a meme picture on the images of a cross between that and a tomahawk and now I’m looking at that above picture and I can see that there are so many similarities in the designs between the two, like the joints and the head

Is it me, or does that thing look to be the size of a Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 toy? Is it possible that given the size, we might get integrated landing gear? It also appears that the air brake might be articulated. I have high hopes for the Hi Metal R VF-0S Focker Use! Wish they would correctly transform it on that stand!

Twich

Edited by twich

I did see that. It also looks like the landing gear bay doors open and the air brake opens as well. I am hopeful, but am just happy at the prospect of Bandai making this and other Macross Zero Variable Fighter and even destroids for those destroid lovers

Twich

11 hours ago, twich said:

Is it me, or does that thing look to be the size of a Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 toy? Is it possible that given the size, we might get integrated landing gear? It also appears that the air brake might be articulated. I have high hopes for the Hi Metal R VF-0S Focker Use! Wish they would correctly transform it on that stand!

Twich

Nice observation, it does look like the landing gears will finally be integrated for the HMR. Hoping the cockpit canopy is integrated as well, like what was done for the HMR VF-4, so we will finally have a perfect transformation HMR Macross..