Hi-Metal R

joppewo

12 hours ago, MKT said:

Based on this, the height difference between both HMRs in battroid seem much smaller compared to Arcadia’s.

Is Arcadia’s VF-0 too big then? I do remember Arcadia’s VF-0 had the right size in fighter mode relative to their VF-1.

Hopefully HMR VF-0 will not very noticeably undersized.. else, PO cancelled? :ph34r:

To answer your question, based on @jenius's Anymoon site, Arcadia's VF-0 is true to scale in Fighter mode. However, in Battroid mode, it's 2cm taller for its scale. VF-1 on the other hand, it's true to scale in Battroid mode. But in Fighter mode, it's quarter-centimeter short.

The HMR VF-0 will definitely tower the HMR VF-1, but I don't think it's going to tower like what we have with Arcadia.

hmr_vf0s_speculation.jpg

Even though I Photoshop this just to have an idea on how it will scale with each other based on the stands, I have a feeling that the VF-0 will look nice together with the rest of the VF-1's.

hmr_vf1_vf0_comparison.jpg

You also have to forgive the HMR line because all of their releases weren't promoted as 1/100 scale. ;) 

39 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Wasn't there also a "TV" VF-1S teased during the last Tamashii event?  Will be nice to have both of these Fockers side by side....hope the HMR VF-0S is among the next batch of "WWM" that we will get to order via local online retailers!

When Bandai had the video presentation and they were talking about the DX VF-25 Worldwide Anniversary and HMR VF-0S I was under the impression that they were saying that both would be worldwide releases.

3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

When Bandai had the video presentation and they were talking about the DX VF-25 Worldwide Anniversary and HMR VF-0S I was under the impression that they were saying that both would be worldwide releases.

If you check the pictures on the tamashii event website, the 0S states that it’s a Japan only item, while the -25 does not.

I’m guessing it’s probably because the 0S is a “Roy” machine, and Roy is part of SDFM and thus HG has some of the international rights per the agreement. So they’d need to get HG approval, and likely pay HG a licensing fee outside of Japan.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

I’m just saying that during the video presentation when the camera was on the DX VF-25 Worldwide Anniversary and HMR VF-0S the guy speaking said, “These items will be a worldwide release.”

Edited by sh9000

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

\we're never going to see a 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1 at this point.

That's a massive bummer.:(

That will be the second Japan only SDF-1 I'm never going to see right @tekering?. Poke, poke (had to take the shot, I'm feeling like a troublemaker today).:wub:

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

had to take the shot

Had to take the hit. :vava:

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

My one issue with things still being Japan-only is that we're never going to see a 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1 at this point.

But (as you say) HMR merch has never been difficult to pre-order, import, or acquire on the secondary market, so "Japan-only" isn't really an issue for any of us... and as traditional brick-and-mortar retail continues to deteriorate, luxury items are frequently only sold online anyway.  It all comes down to the size of the potential market, and whether Bandai, Arcadia et.al. see the product as a worthwhile return-on-investment.

17 hours ago, tekering said:

Had to take the hit. :vava:

But (as you say) HMR merch has never been difficult to pre-order, import, or acquire on the secondary market, so "Japan-only" isn't really an issue for any of us... and as traditional brick-and-mortar retail continues to deteriorate, luxury items are frequently only sold online anyway.  It all comes down to the size of the potential market, and whether Bandai, Arcadia et.al. see the product as a worthwhile return-on-investment.

Is this response in relation to a 1/3000 SDFM SDF-1?  Because acquiring one from Japan might not be difficult per se, but the TV version is more popular world wide.  There's a reason why Arcadia hasn't made one yet, because Japan doesn't want it.  If there's still a perceived barrier to release to the rest of the world for SDFM then there will never be any additional demand for and SDFM version that can be applied and it won't get made.

39 minutes ago, Shinobi Rendar said:

Hope we get an announcement soon for the PO date for the VF-0S. Might get 2 of them to display in at least 2 modes... maybe 1 more...

Would be pleasantly surprised if bandai did a December PO for the 0s.
I am thinking likely February PO, if a late 2nd quarter 2022 slot is viable. Else April/May for a 3rd quarter 2022 release. 

One eye open.

Edited by seti88

5 hours ago, Big s said:

Might be a really good idea to get two, just in case the possible armor just ends up being an add on pack. More than likely it will be included with one in a future release 

It's always a good idea to get two.:D

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Looks like I just got Bandai'd.  While dusting off my Macross cabinets I went to move one of the HMR Regults.  The knee joint no longer holds, the body falls and one of the mini-guns on the bottom of the pod snapped off.

Kiki loose joint fixer ought to work.

11 hours ago, Mommar said:

Looks like I just got Bandai'd.  While dusting off my Macross cabinets I went to move one of the HMR Regults.  The knee joint no longer holds, the body falls and one of the mini-guns on the bottom of the pod snapped off.

Balderdash. Bandai valks don't have any issues.

My 1st Regult also had a leg issue.  It would hold any pose just fine, but if you picked it up, one leg would noticeably drop down.  It would still hold the same pose if you set back down, so it wasn't a big issue.  It just hinted at potential future issues.  We all knew that the legs would eventually be the major issue with the Regult, It is most likely why Bandai included the stand with it.