Hi-Metal R

joppewo

20 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Tomahawk seems still to be a tease at this moment...It doesn't appear on the new products page....where the 0S and 1S have their own boxes...

https://tamashii-nation.tamashii.jp/station/debut/

oooh a HMR 0D would be nice too...

A VF-0D would be sweet, even for a 1/100 scale toy, it would be a rather large Valk. Finger's crossed! 

6 minutes ago, treatment said:

hmmm, all TBD for now per the tamashii-page:

https://tamashii-nation.tamashii.jp/station/macross/hi-metal-r/

image.png.be9b2299bfa6d9e9512ef9a5c9d672e7.png

image.png.30d7ab0b2f221271dcff8df5b4ec14cd.png

image.png.7481e4201e983216d8f698a3e348fadf.png

I reckon moar Proplica microphones from Bandai first way before any of these HM-Rs...

In the translated form...From the OVA "Macross Zero", the VF-0S Phoenix on which Roy Focker has a prominent skull mark on the canopy cover and tail. Currently planning!

In episode 27 of "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross", VF-1S Super Valkyrie on which Hikaru Ichijo rides is also in the process of acclaimed planning

hmrtomahawk.jpg.38c7e2750964c2d7b477aad7307210f0.jpg

In the Destroid series following "Destroid Spartan," "Destroid Monster," and "Destroid Defender," we are planning a Destroid Tomahawk.  We will do our best to prepare Destroids, including Destroid Phalanx, so please support us.

2 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

hmrtomahawk.jpg.38c7e2750964c2d7b477aad7307210f0.jpg

In the Destroid series following "Destroid Spartan," "Destroid Monster," and "Destroid Defender," we are planning a Destroid Tomahawk.  We will do our best to prepare Destroids, including Destroid Phalanx, so please support us.

I totally support this and the completion of the Regult series as well.

Go Bandai!!

10 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Isn't the lower half tooling for the Tomahawk, Phalanx and Regult Scout already done?

Make them Tamashii exclusives, if necessary, and they should have their costs well covered... :unsure:

And I've been supporting this line from the start, so support me Bandai! :D

Loving the VF-0S! It looks to be an almost indistinguishable mini-me of Arcadia's 1/60, just like the VF-4, and hopefully the mold has also the same modern fit & finish.

And finally the Tomahawk confirmation is just around the corner. Looking ahead, if it took this many years for Tomahawk to arrive, I thinking the Phalanx might take another 10 years. -_-

10 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

In for Tomahawk x8, TV VF-1S Hikaru x2, and VF-0S x2.

If it’s a 2 pack, then you will have phalanx x8 also...

10 minutes ago, MKT said:

Loving the VF-0S! It looks to be an almost indistinguishable mini-me of Arcadia's 1/60, just like the VF-4, and hopefully the mold has also the same modern fit & finish.

And finally the Tomahawk confirmation is just around the corner. Looking ahead, if it took this many years for Tomahawk to arrive, I thinking the Phalanx might take another 10 years. -_-

Seeing the ‘&’ in the listing might mean a 2 pack. 

I'm kinda feeling like I'm in an abusive relationship with Bandai.  I hope that Bandai will for fulfill my HMR Destroid dreams.  Then suddenly Bandai will turn around and beat me down and crush my dreams.  But I stay in the relationship because I'm still hoping...  :vava:

Oh hell yes! It’s been a LONG wait for the Tomahawk. And even a mention of the Phalanx. Very excited.

They've got my support! Hopefully we get both Destroids, a rerelease for the Regults: regular, armored & scout finally… and dare I say the Nos-G & Q-Rau. Bring it!!

🤘🥳🤘

Just as a quick reminder, Phalanx is already tooled & was displayed 😉

E0A27AE1-F275-4D90-B4F4-2EDF1DFA1D03.jpeg

0B1619E8-5460-46F8-8998-E6E9D3B444A1.jpeg

Edited by atreyu2112

I'm very happy to see that the line isn't dead, and I hope they make all of these, but reading the translations of the descriptions on the event site, I can't help but think that they are proposed concepts, not actual commitments from Bandai. They all seem to have a variant of "let us know what you think" or "please support us" included, and there's a poll on a second tab where you can say if you'd buy it, need more time to think about it, etc. At least domestic fans have a voice this time. Let's hope they like the HMR line as much as those of us who live elsewhere.

hi metal R LIVES!!! 

TOMAHAWK!!  woohoo!!  totally getting that VF-0S phoenix too.  not sure i need the vf-1s hikaru.  i mean we've gotten the DYRL roy and supers before so at this scale imma call that close enough.  if the price isn't horrible though still might get it.  the tomahawk i will get 2 though.  the phoenix is instabought as well.

Note that all the HMR stuff is listed as domestic Japanese release only, whereas the DX sets are not. Yes, even the VF-0s (probably because Roy).

We can hope that Bandai and HG work something out, but probably still going to be cheaper to buy from a Japanese retailer.

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Note that all the HMR stuff is listed as domestic Japanese release only, whereas the DX sets are not. Yes, even the VF-0s (probably because Roy).

We can hope that Bandai and HG work something out, but probably still going to be cheaper to buy from a Japanese retailer.

I'm fine with that if it actually keeps money out of HG's hands.

been doing it for years, why change now?

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

And I'm wondering if there will be split distribution for the DX line between SDFM and everything else, where the former is only domestic because of the agreement with HG. Maybe Bandai doesn't want to deal with the split for one HMR item (right now). If I can get something stateside, fantastic, but I'm pragmatic and plan to keep slugging it out for releases in Japan and have them shipped.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Now i see the prototype pictures for the phalanx again, the missile door hinges and the red side bubble light are too large compared to the lineart..

destroid-phalanx-schematics.gif.fd13b2a333c296784c8114fe388d9768.gif

lineart from the macross mecha manual site..

How could they?! Preorder cancelled!

:crazy: J/K, those differences don't concern me.