Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, Vagabond Elf said:

Well, it's not as if the earlier Macross HMRs were available outside of Japan - not officially, anyway.  So I don't see how that changes anything for us.  I just want my Tomohawks and a second chance at the Regults.  :)

Exactly....folks just need to adjust their expectations accordingly.......when it comes to SDFM/DYRL......it's the status quo

Yep.  Requested that the HMR Macross line continue that includes all of those mentioned and more.

Hoping that someone from Bandai will come to this forum once in a while to get some input.

It would be nice if Bandai were to work with HG and release HMR in the US.  HG can use the HMR line as their new smaller scale releases.  Use a HG slipcover or repackaging.  Start from the beginning or continue the line.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Yep.  Requested that the HMR Macross line continue that includes all of those mentioned and more.

Hoping that someone from Bandai will come to this forum once in a while to get some input.

It would be nice if Bandai were to work with HG and release HMR in the US.  HG can use the HMR line as their new smaller scale releases.  Use a HG slipcover or repackaging.  Start from the beginning or continue the line.

Now that you mention it....I wonder if KitzConcept's release plans have changed any?  At one point they were talking about the possibility of releasing Destroids in scale with their 1/72 VF-1 line......with that said, the chances of a 1/72 Destroid Monster would be slim to none.....so I would rather have a "complete" in-scale line of toys (HMR) and would hope HG and BW can come up with some financial agreement when it comes to current "Japan-Only" toys from Bandai and others...then perhaps we can eventually get the few missing HMR mechs not released made available directly to any collector outside of Japan....

Make no mistake though, I will continue to buy my SDFM/DYRL merch straight from Japan if that "deal" never materializes...heck, even if it does, I may still just buy the Japanese versions if I prefer the packaging, etc...LOL

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Now that you mention it....I wonder if KitzConcept's release plans have changed any?  At one point they were talking about the possibility of releasing Destroids in scale with their 1/72 VF-1 line......with that said, the chances of a 1/72 Destroid Monster would be slim to none.....so I would rather have a "complete" in-scale line of toys (HMR) and would hope HG and BW can come up with some financial agreement when it comes to current "Japan-Only" toys from Bandai and others...then perhaps we can eventually get the few missing HMR mechs not released made available directly to any collector outside of Japan....

Make no mistake though, I will continue to buy my SDFM/DYRL merch straight from Japan if that "deal" never materializes...heck, even if it does, I may still just buy the Japanese versions if I prefer the packaging, etc...LOL

Looking forward to seeing what turns out.

I wouldn’t mind if they get that originally planned 1/55 VF-1D released too.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, seti88 said:

https://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/

As per the event description for the macross station,

HMR MACROSS is

NOT DEAD??

Theoretically not dead. Would be really nice to see some movement on this line. HMR is mentioned in passing in the event details, but the focus still seems to be on the DX line. And replicas of microphones. <_<

image.png.65768943b908573d559ab2fbd61eb772.png

26 minutes ago, seti88 said:

HMR ozma armored. nuff said. 

13 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Yep! I'm on board for some HMR Macross Frontier Valks. 

Not going to happen unless the YF-19/21 proto types are resurrected from stasis mode and get one first. 

32 minutes ago, borgified said:

Not going to happen unless the YF-19/21 proto types are resurrected from stasis mode and get one first. 

Cant imagine bandai resurrecting HMR Macross plus just yet even if there were release slots. 
I would think focus for Macross Plus series releases, it will be in the DX line for the near future.

Edited by seti88

19 minutes ago, seti88 said:

on the page it says planning for the VF-0S and booby duck, but not on the tomahawk! 

😏😃

So they're not making the Tomahawk or is that just Bandai badly misspelling the word Tomahawk? 

Still, I'm excited on the 0S, may a, SV-51, 0A & 0D follow in the near future too! 

3 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

So they're not making the Tomahawk or is that just Bandai badly misspelling the word Tomahawk? 

Still, I'm excited on the 0S, may a, SV-51, 0A & 0D follow in the near future too! 

Tomahawk seems still to be a tease at this moment...It doesn't appear on the new products page....where the 0S and 1S have their own boxes...

https://tamashii-nation.tamashii.jp/station/debut/

oooh a HMR 0D would be nice too...

Edited by seti88