Hi-Metal R

joppewo

0A8561A5-5F0F-44F6-8A93-3FAF0F0D7BD4.jpeg.aba10b08b39932cb1dc2976b637d5fa8.jpeg

If you have a spare junker VF-1 or one that is left in Fighter mode, swap the middle part.  The plastic bicep should be able to detach from the metal ball joint.  I’ve never tried it before though. If the 2 pieces don’t separate then swap the middle part and use the bicep cover and forearm of the VF-1D. The middle part will be a different color but not too noticeable.  It can be painted.  If you have a spare VF-1D that will be left in Fighter mode then take the entire arm to replace from the broken one.

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Could probably design a replacement part for that section to 3d print.

Really doubtful there, the part that broke off is a metal ball on a pin, and the parts are small enough I don't think you would ever get the printed strength necessary to support the arm at that scale, at least not if you ever intended to transform it again.  Might work for a fixed pose, though.

If you have the tools, you might have more luck trying to make a new ball joint on a metal peg, and then drill into the shoulder to mount it, if there's room.  Could even potentially tap the hole and screw a small screw into it, but I don't remember how thick the material you'd be drilling into is.  We're probably talking on the scale of watch repair here.

On 8/9/2021 at 11:19 AM, sh9000 said:

0A8561A5-5F0F-44F6-8A93-3FAF0F0D7BD4.jpeg.aba10b08b39932cb1dc2976b637d5fa8.jpeg

If you have a spare junker VF-1 or one that is left in Fighter mode, swap the middle part.  The plastic bicep should be able to detach from the metal ball joint.  I’ve never tried it before though. If the 2 pieces don’t separate then swap the middle part and use the bicep cover and forearm of the VF-1D. The middle part will be a different color but not too noticeable.  It can be painted.  If you have a spare VF-1D that will be left in Fighter mode then take the entire arm to replace from the broken one.

This is a great option. Although it requires a junker or extra you're willing to compromise. 

2 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Could probably design a replacement part for that section to 3d print.

I wonder how well that would hold up.

• 3 weeks later...

so how many (and which) shown prototype designs have so far been vaporware?  This line been dormant for a long time, but is there any hope it will come back online?

tomahawk, phalanx, Nousjadel-Ger, scout pod...what am i missing?  i'm starting to think i should just try and track down some old model kits of these (if available) to "complete the line". 

2 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

so how many (and which) shown prototype designs have so far been vaporware?  This line been dormant for a long time, but is there any hope it will come back online?

I think 4 or 5. No one knows for sure.

2 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

tomahawk, phalanx, Nousjadel-Ger, scout pod...what am i missing?  i'm starting to think i should just try and track down some old model kits of these (if available) to "complete the line". 

Kakizaki's VF-1A and Britai, I believe.

unnamed.jpg.b59fdb36e1d76a4eaf6c395db3e58582.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

On 9/9/2021 at 1:23 PM, no3Ljm said:

I think 4 or 5. No one knows for sure.

Kakizaki's VF-1A and Britai, I believe.

unnamed.jpg.b59fdb36e1d76a4eaf6c395db3e58582.jpg

oh yeah.  i thought the britai was rumored to be an SHF that is in scale with the HMR Vf-1s?  anyway, yeah we never got those two as well.  the MEP toys one really didn't scratch that itch btw. 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Woah that chess cloth is to scale?

Dont forget to have some gerwalk pieces in there too!:lol:

The mat for version 2 is 3' x 3'.  No Gerwalk pieces just like version 1.

large.hmrchess3.JPG.3fff46cfe07519b7d61a1d7b42ee60af.JPG

Edited by sh9000

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Bub said:

Nice... This one I took a picture of  picture from a magazine:

DSC_7478.JPG

Hey Bub!  Which magazine is it?  Figure Oh?

It is a shame that we are so close to completing the main figures from SDFM in HM/HMR form. 

Still, HMR as a toy line seems to still be alive.....so I guess we can still keep hope alive....

large.1557120840_LIAMacrossScalePoster.j

I know, but if a lot of HMRs fan’s dreams come true, that would mean Bandai would break it’s “vow”. 😉

Yes. The picture was probably from Figure Oh. If not, maybe from Hobby Japan 2017 10? I was just browsing through a Book Off almost 2 years ago.

31 minutes ago, Bub said:

I know, but if a lot of HMRs fan’s dreams come true, that would mean Bandai would break it’s “vow”. 😉

Yes. The picture was probably from Figure Oh. If not, maybe from Hobby Japan 2017 10? I was just browsing through a Book Off almost 2 years ago.

OK...thanks!  It seems to cover the release of the HMR Defender....so probably 2017...bet it's been posted on this HMR thread before...but good luck finding it within the 723 pages!  

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Well, here's the chance to tell Bandai to finish the HMR line:

https://jp.surveymonkey.com/r/RNGJ73D

Unfortunately, it's not only up to Bandai........BW more or less "settled" the BW/HG grudge match by abandoning merch rights to anything "robotech" related outside of Japan.....sadly that means SDFM and for more dubious reasons...DYRL....

I think Bandai will finish up the HMR line (assuming you are referring to what had already been teased/displayed), but it will probably do it for "Japan Only"....unless some devine intervention makes BW/HG come up with some additional deal for "joint" releases outside of Japan......I am personally not holding my breath

For what its worth anyway I asked for more Zentraedi merchandise and for them to release the HMR Regult Scout.

At least I could finally put that on one of their surveys. I never noticed any Zentraedi items listed on the Tamashi site survey. It was also extremely gratifying to answer "none" to the question about their listed valkyries/whatever.

Edited by Podtastic

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Unfortunately, it's not only up to Bandai........BW more or less "settled" the BW/HG grudge match by abandoning merch rights to anything "robotech" related outside of Japan.....sadly that means SDFM and for more dubious reasons...DYRL....

I think Bandai will finish up the HMR line (assuming you are referring to what had already been teased/displayed), but it will probably do it for "Japan Only"....unless some devine intervention makes BW/HG come up with some additional deal for "joint" releases outside of Japan......I am personally not holding my breath

Well, it's not as if the earlier Macross HMRs were available outside of Japan - not officially, anyway.  So I don't see how that changes anything for us.  I just want my Tomohawks and a second chance at the Regults.  :)