Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I’m holding out hope that there will still be more releases.  

I’d buy diorama and effect pieces or if they wanted to try something different then maybe Collect and Connect SDF-1 pieces with each release.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I’m holding out hope that there will still be more releases.  

I’d buy diorama and effect pieces or if they wanted to try something different then maybe Collect and Connect SDF-1 pieces with each release.

Yes. ^_^ Having collectable SDF-1 pieces would be a fun way to draw fans in.

With any luck, Bandai does have another Macross HMR phase planned and is just waiting for a good time to present it.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

A ~1/100 SDF-1?!

I’ll take it and the house that it comes with to store it. 

:lol: I wouldn't expect it to be 100% complete. Maybe key displays like the SDF-1 bridge, a small portion of the Prometheus, something like that.

6 hours ago, technoblue said:

Yes. ^_^ Having collectable SDF-1 pieces would be a fun way to draw fans in.

Collectable pieces as in co-packed with other HMR releases, and self assemble?

Dont go down that road pls...my wallet wont be able to take it...:help:

18 hours ago, seti88 said:

Collectable pieces as in co-packed with other HMR releases, and self assemble?

Dont go down that road pls...my wallet wont be able to take it...:help:

Yeah, something like that. It would bring a new storm of destruction to our wallets, no doubt. But I'm guessing the scope would be limited somehow. I like the idea of building something up as an incentive. It could be pieces to a diorama, more effects parts, whatever interesting add-ons fit to keep fans interested.

I mean, I liked it when Bandai released the VF-1A Mass Pro HMR with the swappable DYRL and TV head pieces. I also liked the two missile add-on packs (Valkyrie and Regult). It would be nice to see more sets like this. Then again, who knows? It's also fun speculating on the possibilities while we all wait for more news. :lol:

If Bandai did the Tomahawk and the Phalanx as a two-pack, I'd be in for that at any remotely reasonable price (and I paid quite a bit to get my artillery battlepods, because - worth it).

4 hours ago, technoblue said:

Yeah, something like that. It would bring a new storm of destruction to our wallets, no doubt. But I'm guessing the scope would be limited somehow. I like the idea of building something up as an incentive. It could be pieces to a diorama, more effects parts, whatever interesting add-ons fit to keep fans interested.

I mean, I liked it when Bandai released the VF-1A Mass Pro HMR with the swappable DYRL and TV head pieces. I also liked the two missile add-on packs (Valkyrie and Regult). It would be nice to see more sets like this. Then again, who knows? It's also fun speculating on the possibilities while we all wait for more news. :lol:

That would help sales of the slower releases. Yeah i wouldnt mind a mini bridge, ohhh... launch pad dio or something like that.

Or gasp...an atmospheric booster piece together!

42 minutes ago, technoblue said:

That's a real smart display. B)) It looks like some of those effects parts are repurposed from Transformers sets.

The only gripe I have on the Max shot is that since they retouched/removed the stand, they might as well take a another photo without the Valk and stand and compose the 2 photos together. Voila! No stand. ;) 

43 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Love it, thanks for sharing!

You're welcome. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

17 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Good to know you are still on Team Fool's Hope! :friends:

Macross Forever!

everytime you mention it, i hear the LOTR flute playing in my head...

and i wish i was back in the cinema watching it again...:cray: 

*carry on*

Just saw these on Ebay, if you need a HMR VF-1A Cannon Fodder just to keep in Battroid mode this seller has two. $39.99  each. Not sure if that's a great deal or not for what you're getting. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133772406563?hash=item1f2574ef23:g:6~IAAOSwy15grpSL

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Cool.  I’ve got plenty of spare CF parts.  Made a lower offer and bought them both.  2 more HMR CFs to add to the collection.

Nice!! Your Cannon Fodder squadron just got that much better. B))

4 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Interesting, I thought Bandai stopped the line..  I hope they continue with the remaining VFs, especially the Black GBP VF-1A from Episode 27. 

It is still inconclusive.....a non-Macross HMR was released recently, but there has been no word on another release after it....it could have just died unceremoniously or it may come back and surprise us with what HMR fans have been waiting on for a long time...namely the conclusion of the SDFM/DYRL Destroid set and a few previously teased VF's and Enemy Mechs.....all we can do is cling on to a fool's hope

I wouldn't mind the non-Macross releases so much if we were still getting Macross HMR releases.

As it is, though, I haven't been keen on the non-Macross stuff since Dougram. :unknw:

Added to which, the L-Gaim and Votoms stuff are in the same HMR limbo as Macross...

Oh well, what's the over/under on whether we will see a totally different classic anime mecha teased for HMR this year?