Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

That came out cool.  I plan on doing Destroid poses based on Tenjin's art.

Thanks!

Ooooh....can't wait to play some more with your digitized Macross toys!  LOL.......

Here's another old school style HMR pic while we all wait for your "Tenjin" style toy pics!

Keep 'em coming!

:drinks:

large.1400768798_ARIIHMRDEFENDER.jpg.184

So I found what I thought was a good deal for a Monster on a Buyee auction a while back.  I went for it and thought I can just deal with the shipping later.  I decided to try out shipping by sea for the first time to save some cash.  They just told me they cannot ship the item since it contains a prohibited item, grease X1.  Has anyone else seen this, or have any idea what they are saying is grease?

20 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.1677757636_WhatIf.....JPG.ed84198c

large.100172742_DYRLMMQRAUSHMRDYRL.jpg.6

:db:

Don't tease like that! :p

I would definitely buy them, I'll bet these would be a vast improvement over the old Yamato's! 

Side note for those who keep asking if the HMR line is dead or on life support, Covid-19 has been a massive gut punch worldwide. Product I would normally be investing in for my customers is on hold simply because I know the customers are not there right now or super ight on funds. Same could be said for Bandai, when they see financially that things are improving (Not to mention Shipping services returned to normal) and it's worth it, you'll see new releases announced. They're in it for the money and want more, eventually you'll see Mac Plus, Frontier & Zero releases. Fingers crossed, the remaining Destroids. 

They have been somewhat steadily releasing HMR stuff from other IPs. In addition to the world covid situation, Bandai probably didn't want to have Macross releases across two different lines once the 1/48 DX came out. 

I am still holding out hope for more Macross HMR. Definitely hoping for Destroids if nothing else.

That upcoming Dragonar sure is a sharp looking figure.

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks!

Ooooh....can't wait to play some more with your digitized Macross toys!  LOL.......

Here's another old school style HMR pic while we all wait for your "Tenjin" style toy pics!

Keep 'em coming!

:drinks:

large.1400768798_ARIIHMRDEFENDER.jpg.184

Cool.  :good:

20 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Massive show offs.

:wub:

:D

18 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks!

Here's one more just for you!

large.940570316_IMAIHMRGlaugboxart.jpg.5

Nicely done again.  :drinks:

4 hours ago, Corrinald said:

They have been somewhat steadily releasing HMR stuff from other IPs. In addition to the world covid situation, Bandai probably didn't want to have Macross releases across two different lines once the 1/48 DX came out. 

I am still holding out hope for more Macross HMR. Definitely hoping for Destroids if nothing else.

That upcoming Dragonar sure is a sharp looking figure.

They probably don't want to compete with themselves by releasing multiple lines of the same toy. 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

They probably don't want to compete with themselves by releasing multiple lines of the same toy. 

That wouldn't surprise me, especially if the DX line cannibalized the HMR releases more than Bandai may have anticipated. 

-b.

On 2/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, Kanedas Bike said:

Sold off most of my HMR collection a few years ago, thinking about picking up one or two pieces to add to the desk while I'm still working from home.

-b.

HMR is great for the desk! Mine have been keeping me company through the last several months at home. Recently decided to set up a Hikaru shelf.

IMG_3487.JPG

Edited by ScrambledValkyrie

So I was moving around some of my HMR VFs to make space for another brownie when I accidentally hit the stand for the Elintseeker, popping it off. I reached out and caught in, but somehow popped a wing off when doing so. I started searching around and the wing had totally disappeared. It may have slipped into my comics rack I have but I haven't tracked it down yet. And of course I knock the wing off one that doesn't have an alternate set.

So until I find the damned thing, the poor Elintseeker is going to have to stay in space and avoid flying in an atmosphere.

image0.jpg?width=471&height=628

17 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.1034553342_Hikarucelclose-up.jpg.4

:drinks::friends:

I’m having fun contributing and sharing my Macross appreciation in this forum.

15 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Recently decided to set up a Hikaru shelf.

IMG_3487.JPG

That looks great.  I like that they are posed like in individual scenes that they appeared in the TV show or movie.

Edited by sh9000

31 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Good work!  :hi:

Thank You sir!

I tried to angle this one the best I could, but without the right angle on the Elint to match the original Tenjin illustration...it was tough....if you ever get the chance, I'd like to revisit it using one of your properly posed pics! :friends:

large.70632909_TenjinElintSeeker.jpg.a20

large.1574168962_TenjinHMRElintSeeker2.j