Hi-Metal R

joppewo

So sad. There are still so many untapped opportunities. Maybe Bandai will come back to it one day.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:40 PM, Ekafithra said:

Hi, where can I find replacement for vf-1 hi metal nosecone? I happen to lost one.

You could post in the Wanted section. You may need to buy a donor valk. Also note that the color is a little different depending on which one you're trying to replace.

Missing nosecone might make it a good candidate to display with the GBP armor, but I'm thinking your best bet may be to make a copy with a 3D printer, and paint it to match.  Not going to be great, but maybe better than nothing.

On another note, I finally got around to doing what I'd been intending, and I'm a little sad that the plastic isn't quite a match, but this is what I'd love to do with one of my Arcadia VF-4s.  I don't care much for most of the markings on the "Roy" VF-4, but those wing stripes are something I've felt was always missing from the Flashback scheme, and I love the updated head design.

MixedVF4.thumb.jpg.3c6184bf14fbd171136698deb6662bec.jpg

On 1/28/2021 at 8:00 PM, danth said:

Dumb question time.

Are there any third party mods to make these PT? Like better hands, gun handle, landing hear, heat shield?

I think you would seriously struggle with most of those.  For landing gear, the bays probably aren't nearly deep enough, and the heat shield would probably be too fragile if it was the required thickness.

The gun handle though, I think would be entirely possible.  It's not that complex a mechanism, and the gun already extends.

I think HMR and the 1/72 vf-1 models were basically released to fund research and design of the DX VF-1.  The extra extension at the intakes is from the model and there are many elements of HMR in the transformation of the DX.  HMR would cut into sales of more premium pricing on the DX.  

It’s a damn shame, but I think when we saw the paint scheme change on the VF-4, we also saw the death of HMR.

it’s obviously just an opinion, but ever since the DX line started rolling, HMR started dying.

I suspect it's due to the relatively poor sales of most of the Macross HMRs (the Nexx, most of the VF-1 variants, pretty much everything except the Regults, the SSP VF-1 packs, and the CF). Obviously Macross fans in general are much more hyped for the DX Vf-1 series, given how they all instantly sell out and not one yet has seen an aftermarket price as low as the MSRP.

Since the DX line is doing so well, makes sense to push that for at long as it's hot.

On 2/8/2021 at 2:30 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

I suspect it's due to the relatively poor sales of most of the Macross HMRs (the Nexx, most of the VF-1 variants, pretty much everything except the Regults, the SSP VF-1 packs, and the CF). Obviously Macross fans in general are much more hyped for the DX Vf-1 series, given how they all instantly sell out and not one yet has seen an aftermarket price as low as the MSRP.

Since the DX line is doing so well, makes sense to push that for at long as it's hot.

I feel they could clean up on Tomahawks though. 

I get abandoning the VF-1 HMR's.

That is unless there are top secret DX Destroids in the works...........:yahoo: TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That is unless there are top secret DX Destroids in the works...........:yahoo: TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!

I would have to get a second job lol

I have been hunting down the old yamato destroids.  I only need one weathering edition and I'm done...for now :)