Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 12/4/2020 at 4:15 PM, Convectuoso said:

From all those pictures, the Regult Scout is the one I want the most

Logically, as this completes the Regults.

Its sad though that they obstinately keep skipping the rare and exciting non-transforming mecha in favour of the same old VF oversupply.:5:

The market value on these things is absolutely bonkers.  Some of them cost as much as their DX 1/48 counterparts.

I was in Japan and I found a 1/60 Strike Roy V2 BNIB for less that an HMR Roy at another shop.  I don't get the appeal, they aren't that much cheaper than something way bigger and more detailed.  

At this very moment, I'm looking online and I see a VF-1J GBP HMR for ¥28,000 and they have the Arcadia VF-1J GBP 1/60 for ¥23,370, and nevermind the fact that the 1/60 was on sale last week for ¥18,000.

16 minutes ago, peter said:

The market value on these things is absolutely bonkers.  Some of them cost as much as their DX 1/48 counterparts.

I was in Japan and I found a 1/60 Strike Roy V2 BNIB for less that an HMR Roy at another shop.  I don't get the appeal, they aren't that much cheaper than something way bigger and more detailed.  

At this very moment, I'm looking online and I see a VF-1J GBP HMR for ¥28,000 and they have the Arcadia VF-1J GBP 1/60 for ¥23,370, and nevermind the fact that the 1/60 was on sale last week for ¥18,000.

The Arcadia GBP was just reissued so the price will be lower until stock dries up and it climbs again. These HMRs have been long gone for a while and there is nothing else that comes close in the history of Macross toys that displays and plays as well as this line. Also, specifically regarding the GBP...I think the HMR is probably the best implementation of the feature even at such a small scale. It just fits so perfectly. 

4 hours ago, peter said:

I agree with you.  The only reason I got into the line was the tease of the enemy mecha and space issues.  I love my valks but can't justify the space having the collection I wanted to have.  I can fit double the amount of 1/100 in the same space as I can my 1/60's.  

Not to mention having a Monster, destroids, and Zentraedi mecha in the same scale and quality.  

I hope Bandai releases more but I understand the basics of the business.  With the market how it is worldwide why invest the money on all new molds for 1/100 Macross stuff.  They have the 1/48 and they can just repaint that multiple times and milk the mold.  

2 hours ago, RHunterVF1S said:

I agree with you.  The only reason I got into the line was the tease of the enemy mecha and space issues.  I love my valks but can't justify the space having the collection I wanted to have.  I can fit double the amount of 1/100 in the same space as I can my 1/60's.  

Not to mention having a Monster, destroids, and Zentraedi mecha in the same scale and quality.  

I hope Bandai releases more but I understand the basics of the business.  With the market how it is worldwide why invest the money on all new molds for 1/100 Macross stuff.  They have the 1/48 and they can just repaint that multiple times and milk the mold.  

What drives me crazy is that they've done the work and invested the money to complete the collection.....every missing mech already exists....they just haven't released them.  

22 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

What drives me crazy is that they've done the work and invested the money to complete the collection.....every missing mech already exists....they just haven't released them.  

There is a MASSIVE difference between the cost of prototype and the cost of gearing up for production.

6 minutes ago, vladykins said:

They already have the molds for SDFM VF-1A Max and Hayao.

True. And not trying to be argumentative. Just pointing out another potential factor. Those molds could be worn out. My guess is new molds cost them $50K+ minimum. 

14 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

Are you looking to buy one?

No, I'm just curious. I didn't recall any HMR figure posted here that was available at Luna from the last couple of page. So I was wondering about your stuck shipment post.

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No, I'm just curious. I didn't recall any HMR figure posted here that was available at Luna from the last couple of page. So I was wondering about your stuck shipment post.

I understand.  I was responding to the question about Luna having delays.  I got a DX Roy from them so I was giving some encouragement to others that their shipping is coming through.  

13 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I understand.  I was responding to the question about Luna having delays.  I got a DX Roy from them so I was giving some encouragement to others that their shipping is coming through.  

Got it. :good:

30 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

This year I think I'll take a pic of my HMR VF-1D in Fighter mode hanging on the Christmas tree with Hikaru and Minmay in the cockpit for my 4th year of doing this.

25 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Hopefully we'll get some more releases in 2021. 2020 was just the worst.

Sorry guys, couldn't resist. This ornament is just too perfect.:rofl:

Company selling dumpster fire ornaments to 'commemorate 2020'

• 4 weeks later...

I just received both of the Hi-Metal L-Gaim bots. Needless to say, they are amazing. Thought I'd look around the internets and see what's shaking around the Macross Hi-Metal R world. Turns out it is just a ghost town with a couple of tumbleweeds bouncing through it.

I know the DXs are the new hotness, but in a way I prefer the Hi-Metal R versions. Oh well, all good things...

On 12/7/2020 at 6:48 PM, Lolicon said:

Hopefully we'll get some more releases in 2021. 2020 was just the worst.

I'm still hoping for a Metal Siren.