Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 11/7/2020 at 12:19 AM, mantisfists said:

Let's not...

maxresdefault.thumb.jpeg.5fe521d0a3b189a0e1d357f313a05aa1.jpeg

Or the Nousjadeul-Ger...

24311621834_c665b5e253_b.thumb.jpeg.5a32be8c13af41640f047ee17ac20ba9.jpeg

Or the Phalanx...

1096411310_HI-METALRDestroidPhalanximage00.thumb.jpeg.9963139b0b63c34cbf30798ddd7b4409.jpeg

Or, dare I say.....

1632468971_HI-METALRVF-1AKakizakiUnitTVversionimage00.thumb.jpeg.2112b7ba481a5bb81b9d4d790c8bca00.jpeg

Stop playing with my emotions, Bandai.  Don't make a brotha go Big Worm on ya!

All instabuys. 

Just add the Hot Toys Death Star Trooper and the Maas Bioroid and the journey to disappointment will be complete.

16 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

x1,000,000.  I don't understand how they borked up the DX's shape so badly after making that one.

That's probably a partsformer in some capacity, maybe even a parts swapper... Certainly doesn't have integrated gimmicks. Not an even playing field for the dx.

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

That's probably a partsformer in some capacity, maybe even a parts swapper... Certainly doesn't have integrated gimmicks. Not an even playing field for the dx.

Probably not, but I would expect them to at the very least follow the pattern they established, and not make something notably worse than the only other 1/60 perfect transformation version we have.  The design they came up with looks worse in every way compared with every other transforming YF-21 in existence, with the exception of the thicker legs.  That's a helluva sacrifice.

Edited by Chronocidal

13 hours ago, jenius said:

Get ready for Hi Metal 3!

The line continues elsewhere, hopefully it's just an intermission while they go ham on Votoms and Dougram.

Would that be Hi-Metal R :D

38 minutes ago, vladykins said:

We keep forgetting that Japanese have a hard time distinguishing R and L, so it is obvious that Hi Metal M is next.

I'm not so sure at this point because you have to remember they were specific what the R stands for when they re-announced this line back in 2014. Not Lebuild Leboot Levival Lespect. ;)

FQ2a6PN.jpg

Well, I've never been a fan of doom and gloom, but I really hope that Bandai is really just trying to get Macross fans to spend money on their DX line.  I really don't know if the non-Macross HMR products sell better, worse or just as well.  Only time will tell if Bandai returns to HMR Macross.  I can't see any reason for them not to.  To me, HMR is the more fun to handle and playable line. 

On 11/10/2020 at 8:28 PM, Slave IV said:

It’s interesting because Macross HMR releases seem to sell out while other releases usually go on clearance. But of course we don’t know if Macross releases are produced in much lower numbers. 

I personally feel that the Hi-Metal line sells better because despite the size you still get an awesome toy for a lower price than the larger DX series. They seem to be easier to PO as well. I don't know it for a fact, I just know it's true... I'll never live to see a DX or Arcadia VF-2SS so the HMR got my money. Even the VF-4 is an amazing piece for 1/100 scale. 

The biggest plus with the HMR is it allows collectors on a budget to create a squadron of these vs the DX or Arcadia line of Valks. I mean $435.00+ for the Arcadia VF-0D PF. 

I know I keep repeating myself but if Bandai did a Mac Zero, Frontier & Plus line of Valks, that would be gold and I for one would turn a blind eye to using my Visa. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

Part of the issue is that more complex VFs will increase the price of the HMR line. Look at the VF-2SS and VF_4 prices, compared to the VF-1.

If a VF-0 or VF-25 is getting into the $120-$140 range (MSRP), it's not actually that much cheaper than the MSRP on say a VF-25 was.

16 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

These toys are like Macross the First.  Both have taken a break.  Came back under a new label and restarted production reintroducing the things that have already been release.  Then both went on an indefinite leave.

Yup. HMR is dead and Bandai has no plans to resurrected it anymore... 

Anyone still need? 

HMR Regult for 11.5k yen (packaged resealed and damaged, copyright seal missing)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1152266933&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en