Hi-Metal R

joppewo

5 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Nearly a year later and still no word on when the Scout is planned for release.

Sadly progress on the bottom row seems to be at the pace of a tired snail pushing Mount Everest across a tar swamp under Jupiter's gravity against 620kph winds.

So tomorrow?

9 hours ago, Podtastic said:

m08.jpgNearly a year later and still no word on when the Scout is planned for release.

Sadly progress on the bottom row seems to be at the pace of a tired snail pushing Mount Everest across a tar swamp under Jupiter's gravity against 620kph winds.

Watch this space come end October for the TN event. Perhaps the first macross release in 2021 would be a HMR scout.

You never know when the 620kph winds will turn in the snails favor.

12 hours ago, vladykins said:

I have to say there has been an instance fairly close to "I'm altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it further!"

And don't forget those moments where you have (secretly) wanted to force choke employees and or managers for not being with the program. Particularly managers who think they can abdicate responsibility for the less pleasant aspects of management. We've all had those.:p

But I still think a drill instructor is more unreasonably optimistic, given that they are prone to threaten anatomically impossible dire-dooms while expecting you to easily violate the laws of physics. And doing it all in the most comedic fashion - where you are expected not to laugh but invariably do.:rofl:

I took a look on AnyMoon and I think this is right. I want to make 100% sure though before I go any further (or, not go any further).

Am I correct in assuming that if I want to put a DYRL Skull Squadron display together that I can't get them all in the same shade of "white"? I believe my two choices are:

VF-1S Strike Focker - HMR gray/white

VF-1S Strike Hikaru - HMR gray/white

VF-1A Super Hikaru - HMR gray/white

VF-1A Super Max - HM white

VF-1A Super Kakazaki - HM white

VF-1S Strike Focker - HM white

VF-1A Super Hikaru - HM white

If the above is the case that's a bit of a OCD bummer. Thanks

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Yep, the Hikaru 1S isn't made in HM version. If you are *really* OCD, you could get an extra HMR 1S and swap the head on to a 1A HM.

But then I would have a gray head on a white Valk. OCD overload!!!:rofl:

I guess if I wanted to go all white across the board I could get a 1A Hikaru and a 1S Focker to make a 1S Hikaru. I alreday can't find enough 1S Fockers though. I'm still trying to lock one down for an existing project I have going on now.

42948-1c-iajcr3rdyx1glmx_aqrq.png

Edited by sqidd

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I took a look on AnyMoon and I think this is right. I want to make 100% sure though before I go any further (or, not go any further).

Am I correct in assuming that if I want to put a DYRL Skull Squadron display together that I can't get them all in the same shade of "white"? I believe my two choices are:

VF-1S Strike Focker - HMR gray/white

VF-1A Super Hikaru - HMR gray/white

VF-1S Strike Focker - HM white

VF-1A Super Hikaru - HM white

If the above is the case that's a bit of a OCD bummer. Thanks

The VF-1S Max was left out.  The HM or HMR route would both need customizing but for some the HM route might be easier in terms of just swapping parts from a HM VF-1S Roy and HM VF-1A Hikaru to make a HM VF-1S Hikaru and a HM VF-1S Roy and HM VF-1A Max to make a HM VF-1S Max.

I went with HMR and swapped and painted parts.

C336CC76-3DEB-46AD-BEE9-BA02666C6220.jpeg.701bc1be3a02245b68bf40175c1d3d56.jpeg

25 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I think I have asked this before.....but I can't remember the answer. Are the SSP's swappable between the HM and HMR's? Can I put HM SSP's on a HMR and vice versa?

Thanks!

Yes.  The only difference between them are the color but all Super/Strike parts work on HM and HMR.

Edited by sh9000

4 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The VF-1S Max was left out.  The HM or HMR route would both need customizing but for some the HM route might be easier in terms of just swapping parts from a HM VF-1S Roy and HM VF-1A Hikaru to make a HM VF-1S Hikaru and a HM VF-1S Roy and HM VF-1A Max to make a HM VF-1S Max.

I went with HMR.

C336CC76-3DEB-46AD-BEE9-BA02666C6220.jpeg.701bc1be3a02245b68bf40175c1d3d56.jpeg

Yes.  The only difference between them are the color of the parts but all parts work on HM and HMR.

Nice setup as always. We all bow to the HMR master!:hail:

I left the VF-1S Max out for a couple reasons. As far as I know it was never cannon with the SDF-1 in space? I'm displaying it with a SDF-1 which is presumably in space because all of the other valks in the display have SSP's. And it's sitting on a black shelf? So "space"?:p And also, I am alreday jammin stuff in there, I certainly don't need a non cannon Valk in the bunch.;)

I decided to go the HM route because I can parts swap my way to success. Painting is not in the cards for me any time soon. Now all I need is one more HM VF-1S Focker for the DYRL display to work. And two more to make the SDFM display work. And tey're not easy to find!

On the upside I'll have three HMR's to sell which will help offset costs.

21 minutes ago, Mirage Knight said:

Just to know, there is any chance of Bandai reissuing anything in the HMR line?

Regult pods in particular got nearly impossible to find anymore, didn't ever think they would get this popular... or that someone would armibuild the VF-As to certaint extents O_O

Odds are very low. To my knowledge, they haven't reissued anything so far and whether or not the line will continue is an open question. They have done non-canon variants of previous releases, like the Roy VF-4 and the Messer VF-1S, so maybe they'd go back and reissue some stuff because they already have the molds, but I'm not holding my breath. We're all waiting to see what, if anything, Bandai displays at their annual fall Tamashii Nations event in early November. The last HMRs displayed at a Tamashii event were a Regult Scout paired with a Roy 1S. No release date was mentioned. Prior to that, we saw the standard VF-4 (Hikaru) and blue/red Max/Milia variants displayed. Hikaru was released, Max and Milia were not (so far). I'm pretty sure that the VF-1D release came out of nowhere.

Edited by Anasazi37