Hi-Metal R

joppewo

8 hours ago, borgified said:

We all have to wait till October as there is another possible pre-order block open. Who knows what Bandai has planned to exhibit for the upcoming Tamashii Nations show, it's all speculation for now on what will be displayed.   

When is the Tamashi Nations show?

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.20200106_153153.jpg.f92f8488bf0cbf

Nice broski pic.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

IMG_20200218_230223_668.thumb.jpg.9d387f84f391845fb3f6818f6e9b34f0.jpg

That Breetai figure is nice

Cool.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, I have the Breetai figure too but I guess I’m the only one who can’t wait for SHF to release theirs or KC to do it. 

Yeah I wouldn’t mind adding one from another company that gives a little bit more articulation and some alternate heads.

I don’t think HMR is “dead”, but they’re doing figures from other shows now, so Macross is just part of a broader toyline. Now any potential releases are also up against Xabungle, Dougram, L-Gaim and who knows whatever else.

i don’t know if Bandai will ever release every prototype they’ve shown but I’m sure HMR will continue on.

(personally I’d love to see more mecha that happened to be used in early/mid 90s Battletech).

Edited by jeniusornome

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 6:31 PM, derex3592 said:

You should get a Breetai figure!  He's pretty cool. I wanted to support the guy so he'll make other figs!

I wonder which Zentraedi figure should be next on the list.

My brain says Exedore but my heart says Azonia.

Edited by Podtastic

On 8/15/2020 at 6:10 PM, Slave IV said:

Haha, I have the Breetai figure too but I guess I’m the only one who can’t wait for SHF to release theirs or KC to do it. 

Wait, you're saying that Bandai is planning to release a SHF Breetai or that you hope they will?

^^Even after all this time, a set with Breetai and Kaki would be a day-one purchase.

I guess I still see Macross as the heart of the Hi-Metal R line. The other properties have been fun, but only a few of them have been as engaging. I'm holding onto the hope that Bandai will circle back round again.

Edited by technoblue

Damn, Grabbed three new HMRs (armored VF-1J and 2 CF 1As. I had two leftover Stage Act 5 stands, minus the connecting boom (I have two previous CF 1As on the same stand together using two booms). I got my original stands for under $10 a 2/pack last year, so I went to get more and am not seeing anything less that $23 now- which is more frustrating because I just need one boom that connects to the base itself.

So now I'm tempted to just get a FextHobby one for $6.99 instead, but then I'd end up having to buy something else to make the shipping worth it, like another SciFi 2. Until I decide, I have one CF in fighter mode not able to get displayed the way I want with the rest. Either that or I have to change one of them currently on a stand.

So I decided to readjust things by doing the following:

- Move the HMR Roy who was in battroid mode to just standing instead of being on his custom stand. Used custom stand for HM Roy in the back.
- Take the stand that HM Roy was on and use for the last CF 1A.

Quick shot of all the valks on one shelf (I had to take it low because I was bumping into the fan/lamp in there). Also the glare through the blockout shade looks more intense than the light actually is):

118356465_10217873177086091_9167732499031427582_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=tkYiGhCPzh0AX-ypE8G&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=87746038ef7471e31604a3614bd6a185&oe=5F66DECA

Edited by vladykins

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 5:55 PM, jvmacross said:

If they want to sell multiples of each, they should consider a Zentran and Meltran soldier...and also upgrade to more articulation

If its the SDF version definitely.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 7:51 PM, derex3592 said:

Kamjin/Khyron or Boldozza/Dolza will be next I'd wager. 

I Just hope they lose the belt on Bodolza/Dolza, because that only exists on the matchbox toy AFAIK.

On 8/15/2020 at 10:29 AM, borgified said:

We all have to wait till October as there is another possible pre-order block open. Who knows what Bandai has planned to exhibit for the upcoming Tamashii Nations show, it's all speculation for now on what will be displayed.   

Fingers crossed for the Regult Scout.