Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Got my first Hi-Metal R units in - the Regault and Glaug. Great little pieces - heavier than I thought they'd be, which is nice. Seem really sturdy and nicely built. Looking forward to getting my Monster in and then getting some VF's in.

I'm *super tempted" by the Kidzconcept 1/72 VFs, but I think I have enough shelving for 1 line of Macross toys, and I think 1/100 is gonna' have to be it with Hi-Metal's amazing diversity. 

hey Squidd,

You should look into making a customs of these various items that can be or are available as Roy.

You’re also musing the:

1. Reds 1/24

2. SD Strike Bandai Kit

3. SD Strike Bandai Kit with pull back friction action

4. Keshi gumi SD VF-1S Strike

5. Orange Collection 1/72 VF-1S Roy

6. Tanmen (UNMC) 1/72 VF-1S 

7. Club M Ultimate Detail VF-1S Strike

8. Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S

9. Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1S

10.  Metal Boy (MetalBox) SD VF-1S

11. Experten 1/100 VF-1S

12. HCM 1/72 VF-1S

13. Max Factory 1/20 VF-1S

Let me know if you need more to add to your list.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

13. Max Factory 1/20 VF-1S

If he starts down the Max Factory path, he'll need the Strike Gerwalk, the Strike Fighter, and (fingers crossed Max will release it) the Strike Battroid since I know that he's fond of display all three modes. With each one clocking in around $300 plus $150-300 shipping, that's going to hurt.

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

If he starts down the Max Factory path, he'll need the Strike Gerwalk, the Strike Fighter, and (fingers crossed Max will release it) the Strike Battroid since I know that he's fond of display all three modes. With each one clocking in around $300 plus $150-300 shipping, that's going to hurt.

It's much worse than that, since he'd have to commission somebody to build them; he has neither the time nor the skill to paint and assemble one (much less three!) himself.

Mind you, it appears the "Fokker Army" display is battroid-only, which is imminently practical.  ^_^

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Well, I see no mention of the tiny 1:144 Tomytec Macross Modelers version:

TOMYTEC.jpg.75e885d60c3073831596206b8511cbfe.jpg

It comes with parts for all three modes, and it's completely pre-painted.  :good:

pre-painted.jpg.ce1878f491c803dd00651e1cf73c6fab.jpg

5 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

You're missing Bandai's Super VF-1S Joke Machine. Don't sleep on it just because it's super-deformed; it's got solid engineering and it's perfect transformation. But that's probably because it was designed by Kawamori himself. ;)

I'm not a JM kinda guy. They do nothing for me:unknw:

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The Banpresto VF-1S is missing as well.

I realized after I posted that I had forgotten about it. I had to do a repair on it right out of the box. It will go in to the cab in the morning. Thanks for the heads up though. I don't want to miss anything. This shelf is nice because it gets the little bit of completest I have in me satisfied.

4 hours ago, Stranger said:

Got my first Hi-Metal R units in - the Regault and Glaug. Great little pieces - heavier than I thought they'd be, which is nice. Seem really sturdy and nicely built. Looking forward to getting my Monster in and then getting some VF's in.
tory
I'm *super tempted" by the Kidzconcept 1/72 VFs, but I think I have enough shelving for 1 line of Macross toys, and I think 1/100 is gonna' have to be it with Hi-Metal's amazing diversity. 

The KC is not bad. But I did unbox a Focker KO from Valkyrie Factory yesterday. First thing I thought was that I would much rather have the KO than the Kitz Concepts.

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

hey Squidd,

You should look into making a customs of these various items that can be or are available as Roy.

You’re also musing the:

1. Reds 1/24

2. SD Strike Bandai Kit

3. SD Strike Bandai Kit with pull back friction action

4. Keshi gumi SD VF-1S Strike

5. Orange Collection 1/72 VF-1S Roy

6. Tanmen (UNMC) 1/72 VF-1S 

7. Club M Ultimate Detail VF-1S Strike

8. Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S

9. Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1S

10.  Metal Boy (MetalBox) SD VF-1S

11. Experten 1/100 VF-1S

12. HCM 1/72 VF-1S

13. Max Factory 1/20 VF-1St need assembly and/or panting.

i

I have two criteria for that shelf:

- No SD's. They don't do a thing for me.

- No models that need assembly/painting. I don't have the time/skill/desire.

If you have time I would appreciate a "gotta have list". I'm going completest with these. Thanks!:hail:

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, tekering said:

It's much worse than that, since he'd have to commission somebody to build them; he has neither the time nor the skill to paint and assemble one (much less three!) himself.

Mind you, it appears the "Fokker Army" display is battroid-only, which is imminently practical.  ^_^

It comes with parts for all three modes, and it's completely pre-painted.  :good:

pre-painted.jpg.ce1878f491c803dd00651e1cf73c6fab.jpg

Being pre painted this could be an option. Does it snap together or is glue in play?

2zfikc.jpg.1d964089cc8039f1938cbab7cf3d02f6.jpg

Just now, Slave IV said:

Is your KC the updated one with improvements?

Negative. IMO the KO knock off has better aesthetics though. Even if I had a KC Gen2 I would still like the KO better I think.

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Being pre painted this could be an option. Does it snap together or is glue in play?

2zfikc.jpg.1d964089cc8039f1938cbab7cf3d02f6.jpg

I have their SV-262 and VF-31S offerings.

They require glue in a few places. Most is just snap or peg together.

It's pretty easy to assemble, the only hard part is removing the parts from the sprue and trimming the gate marks.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have their SV-262 and VF-31S offerings.

They require glue in a few places. Most is just snap or peg together.

It's pretty easy to assemble, the only hard part is removing the parts from the sprue and trimming the gate marks.

That's doable.:good:

1 hour ago, tekering said:

The Current Want List. If you guys see gaps that aren't SD's or models plese let me how what I'm missing. Thanks!

-DX 1/48 (waiting on the release)

-Wave 1/100 (inbound)

-Bandai Mission Gashapons (inbound)

-Takatoku 1/100 "Mini Chunky" (can't find one at any price)

-Takatoku 1/144 Henkei (can't find one at any price)

-Yamato 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection (can't find one)

New additions:

-1:144 Tomytec Macross Modelers version:

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Negative. IMO the KO knock off has better aesthetics though. Even if I had a KC Gen2 I would still like the KO better I think.

No doubt since the KO is basically an Arcadia with some slight differences and quality. Can’t expect KC to compare with that but I was just curious if you had the updated one and if so, what you thought of it. 

2 minutes ago, vladykins said:

That shelf looks fantastic, @sqidd

I assume you don't want to include a Yamato low-vis Fokker since the gray won't match everyone else?

It's about having one example of every Focker "model" released. 1/48 Yammie, 1/48 DX, 1/55 Chunky, 1/60 Yammie V1, 1/60 Yammie V2. etc, etc, etc. I don't need the high dollar versions of the "Models".:p

@sqidd - The TomyTec kits were amazing! I have all the fighter modes they ever made. VF-1's Vf-31's and SV-262. Crying shame they didn't continue the line and finish at least the Delta squadron.  They are incredibly well detailed and easy to assemble. They are TINY though. You'll need some magnifying glasses to do it if your eyes aren't perfect, a good pair of sharp nippers and that's about it.

2 minutes ago, vladykins said:

If you were closer I'd drop off my low vis just for the picture!

The 1/60? Oooooo, that one is sexy! I'm working on getting a DX done in those colors. Gotta get the blue/gray just right though.

20 hours ago, Stranger said:

But don't you runt he risk of making the plastic brittle with that much UV?

Not if you're careful. I put a figure out for two days and the difference was remarkable. 

I know most people think it's a joke, but it's really not. It's a better solution than a chemical bath.

20 minutes ago, Acteon said:

Not if you're careful. I put a figure out for two days and the difference was remarkable. 

I know most people think it's a joke, but it's really not. It's a better solution than a chemical bath.

Transformers are not Macross

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

The Current Want List. If you guys see gaps that aren't SD's or models plese let me how what I'm missing. Thanks!

-DX 1/48 (waiting on the release)

-Wave 1/100 (inbound)

-Bandai Mission Gashapons (inbound)

-Takatoku 1/100 "Mini Chunky" (can't find one at any price)

-Takatoku 1/144 Henkei (can't find one at any price)

-Yamato 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection (can't find one)

New additions:

-1:144 Tomytec Macross Modelers version:

For the Yamato  1/200 VFC, you are probably better off buying the whole set. They sold so poorly that people are still liquidating entire sets pretty cheap. 

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

For the Yamato  1/200 VFC, you are probably better off buying the whole set. They sold so poorly that people are still liquidating entire sets pretty cheap. 

I've been waiting for the right set to become available. You're correct, they get dumped cheap. I just haven't found the one with the Focker.:(

That 1/100 Mini Chunky is driving me crazy!!!!! Right now I'm obsessed with finding one!:unknw: By any chance have an extra?:wub: Or if you run across one can you ping me? Thanks!!!

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I've been waiting for the right set to become available. You're correct, they get dumped cheap. I just haven't found the one with the Focker.:(

That 1/100 Mini Chunky is driving me crazy!!!!! Right now I'm obsessed with finding one!:unknw: By any chance have an extra?:wub: Or if you run across one can you ping me? Thanks!!!

I think I actually may have a spare 1/200 VFC Roy.

I ended up with 2 full sets, and am parting one of them out.

I ended up picking up a lot of Gachapon type stuff from Mandarake and YJA a while ago. And I do mean a lot, I have like 7 sealed boxes of Bandai fighter blind-boxes.

[edit] Checked, and I was thinking of the Movic/Kaiyodo gacha figures. Which I absolutely do have spares of. Unfortunately for VFC I only have Set 1, not set 2.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I think I actually may have a spare 1/200 VFC Roy.

I ended up with 2 full sets, and am parting one of them out.

I ended up picking up a lot of Gachapon type stuff from Mandarake and YJA a while ago. And I do mean a lot, I have like 7 sealed boxes of Bandai fighter blind-boxes.

[edit] Checked, and I was thinking of the Movic/Kaiyodo gacha figures. Which I absolutely do have spares of. Unfortunately for VFC I only have Set 1, not set 2.

Thanks for checking.:good:

10 hours ago, Acteon said:

I have tried this for myself, and the results are good, and it is probably less damaging than perioxide if exposure isn't long term (like weeks or months). However, for some of the more serious yellowing, it cannot be completely reversed, and can only achieve about 70-80% results.

20 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'm not a JM kinda guy. They do nothing for me:unknw:

They are no "joke" they are Hi-Compact Models.....seriously...do not get even one of them in your hands unless you want to realize the rabbit hole goes down further than you thought....much, much further....

1*n7MKdcIELshkvW-FLl7nkQ.jpeg

Edited by jvmacross

22 hours ago, tekering said:

Yeah...I regularly stare at the three 1/20 kits I have and think to myself, "when am I going to have the patience and the huevos to build these?" Probably next year.