Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 6/18/2020 at 2:06 PM, sh9000 said:

I might have various spare VF-1 wings.

I can see the smaller Battroid wings, which I’ve never used, being good for poses but I’ve been able to do every pose I needed to with the standard Battroid wings.  

The standard wing size just immerses me in the "realism" of the Valkyrie. I have tried using the mini wing, but It didn't work for me. All in all, it is one more option, and that's good by me.

On 6/17/2020 at 11:15 PM, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, there it looks like they painted the wrong side of the wing.  Or more specifically, put "top right" markings on the bottom side of a left wing (and put "bottom right" paint on the top).

I just ended up with an extra non-hardpoint right wing, and no hardpoint left wing.

I guess it is just Bandai messing up.  I really wish they never even bothered with these non-hardpoint wings, since it just makes errors more likely.  And then there are the releases that don't have hardpoint wings at all, since they never had missiles in the animation.  But what if you just want to have missiles on there?

Seems like such an unnecessary and almost spiteful way to go about it.

Yeah. They painted the wrong side on my toy.  Yours got exchanged. In other words, we were Bandai’d.

39 minutes ago, ychanus said:

Anyone have idea how to fix Hi Metal R VF-1 hip joint? I have the Messer VF-1S and it has a very loose hip.  It is especially after I put on the Fext armor parts, its body just keep tipping forward.  

You could remove the legs at the round joint, coat the round joint, and then put the legs back on.

On 6/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

Apparently there seems to be an issue with Bandai QA scattered through out the VF productions.

When I purchased my first VF-1D is was missing the large wing with the Macross Kite. After many attempts to get the missing wing the retailer just refunded my money as said for me to keep the toy. It sill bugs me that I don’t have the missing wing. If anyone out there has one to sell it I would greatly appreciate it.

I got a DX 1J that was missing an articulated hand, and when I inquired through HLJ about just getting a replacement hand, they said Bandai doesn't provide any replacement parts.

That's Bandai for you. They'll screw up the QC and then refuse to provide any customer support for their screw-ups.

2 hours ago, ychanus said:

Ah, so its a ball joint that I can just pull it out from the hip socket right? Thanks!

Yes.  Just be careful when taking things apart.

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

How long would this fix last typically?

It should last for a while.  I put nail polish on the ball joint of the foot of my HM VF-1S and it still is fine.

16 hours ago, Bub said:

Yeah. They painted the wrong side on my toy.  Yours got exchanged. In other words, we were Bandai’d.

We've all been Bandai'd at some point. 

I can't imagine this level of carelessness directed towards Gundam fans. 

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I got a DX 1J that was missing an articulated hand, and when I inquired through HLJ about just getting a replacement hand, they said Bandai doesn't provide any replacement parts.

That's Bandai for you. They'll screw up the QC and then refuse to provide any customer support for their screw-ups.

Waaaaaaait! I got Hobbysearch to replace my Gridman Actibuilder set's missing helmet. Actibuilder is another branch of Bandai through Megahouse. Also got amiami to replace a chipped lip alternate face of my Takara MP BeastConvoy. HLJ was just lazy for all you know.

On 6/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, ychanus said:

Anyone have idea how to fix Hi Metal R VF-1 hip joint? I have the Messer VF-1S and it has a very loose hip.  It is especially after I put on the Fext armor parts, its body just keep tipping forward.  

On 6/22/2020 at 2:43 AM, sh9000 said:

Yes.  Just be careful when taking things apart.

It should last for a while.  I put nail polish on the ball joint of the foot of my HM VF-1S and it still is fine.

Interesting... I've definitely seen loose hip joints on the original Hi Metal line, but none of my HMR VF-1 examples have the problem. I had thought it was something Bandai had fixed with the HMR update.

On 6/22/2020 at 5:11 AM, fenrir72 said:

Waaaaaaait! I got Hobbysearch to replace my Gridman Actibuilder set's missing helmet. Actibuilder is another branch of Bandai through Megahouse. Also got amiami to replace a chipped lip alternate face of my Takara MP BeastConvoy. HLJ was just lazy for all you know.

No, that's par for the course for Bandai.

The actions of other companies and subsidiaries is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

HaHa! *sigh* HMR: The return to Macross. It's sad that this is an actual thing, although I didn't mind the Dougram tangent.

If only Bandai could focus and release what they originally teased.

I have been thinking of grabbing the Dougrams- are they same height as the destroid releases?

5 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The problem is not the original tease...they delivered!  It's the handful, but important teases that came after.....:(

JOpaUaW.jpg

ooo I want the flight-deck play-set and space battle background :)

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Close but slightly taller. They are fantastic! Better than the Destroids IMO and the Destroids are great!

The Battletech fan in me has been itching to grab them , especially since Mandarake has then up for about $150 shipped currently.

25 minutes ago, vladykins said:

I have been thinking of grabbing the Dougrams- are they same height as the destroid releases?

We have a separate thread for HM-R Dougram, but hasn't had any updates since last year as Bandai seemed to have abandoned the Dougram-line:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44158-bandai-hi-metal-r-dougram-series/

here's an old pic from the hacchaka-blog about the relative sizing against the VF-1:

8524ee24-s.jpg.40ed4e5451c8bd70331dd0b0f1ad0c72.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51998733.html

Edited by treatment

6 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Interesting... I've definitely seen loose hip joints on the original Hi Metal line, but none of my HMR VF-1 examples have the problem. I had thought it was something Bandai had fixed with the HMR update.

Yeah it might be a single issue.  Nobe of mine have loose hip joints.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Based on recent DX Macross release news...Is there any hope for a Macross HMR release by end of year?

They should announce the Regult Scout and DYRL VF-1S Roy as a TWE with a release date.  DX gets the TV version, HMR gets another go at the DYRL version with a new Regult.

21 minutes ago, vladykins said:

The Battletech fan in me has been itching to grab them , especially since Mandarake has then up for about $150 shipped currently.

I picked up the blue Soltic H8 Roundfacer purely for the Battletech/Mechwarrior aspect.

It's great, good articulation, solid, nice paint and detail.

This thread moved fast since I posted earlier. Sorry, @vladykins , work had me sidelined for a bit.

As everyone else noted earlier, the Dougram is fantastic. You should be pleased when it arrives. I've been happy with mine, and I completed the small collection with both the H8 and H8RF Roundfacers. As with Macross HMRs, though, I wish Bandai had given us a few more mecha from the series. I guess beggars can't be choosers. ;)

Still, it would have been cool to see an AG-9 Cabarov, a T-10B Blockhead, or even the Soltic H-102 Bushman,

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The problem is not the original tease...they delivered!  It's the handful, but important teases that came after.....:(

So they did. I just don't want to let Bandai off the hook with what was released to complete that diorama. If there are more Destroids, enemy mecha, or even a complete TV/DRYL squad of Valkyries in the pipeline, then I would be ecstatic to see signs of life for this line again.

Edited by technoblue

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

8892429C-A042-41A2-8498-A0F8E51E8303.jpeg.09c470b50c2d54f34757a36f6cbaa641.jpeg

In from N-Y!!:rolleyes: 

Pleasant surprise as of last few days the tracking didn’t even show it as arrived at destination port...

In that case:

For @Lolicon and other members that ordered the HMR VF-4G Roy from NY, there's signs that it will arrive (although it's been over 4 months after release date).  

20 hours ago, seti88 said:

8892429C-A042-41A2-8498-A0F8E51E8303.jpeg.09c470b50c2d54f34757a36f6cbaa641.jpeg

In from N-Y!!:rolleyes: 

Pleasant surprise as of last few days the tracking didn’t even show it as arrived at destination port...

Congrats! Did you request to send it by sea?  If that’s the case, I think I might do the same just to get it over with. 

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Congrats! Did you request to send it by sea?  If that’s the case, I think I might do the same just to get it over with. 

Yes i chose the slowest ferry option as i don't mind waiting a bit longer for it for the savings.

Is it still available for you to change shipping options? I would have tot NY asked for payment already early in Feb.