Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Good to know. I probably should refresh myself on forum rules and policy again. It has been a while. To be honest, I really don't visit that section as I try to keep specific toy lines.  Though it would appear that a bunch of my bookmarks are the same as yours. Duplication indeed. 

On 5/15/2020 at 6:20 AM, fifbeat said:

How many of you guys have the whole HMR line (or at least "near") up to this point? 

(and if you're missing just a few, please 

I have all the Zentradi releases up to this point. Dont care to complete the Micronians.

#stopthevalkyriespam

#weneedmorezentradi

#musicidolsmustfall

12 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

I have all the Zentradi releases up to this point. Dont care to complete the Micronians.

#stopthevalkyriespam

#weneedmorezentradi

#musicidolsmustfall

#zentradilivesmatter

I have just realized that the vf-1j strike does not comes with a neck cavity filler. :( 

I have been spoiled with all my other hi-metal R vf-1. The big gap does look bad in comparison. I fish out my fext owl accessory box and uses that one. But it does not fill the gap near the chest.

@jenius I really like my VF-1A in battroid. So wasn't thinking of scarifying that. Now that you mention it, I do have a few other valk that is in permanent fighter mode. Most of them have the wrong color but I think the VE-1 color is close enough.

Thanks, will try it out.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I still think we'll get a 1A Max and Kakizaki in DYRL colors some day.... so when that happens you'll have more fillers to go around.

I hope so. I can't wait for some annoucement.

2 hours ago, vladykins said:

If Bandai releases the tomahawk, phalanx, and scout regult soon, I'll send @kkx some space fillers.

I will be super happy (not just for the space fillers, but also for the new releases).

Tomahawk is on my top to get list. I have the Yammy version but looking at how much nicer the defender is, I am drooling just thinking about it.

Since they share the lower half of the body, there should be half the effort. to get. it. out. 

I'm already toying with what it would take to model up and 3D print my own upper bodies to kitbash a Tomahawk and Phalanx from a pair of Defenders, if I have to. 

With COVID and the hit to discretionary spending for so many people, I worry that Bandai might just quietly end the line. Hope not. I'd rather get the real deal.

Those two destroids and the scout battlepod and my collection would be as complete as I'd ever hoped and I'd be a happy lifelong fan.

Edited by djdood

12 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Still love the Monster as much as day one when I got it!!!

IMG_4276.JPG

It’s a great figure. I still want to pickup a second copy at some point; dat shipping tho lol

Since I have a few things waiting at The Jungle for Japan Post to start shipping to the US again, I'm tempted to add the ¥ 22,000  Monster they have there, along with the ¥ 6,600 they have for the Defender and Spartan. I just haven't figured how what I'll say to the wife when the Monster shows up and I explain I *needed* the second one.

19 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Since I have a few things waiting at The Jungle for Japan Post to start shipping to the US again, I'm tempted to add the ¥ 22,000  Monster they have there, along with the ¥ 6,600 they have for the Defender and Spartan. I just haven't figured how what I'll say to the wife when the Monster shows up and I explain I *needed* the second one.

That's easy, just show her the review I did for the Monster... she'll totally get it after that.

No, wait, that's an awful idea.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

That's easy, just show her the review I did for the Monster... she'll totally get it after that.

:lol: Haha, you never know what his wife might be into.

The Monster is a fantastic toy! Ne explanation should be needed to justify buying more of them!:D

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

:ph34r: You are the winner! :lol:

Winner Winner! Chicken Dinner! 

Just get it @vladykins.

One less thing to worry about, unless you are strapped for cash. As popular as the Monster is, it actually shelf warmed after a couple of months as it was too heavy and people where debating it if they want to get it or not.

I can tell you one thing, it's good for scaring off squirrels if you have wooded area if you own a house. If a break in happens, then you can use it as a means of protection as the feet is quite heavy to use as a club (providing that you don't get arrested for having a concealed weapon when the police arrive, Just don't break the cannons in the process). ;)

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

Winner Winner! Chicken Dinner! 

Just get it @vladykins.

One less thing to worry about, unless you are strapped for cash. As popular as the Monster is, it actually shelf warmed after a couple of months as it was too heavy and people where debating it if they want to get it or not.

I can tell you one thing, it's good for scaring off squirrels if you have wooded area if you own a house. If a break in happens, then you can use it as a means of protection as the feet is quite heavy to use as a club (providing that you don't get arrested for having a concealed weapon when the police arrive, Just don't break the cannons in the process). ;)

Haha, it's definitely a substantial piece. Similar to the 1/55 Chunky Monkey in that it could be used as a bludgeoning weapon if needed :D.

But in this case, I don't think it's a matter of convincing that the Monster is worth getting... @vladykins seems to be implying he already has one and is considering a second! (read the last line of his post from about 4 hrs ago). I say, go for it!

I've got one already. I;m trying to convince myself to get another, you know, for setting up a Daedalus display for when the Tomahawk gets released. Which should be any day now, since it was shown, um.... <looks at calendar, starts sobbing>

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMO it might be one of the best Macross toys ever built, the thing is an absolute BEAST!! 

Absolutely!!!! The Destroids and enemy mecha from this line really shine. Great renditions of the mecha they represent, very well built. Sculpt and fit are top notch too!!!

7 hours ago, vladykins said:

It's also a bit big to try to sneak into the house without her noticing. Plus she'll probably say "Didn't you only have one of those?"

Large and/or heavy Macross boxes are hard to get past spouses. I tried that with the Plamax 1/20 Strike Fighter kit when I brought it home from the post office, saying it was the kit I already owned (Strike Gerwalk) and I was just moving the box from the garage into the house. She's picked up enough about Macross from being married to me for 14 years that she knows the difference between Fighter, Gerwalk, and Battroid and unfortunately for me the mode is clearly printed on the box. Took a while to dig myself out of that situation....

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I want that low viz 1S!!!

If I ever decide to part with it, I'll let you know. But I'm still trying to talk myself into ditching some of my v1 Yammies (and I keep talking myself out of it with stuff like "But it does have a lot of diecast!").

27 minutes ago, vladykins said:

If I ever decide to part with it, I'll let you know. But I'm still trying to talk myself into ditching some of my v1 Yammies (and I keep talking myself out of it with stuff like "But it does have a lot of diecast!").

I still have all of my v1 Yammies because I tell myself that they have a lot of diecast and look good in Fighter mode (they're all displayed that way). I also missed out on v2 and fixing that problem would be very expensive.

52 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I still have all of my v1 Yammies because I tell myself that they have a lot of diecast and look good in Fighter mode (they're all displayed that way). I also missed out on v2 and fixing that problem would be very expensive.

I have both the v1 and v2 VF-1D and I keep telling myself to sell the v1 one, but talk myself out of it. I also have the v1 Hikaru that I'd display in fighter mode but I grabbed GBP for it and so I'd have to take that off or put it on the 1D instead.

23 hours ago, jenius said:

Fantastic video btw, lol. I did watch it several times as i was salivating for that set of guns! YES, the Monster's guns!

23 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

It’s a great figure. I still want to pickup a second copy at some point; dat shipping tho lol

If i could, i'd get another copy as well. Totally worth it!

On 6/1/2020 at 9:38 AM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Still love the Monster as much as day one when I got it!!!

IMG_4276.JPG

Yup, it took me a long time to get one, and thanks to @sh9000 I did!!! It is now the corner stone of my collection. 

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Do Hi Metal Super Parts fit on a Hi Metal R?

Thanks!

I was able to get the parts from my Hi Metal Fokker 1S to go on the Mesmer Hi Metal R, so I didn't see any issue. I don't remember if I used the Fokker fighter mode connector for the stand or not.