Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I bought 2 VF-1As from the original HM line (Max and Kakizaki) to customize them as their TV counterparts.

Cool.  I used the VF-1J Hikaru bodies and TV VF-1A CF heads.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Slacker!:p

:lol:

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

When the tomahawks come out (and I'm still thinking "when" rather than being pessimistic about them never coming out), I might grab a second monster just to set up a Daedalus diorama. Might be too tempting not to.

Same.  My custom HMR projects have temporarily stopped but when the Tomahawks come out I will definitely make time to set up a Daedalus diorama.

Edited by sh9000

I didn't even realize there was a Regult two-pack. What was the price difference between the two-pack and a pair of individuals?

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

The only HM-R's I'm missing is the 1st Roy, GBP and Max/Millia.   As others have stated, my reasoning was sound when the line started.   "I'm NOT getting into another Valk scale line at this point, and besides, they aren't big enough to be cool!" -- The problem was then you saw the Monster and the Glaug and  you were like "INSTA-BUY!" ... it was allllll downhill from there!

The same thing happened to me. I resisted this line until the Monster was announced. Once I had him, he needed company, so I've now picked up everything except the Hikaru 1A (the 1S is nicer-looking), the Messer VF-1S (non-canon color scheme), the Roy VF-4G (non-canon color scheme), and the Nex VF-2SS (only difference from Silvie is the blue chest stripe).

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, color stripe, extra gun, and extra leg armor for holding said gun.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

And the completely wrong pilot.

Both good points. I forgot about those. Wasn't enough to get me to pull the trigger on the Nex.

18 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Regult x15

Regult Missile Type Set x5

Glaug x3

Monster x7

Spartan x11

Defender x10

VF-1S Roy (HM) x3

VF-1S Hikaru x3

VF-1S Roy x5

VF-1S Messer x2

VF-1J Armored Valkyrie x10

VF-1J Hikaru x7

VF-1J Max (HM) x3

VF-1J Max x6

VF-1J Milia x6

VF-1A CF x18

VF-1A Hikaru x2

VF-1D x5

VE-1 x5

VT-1 x4

VF-1 Super Parts (HM) x15

VF-19S Blazer (HM) x4

VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (HM) x3

VF-19 Fire Valkyrie Sound Booster (HM) x2

VF-19 Fire Valkyrie stand and option parts (HM) x2

VF-2SS Nexx x4

VF-2SS Silvie Gena x5

VF-4 x5

VF-4G x5

Wow, I knew you had a lot, but seeing that list really makes it clear that you are the King!

The only ones I don’t have are the Monster and Glaug (space reasons), the VF-2 (Macross II reasons) and the Messer 1S and Roy 4G (canon reasons). I am have the original Focker 1S and Hikaru 1A instead of the HMR versions since I think the color looks much better.

10 hours ago, Bolt said:

That armor looks really good. A022F9A9-88C8-46CF-8248-C1D8EB10C8A9.png.7715eb09e4d1ff0bb2b0f0cc7c4960ae.png

Yeah, I got sick of looking for GBP that was affordable and pulled the trigger based on reviews and what I saw in the Fext Hobby thread. I'm pretty happy with the purchase (around $70 shipping inclusive).

I still need to play with my Sci Fi 03 set up, but haven't had time yet.

9 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Wow, I knew you had a lot, but seeing that list really makes it clear that you are the King!

The only ones I don’t have are the Monster and Glaug (space reasons), the VF-2 (Macross II reasons) and the Messer 1S and Roy 4G (canon reasons). I am have the original Focker 1S and Hikaru 1A instead of the HMR versions since I think the color looks much better.

Thanks @ScrambledValkyrie.  I forgot to list that I have the three HM DYRL VF-1As and the HMR Missile Effects x4.  That route for the HM DYRL VF-1s is good since they’re all white.  I wish the HMR DYRL VF-1s were released in white instead of grey to begin with.  I do like the HMR S and A heads and change in parts more and I’ve already made a HMR DYRL VF-1S Max, VF-1A Hikaru (before the official was released), VF-1A Max, and VF-1A Kakizaki so I’ll still stick to my custom HMR versions.  Since the HM S head is different I’ll keep it as a TV Roy.

Speaking of customs, here is my list.

VF-1S DYRL Max

VF-1S Mariafokina Barnrose

VF-1S CF x2

VF-1A DYRL Hikaru (before the official was released)

VF-1A DYRL Max

VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki

VF-1A TV Max

VF-1A TV Kakizaki (50% done)

VF-1A Cavaliers (50% done)

VF-1J CF x2

VF-1J Milia Macross 7

VF-1J Target Battroid

VF-1D Virgin Road (70% done)

VF-1X Valkyrie Plus Aegis Focker

VF-19F (HM) x2 (10% done)

CF GBP Armor

Max GBP Armor

Gunpod Effects

Missile Effects for GBP Armor (70% done)

Edited by sh9000

Thanks.  I switched to TV hands and I need to fix some of the blue paint.

Saw this custom Fire Valkyrie on FB.  This Battroid mode would probably scale better than the HM Battroid with HMR.

58856D5A-C83D-45FE-83A5-1033271DB031.jpeg.a01ae863c457ce313281263214ab1f46.jpeg

I bought a couple of HMR CFs used.  One is fine, but one of them had been opened, and I got two non-hardpoint right wings, and no left wing with hard points.  Is it possible this is a Bandai error (has this happened to anyone else), or is this on the seller?  I know Bandai messed up with the DYRL Hikaru 1A leg armors, but I don't recall there being an issue with the CF release.

kSCk2Sf.jpg

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I bought a couple of HMR CFs used.  One is fine, but one of them had been opened, and I got two non-hardpoint right wings, and no left wing with hard points.  Is it possible this is a Bandai error (has this happened to anyone else), or is this on the seller?  I know Bandai messed up with the DYRL Hikaru 1A leg armors, but I don't recall there being an issue with the CF release.

kSCk2Sf.jpg

It's possible. They also might have accidentally put the wrong wing in if they had multiple opened ones. It's worth contacting them to see if that's the case. Seems like an easy problem to fix if that's the case.

29 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Don't recall seeing these...can you repost the old pics?

Looks my list of 1/48 customs.

VF-1S Mariafokina Barnrose

VF-1J Milia Macross 7

VF-1J Target Battroid

Mini-me.

Pics would be nice to see.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Looks my list of 1/48 customs.

VF-1S Mariafokina Barnrose

VF-1J Milia Macross 7

VF-1J Target Battroid

Mini-me.

Pics would be nice to see.

Yep, I just don't recall them at HMR scale....actually, I don't recall your 1/48 Milia-1J M7...have a link or pic?

Just grabbed two CFs from The Jungle for ¥ 7,700 each. Now it can sit with my Bandai reissue 1/55 vf-1s super skull leader I picked up from them but they can't send yet until Japan Post opens up for us again. I'm not in a rush to get them and I couldn't pass up the price.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:15 PM, Atheonyirh said:

It's possible. They also might have accidentally put the wrong wing in if they had multiple opened ones. It's worth contacting them to see if that's the case. Seems like an easy problem to fix if that's the case.

Yeah, I contacted the seller.  He was responsive before, but hasn't said anything now. 

I don't really want to put him on blast in this thread yet.  Looks like he sold several of these recently, so if you recently bought an HMR CF from a member here, and have an extra hard point wing(and are missing a non-hardpoint wing), hit me up I guess.

AmiAmi sale! HI-METAL R VF-4G Lightning III "The Super Dimension Fortress Macross Flash Back 2012"(Released) 9,480 Yen!

Mandarake: Bandai Hi-Metal R VF-1S Strike Valkyrie ( Ichijo Hikaru's Machine) Opened, used, package damaged. 13,000 Yen!

I'm skipping on the VF-1S as they are only shipping to my country DHL.  DHL has not been good to me in the past.  My boxes always get crushed so far.  I'll wait for SAL should it ever be available for that price again later.

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Put these finds in the correct sales thread next time you find them please (even Ebay ones)!!

I got booked too many times due for spamming the threads, both @jvmacross and @jenius has cleared things up. Occasional posts allowed, please follow the rules (I'm not making this up)!!

Proof: On the DX VF-1 thread: Pages 439 and 440

jvmacross: There is an existing thread to post "items of interest".....you are aware of them.  In fact, you most often than not, also double-post the same listing in the various "item of interest" threads.  It defeats the purpose of those threads to have you constantly posting listings on threads that should be focusing on the toys themselves.  People follow this thread, and others, and each time you post a listing, folks get alerted and instead of finding out something new, like a release anouncement, PO date or newly discovered issue, they get yet another post about a link to a listing....

If people want to find out about a new listing, they can choose to follow the appropriate threads.  You should allow folks to use the available tools on this website, especially newer members that may not be aware of the available threads that exist to help them find items.  It has worked out fine this way for at least 6 years. 

An occasional listing from time to time, for example after the mad rush for a PO that has recently closed, is perfectly understandable, but what you are doing is disruptive and quite frankly a form of spamming.  Maybe figure out some other constructive way to increase your post count?

jenuis: It's just an organization thing. I think the posts related to stores are better elsewhere as they make it easier when you're looking for a post about a toy to find that post with less spam (and easier to find places to buy something in another thread with less chatter about the toy).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That saying, here's the correct place: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

Manda, Amiami. Jungle, Ebay, Yahoo Japan, etc.. are there 

If anyone finds deals, please post it there as I can't be the only person that does everything. I going to cut back posting on deals, just to give every one else a fair chance in posting. 

Edited by borgified