Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 minutes ago, Bing0 said:

It’s the hi metal r VF-A1, I’d be interested if your is the same one

If you do buy this and swap out the wrong leg armor, I would be interested to buy the broken back pack + wrong armor unit from you if the price is ok. I have some batter damaged customization project in mind.

23 minutes ago, kkx said:

If you do buy this and swap out the wrong leg armor, I would be interested to buy the broken back pack + wrong armor unit from you if the price is ok. I have some batter damaged customization project in mind.

:good:

I'm actually looking for a landing gear cover plate (blue one).  If anyone has one that they are parting out.  Mine dropped onto the floor and disappeared into the void at work.  I moved all the furniture and it was nowhere to be found.  There was someone selling a broken one a while back, but I can no longer find the thread/topic.  It was part of a group of parts left over from various custom projects they worked on.

13 hours ago, Bing0 said:

I doubt I can repair it, anyone have one for sale?

0AE859B6-DC1F-4C79-BF42-4EF8B62E7AAD.jpeg

Couldn't you use model glue to rejoin it? If it works for models, I don't see why it wouldn't work for this plastic by fusing the two parts.

Just now, fifbeat said:

How many HMR collectors here have the whole line (or at least "near") up to this point? 

(and if you're missing just a few, please state why)

I have them all including the non-Macross except the first release, which is the 1S Hikaru. Missed it because when the line first came out, I did not think there was any reason why I would want to pay so much for Valks that are not as good as my 1/60, 1/48 or even my original 1/55 Valks in many ways. It wasn’t until the Regult came out and I realized how good that was and how great it would be to have a collection that included enemy and supporting Mecha in one scale that I broke down and started buying them. I immediately ordered Roy’s 1S and then tried to get the GBP, which I was able to find at a decent price (I think with the help of @sh9000). Then it was over and all in for me. It would be nice to get the Hikaru 1S to complete my collection but I never really cared about that version enough to pay the asking prices for it by the time I was in. If I can get one for retail price through a reissue, it will be bought!

53 minutes ago, fifbeat said:

How many of you guys have the whole HMR line (or at least "near") up to this point? 

I'm no where near having them all but like slave I was attracted to them as they represented a broad spectrum of the verse sort to speak. In addition I wanted these for display at my office so the size was another factor. I currently have the following -

VF-1S Strike Valkyrie
VT-1 Superostrich
VF-1D Valkyrie
VF-1A Super Valkyrie 
VE-1 Elintseeker
VF-1A Valkyrie (CF)

And hope to get the following (Listed in priority)

VF-4 Lighting III
Glaug
Regult
Defender
Spartan
VF-1J
Monster

So i'd say I'm almost 1/2 way through my want list.

Edited by Vertex

I'm just missing one from Macross, the Hikaru VF-1S.

Got all the rest, plus a few doubles.

Mainly I just bought everything else as it came out starting with Max+Milia, and only bought things before that I really wanted (Monster, Glaug, Regult, Armored 1J, and Fokker 1S) plus a Hikaru 1J and CF 1A for putting Fext armor on.

Ended up that the 1S was the only one I didn't get at release which I don't want enough to pay the aftermarket prices.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 hours ago, fifbeat said:

How many of you guys have the whole HMR line (or at least "near") up to this point? 

VF-1S Focker Strike x 1

VF-1J Hikaru x 1

VF-1J Max x 1

VF-1J Millia x 1

VF-1J GBP x 1

VF-1A CF x 2

VF-1D x 1

Glaug x 1

Regult x 2

VF-2SS SAP Gena x 1

VF-2SS SAP Nexx x 1

Waiting for:

VF-1S Focker TV x 1

VF-1A Max TV x 1

VF-1A Kakizaki TV x 1

Destroid Tomahawk x 2

Queadluun Rau TV (hopefully) x 1

Zentran/Meltran soldiers (please, please) x ???

Anything not listed is not wanted.

Edited by Drad

I don't have a single 1S in my entire HMR collection. Also, I wish i had one of those Roy VF-4 and the blue VF-2SS.

It is what it is, i missed on No3l's HM 1S he was selling, but maybe ill get lucky in the future. 

Edited by vlenhoff
edit in: I got pretty much everything else on HMR, IIRC.

I have the following:

VF-1J Hikaru (Original Hi-Metal)

Super VF-1S Focker (Original Hi-Metal)

Armored VF-1J

Super VF-1J Max

Super VF-1J Miria

VF-1A Standard

VF-1D

Regult

Glaug

VF-2SS Silvie

VF-2SS Nexx

I decided to skip the destroids and anything DYRL related. I just regret not getting the Regult double pack

On 5/13/2020 at 9:35 AM, Bing0 said:

I doubt I can repair it, anyone have one for sale?

0AE859B6-DC1F-4C79-BF42-4EF8B62E7AAD.jpeg

Devcon Plastic Welder should be able to take care of that. Just remove the pin, clean the parts with alcohol and apply. Let cure 24 hours, make sure none of the mix gets in the hole, lightly sand and buff the extra material that squezzed out, and reassemble.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:54 PM, LRS said:

Couldn't you use model glue to rejoin it? If it works for models, I don't see why it wouldn't work for this plastic by fusing the two parts.

Model cement won't work on this: while it can fuse polystyrene and ABS together, I have tried it on ABS to ABS and it doesn't work very well.

Edited by pengbuzz

I kept trying to ignore these because I didn't want to get another scale, let alone a smaller one. But between the pictures here and @jenius's reviews, I ultimately convinced myself to try out the Monster because it looked awesome, and a Defender and Spartan because I didn't want the Monster to get lonely. But I wasn't planning on getting the valks. But I got a good price on a glaug and one Regult and said I'd get maybe *one* valk just to have it in scale with the rest. I've also gotten decent pricing on another Regult and the missile Regult set.

At this point, I have only focused on SDFM schemes (except the Memorial Messer, since I like unusual schemes, especially darker unusual schemes). Having come to thing late, I haven't been able to convince myself to get the GBP for the $280+ people ask for it, but I'm keeping an eye out for when I can grab for a more reasonable price. I keep talking myself out of the vf-2s and vf-4s and I like to focus on the TV versions over the DYRL schemes. Doesn't mean I won't break down eventually just to be a completist if the price is too tempting.

The HMR line is one of the best examples of well engineered (imo) and fun Macross toys that also look really cool and quite accurate. I didn't think i was gonna like them. But i bought the Regult, Glaug and VF cannon fodder when they first released  anyways. I was so smitten by them, once they were in my sweaty hands, i had to buy more..

8 minutes ago, vladykins said:

I kept trying to ignore these because I didn't want to get another scale, let alone a smaller one. But between the pictures here and @jenius's reviews, I ultimately convinced myself to try out the Monster because it looked awesome, and a Defender and Spartan because I didn't want the Monster to get lonely. But I wasn't planning on getting the valks. But I got a good price on a glaug and one Regult and said I'd get maybe *one* valk just to have it in scale with the rest. I've also gotten decent pricing on another Regult and the missile Regult set.

At this point, I have only focused on SDFM schemes (except the Memorial Messer, since I like unusual schemes, especially darker unusual schemes). Having come to thing late, I haven't been able to convince myself to get the GBP for the $280+ people ask for it, but I'm keeping an eye out for when I can grab for a more reasonable price. I keep talking myself out of the vf-2s and vf-4s and I like to focus on the TV versions over the DYRL schemes. Doesn't mean I won't break down eventually just to be a completist if the price is too tempting.

Same here, i only wanted one valk for size reference with the rest of the unique enemy and friendly mecha...

Special thanks to all those who contributed to this collection. Through good times and bad times, it slowly grew with the help of the Macrossworld community. 

hikaru group.jpg

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Also, just bought Owl armor instead for one of my three CF 1As, since it is way more reasonably priced than the GBP units. It's crossing the ocean to me as we speak.

Correction, my OWL armor is here.

image.png.9fded799e0df1578b6bccadc8de05437.png

The only HM-R's I'm missing is the 1st Roy, GBP and Max/Millia.   As others have stated, my reasoning was sound when the line started.   "I'm NOT getting into another Valk scale line at this point, and besides, they aren't big enough to be cool!" -- The problem was then you saw the Monster and the Glaug and  you were like "INSTA-BUY!" ... it was allllll downhill from there! 

Now I'm sad that I'm missing those 4...but I'm not paying the prices scalpers want for them now. 

Edited by derex3592

VF-1S Focker Strike x 3

VF-1S Hikaru Strike x 1

VF-1A Hikaru Strike x 1

VF-1J Max Strike x 1

VF-1J Millia Strike x 1

VF-1J GBP x 1

VF-1J Hikaru x 1

VF-1A CF x 3

VT-1 x 1

VE-1 x 1

VF-1D x 1

VF-2SS SAP Gena x 1

VF-4 Lightning III x 1

Defender x 2

Spartan x 1

Monster x 1

Glaug x 1

Regult x 4

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have the new VF-4 "Focker". It's not different from the original enough for me to care.

Same for the second flavor VF-2SS

I'm not getting more Destroids or enemy mecha because of room. I will make an exception for a Tomahawk or four though.

I'd pick up a few more CF's at the right price.

23 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

The only HM-R's I'm missing is the 1st Roy, GBP and Max/Millia.   As others have stated, my reasoning was sound when the line started.   "I'm NOT getting into another Valk scale line at this point, and besides, they aren't big enough to be cool!" -- The problem was then you saw the Monster and the Glaug and  you were like "INSTA-BUY!" ... it was allllll downhill from there! 

Now I'm sad that I'm missing those 4...but I'm not paying the prices scalpers want for them now. 

I can usually find decent prices on Max and Millia on the Jungle, but I stopped looking when I got mine. What price point you looking for?

I want to have three of each destroid because I think they look awesome as squads... except the Monster... I would like to have more than one of those but just don't have the room. As of right now though, I only have one of each destroid. 

HMR is definitely the line that grows on you as time goes on.  I also think it might be a line that never really gets "replaced" in the future. 

I wish I could get more regults for non-insane prices, when they come up at all.  I still kick myself for not getting more than 1 missile set back when they were on pre-order.  I'm really hoping for some more enemy mecha to fill out the "bad guy" ranks.  I'd probably buy 2 or more of any enemy mecha they make going forward.

Regult x15

Regult Missile Type Set x5

Glaug x3

Monster x7

Spartan x11

Defender x10

VF-1S Roy (HM) x3

VF-1S Hikaru x3

VF-1S Roy x5

VF-1S Messer x2

VF-1J Armored Valkyrie x10

VF-1J Hikaru x7

VF-1J Max (HM) x3

VF-1J Max x6

VF-1J Milia x6

VF-1A CF x18

VF-1A Hikaru x2

VF-1D x5

VE-1 x5

VT-1 x4

VF-1 Super Parts (HM) x15

VF-19S Blazer (HM) x4

VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (HM) x3

VF-19 Fire Valkyrie Sound Booster (HM) x2

VF-19 Fire Valkyrie stand and option parts (HM) x2

VF-2SS Nexx x4

VF-2SS Silvie Gena x5

VF-4 x5

VF-4G x5

Among this list are a few that have been put aside for customs or have been completely customized.