Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 5/2/2020 at 2:17 PM, vladykins said:

@claude grant

Here's a new listing for the Defender- it's an auction but starting at $65 + 10.89 shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Ban-Dai-HI-METAL-R-Macross-ADR-04-MKX-Destroid-Defender-Action-Figure/174268274297?hash=item289332d679:g:BGsAAOSwjyherFgZ

edit: Different seller from before.

Thanks so much for the good look vladykins...I WON IT!

On 5/8/2020 at 10:38 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

Right on! But we try to keep it tasteful and practical. These figures are here because they are in arms reach for my kids to play with.

To each his own and more power to you!

This not for everyone but we do enjoy it.

11BA4084-9E1C-464A-9421-269DC1E4F583.jpeg

Nice! My kids have been all over my NewAge figures! They love them!

Yeah, our family loves Nightmare Before Christmas too and I do consider myself a Burton fan although some of his choices bug me. 

Got in another VF-4G thanks to @Slave IV. I’m going to paint the yellow parts blue.

My kid loves Nightmare Before Christmas. It gets requested to watch almost every morning.  I’ve met Tim Burton at an Auto Show once when he was checking out the 1989 Batmobile and I’ve been to his exhibit.  I have his Romeo and Juliet piece hanging in one of our rooms.

49 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Got in another VF-4G thanks to @Slave IV. I’m going to paint the yellow parts blue.

My kid loves Nightmare Before Christmas. It gets requested to watch almost every morning.  I’ve met Tim Burton at an Auto Show once when he was checking out the 1989 Batmobile and I’ve been to his exhibit.  I have his Romeo and Juliet piece hanging in one of our rooms.

Nice! Thanks for those ML, AFC and HW toys too!

2 hours ago, kkx said:

Bandai, We need some macross zero love in HMRIMG_20200509_175609.thumb.jpg.840bfdbbec2d36a976c1322038224b57.jpg

Yes definitely.  I’ll take their Valkyries and Destroids. If they wanted to reuse parts of the HMR Monster to make the one from Macross Zero then I’d be cool with that.  Is that VF-0A the one from Wave?  I thought it would be taller but it still looks cool.

16 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yes definitely.  I’ll take their Valkyries and Destroids. If they wanted to reuse parts of the HMR Monster to make the one from Macross Zero then I’d be cool with that.  Is that VF-0A the one from Wave?  I thought it would be taller but it still looks cool.

It is the wave (should be 1/100 If I remember correctly) model. Maybe their scale is not spot on or mostly like it is due to my camera angle.

I have the vf-1a wave 1/100 sitting around somewhere. When I build that up, will compare that to the HMR size and see if that one have correct scale.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:06 PM, MikeRoz said:

They can't even be bothered to release supers for the later -31 releases. And they were dragging their feet on this long before COVID was a thing. And they're already TWE to begin with, so there's no risk of shelf warmers to be had. It's hard to imagine a world where they'll release obscure destroids but not supers for valks piloted by named characters.

But they wont release stuff for named Zentradi characters (Glaug Eldare, Queadluun-Rau etc) yet released grunt Valkyries.

Well, I finally caved in and asked Nippon-Yasan about my HMR VF-4G order status this weekend.  The last e-mail I received from them was on January 31st.  They told me:

Date: 2020-05-12 15:04:11
Name: Marine
Printer friendly version

Hello

Thank you for your message

We apologize if we were unable to send your order upon release of the product.

We cannot send the orders in SAL service due to the restriction of Japan post

So for the moment, orders are on pause. As soon as we can send again, we will honor your order.

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Though the timing of things seems a bit odd, but whatever.  I impulsed bought it and its not a "must have" for me.  I can wait.

On 5/11/2020 at 12:33 PM, vladykins said:

Excellent!

I'll keep an eye out for more.

Don't know if your going to post your ebay links in the for "Sales thread" in regards to HMR sales to to keep it clean here.

I got called out for posting Manda links for HMR in this thread..

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Well, I finally caved in and asked Nippon-Yasan about my HMR VF-4G order status this weekend.  The last e-mail I received from them was on January 31st.  They told me:

Though the timing of things seems a bit odd, but whatever.  I impulsed bought it and its not a "must have" for me.  I can wait.

Good to hear they responded. Was thinking abt emailing them, but i suspected the lockdown on posting was still a factor.

Let's see if it ends up arriving as a christmas valk or not this year. :unknw:

I got the same dubious answer from NY when I inquired about the DC Strike Packs that I should have had back in December if NY had their act together. The only difference is that the reply I got had 'ems' as opposed to 'sal'. Funny how things from Amazon Japan don't seem to be affected by this. And for China I still get shipping notices, but it just takes a long time to go from that first notice (label creation) to actually being scanned by the carrier. It seems to me that NY hasn't even created the shipping labels.

26 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

I got the same dubious answer from NY when I inquired about the DC Strike Packs that I should have had back in December if NY had their act together. The only difference is that the reply I got had 'ems' as opposed to 'sal'. Funny how things from Amazon Japan don't seem to be affected by this. And for China I still get shipping notices, but it just takes a long time to go from that first notice (label creation) to actually being scanned by the carrier. It seems to me that NY hasn't even created the shipping labels.

My response was very different from yours.

Yesterday, NY said the packs are delayed this week and should be shipping in two weeks. 

I hope this happens.

4 hours ago, Bing0 said:

I doubt I can repair it, anyone have one for sale?

0AE859B6-DC1F-4C79-BF42-4EF8B62E7AAD.jpeg

Is this the DYRL 1A Hikaru with armor? I have one I've been trying to unload but it has the stupid mismatched leg armors. Let me know if you're interested. 

The model builder/resin kit pinner on me can't help but think that may be fixable. Wonder if you could get someone with good skills to fix the break for you?

(I didn't offer because my skills are middling. They work for static kits, but for a moving joint I might not be there)

49 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'd start by pushing the pin out. Once the broken piece is separated it ought to be possible to glue back together more securely without having to worry about freezing the joint.

Exactly. You can get that to fuse nicely. It may never be the same strength but will totally be functional and proper. 

48 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Exactly. You can get that to fuse nicely. It may never be the same strength but will totally be functional and proper. 

+1

There might be enough space to drill some tiny holes to insert two small pins. Or at least drill some holes to let the glue flow into and provide extract strength.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Is this the DYRL 1A Hikaru with armor? I have one I've been trying to unload but it has the stupid mismatched leg armors. Let me know if you're interested. 

It’s the hi metal R VF-A1, I’d be interested if your is the same one

Edited by Bing0