Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, borgified said:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41092-item-of-interest-spotted-on-mandarake/page/16/#comments

@borgified Please post Mandarake links in the Mandarake thread.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:00 PM, vlenhoff said:

Thanks! i actually drew the sky in the back ground. I tried to make it look stormy. Sadly the picture is a bit lacking on lighting, and the camera is from an older phone. I may give it another shot later on, with different valks. 

@vlenhoff The pics are already cool but the fact that you drew the background is even cooler.

35 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41092-item-of-interest-spotted-on-mandarake/page/16/#comments

@borgified Please post Mandarake links in the Mandarake thread.

@vlenhoff The pics are already cool but the fact that you drew the background is even cooler.

Thanks @sh9000, it is one of my most intricate skies. I may use it as a background for another project. I am now drawing Hikaru sitting on his VF-1J's chest, while in bot mode. It is a vertical perspective. I might show it on the art tread later on.

6 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Thanks @sh9000, it is one of my most intricate skies. I may use it as a background for another project. I am now drawing Hikaru sitting on his VF-1J's chest, while in bot mode. It is a vertical perspective. I might show it on the art tread later on.

Nice.  I’m thinking about painting a board to use as the ground for my next pic.  Currently painting a Zentradi figure to look more like the TV colors.

Some do not follow the Manda thread (or Amiami, NY, ebay or any others all) @sh9000 and this is the only place that they get the HMR deals.

So unless there is general conciseness of rules that deals or any other related HMR stuff is for up grabs then where should it go?   

Edited by borgified

Maybe this will help.  For anyone looking for an item from a certain store, check this link.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

For anyone looking for a specific HM or HMR item from Mandarake, check this link.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/list?page=1&keyword=hi-metal&lang=en

If the item is sold out at Mandarake, click on alert and you will get an email notification when it goes back in stock.  It is reliable and up to date.  I still get notifications for Regults and Armored Valkyries.

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

Is this considered to be HMR? I heard/read that the Koenig is in scale with the HMR Valkyries.

20200508_001149.jpg

It’s a DX.  The most important thing is if it displays well for you then that’s all that matters.  I like how Fighter mode looks with the HMR VF-1s in Fighter mode.

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

It’s a DX.  The most important thing is if it displays well for you then that’s all that matters.  I like how Fighter mode looks with the HMR VF-1s in Fighter mode.

Agreed..it's "HM-R" scale...lol

Have you tried this pose yet?  

8aa3a570b180ede35746cec1c809e902.jpg

The Koenig is awesome....

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Agreed..it's "HM-R" scale...lol

Have you tried this pose yet?  

8aa3a570b180ede35746cec1c809e902.jpg

The Koenig is awesome....

That looks like a cool setup.  I’ll try it.

I still love Macross VF-X 2!

23 hours ago, borgified said:

Going to post HMR grabs on the Manda thread to keep it clear, also for the Amiami and Jungle thread as well.

So keep an eye on those threads! I may post the occasional ones here. 

Huh, I had no idea there was a mandarake thread. 

Kinda makes sense to post it here since it is HMR related  and its one less thread to check but whatever. It works either way.

My vf-4G finally arrived!! Mandarake says the box was damaged. Don't know what they are talking about. The box is in mint condition. 

1 hour ago, LRS said:

Huh, I had no idea there was a mandarake thread. 

Kinda makes sense to post it here since it is HMR related  and its one less thread to check but whatever. It works either way.

My vf-4G finally arrived!! Mandarake says the box was damaged. Don't know what they are talking about. The box is in mint condition. 

Manda has high standards of grading stuff that's for sale as they're secondary sellers of items that they have to offer to the public. Box damaged is how they classify stuff for secondary re-sale and they will list other damages/missing items at a slightly lower price in hopes that it can be sold very quickly.

Amiami and Jungle also grades their found items for sale as well. 

Don't forget to check out those threads for deals as well @ LRS as its in the For Sales Section on the home page.   

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Manda has high standards of grading stuff that's for sale as they're secondary sellers of items that they have to offer to the public. Box damaged is how they classify stuff for secondary re-sale and they will list other damages/missing items at a slightly lower price in hopes that it can be sold very quickly.

Amiami and Jungle also grades their found items for sale as well. 

Don't forget to check out those threads for deals as well @ LRS as its in the For Sales Section on the home page.   

Wil do!

Its funny, I was just going to tear open and toss the box but you crazy collector people have infected me and now I'm cutting the tape with an exacto knife so I won't damage the box.  

1 hour ago, LRS said:

Its funny, I was just going to tear open and toss the box but you crazy collector people have infected me and now I'm cutting the tape with an exacto knife so I won't damage the box.  

Unless you plan on giving away your collection at some point or having them all burned with you in a funeral pyre, it only matters if you want to get the most from any potential future sale.  If you have the space, makes sense to save them and keep them in as good condition as possible.  Heck, there are even variations on the market price of toys/collectibles depending of the condition of the box alone!

6sjuxjlkxi601.gif

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I agree with your statement. If it looks good to you then go with it, and enjoy it.

0FC306A0-292A-4778-BAAB-307E52ECFD98.jpeg

B91CC3F1-E842-4E64-B418-CAF5D4C214BF.jpeg

6A5DC313-0165-475A-B04E-A147161BF72C.jpeg

31 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

+1 

I might night be able to sleep soundly tonight after seeing that! :o

My son picked out both at separate occasions for different reasons. The skeleton came first as a Halloween decoration but he just wanted it indoors to keep in his egg chair. A year later he wanted a Robot Unicorn game party for his 4th birthday. So we purchased a few unicorn masks for his party.  In the end we had nowhere to put the mask and my son ended up putting them together. Before the mask was on the skeleton it used to wear a rainbow colored and light up Mohawk (from a local circus) that now resides in the the metal pedal bomber plane with shark grin (seen in pic).

Our family likes to collect various oddities.

Sleep tight.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Before the mask was on the skeleton it used to wear a rainbow colored and light up Mohawk (from a local circus)...

This is exactly what I envisioned to be the source of this abomination...a denizen of some satanic circus freak show......sweet dreams Macross World! 

10 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

My son picked out both at separate occasions for different reasons. The skeleton came first as a Halloween decoration but he just wanted it indoors to keep in his egg chair. A year later he wanted a Robot Unicorn game party for his 4th birthday. So we purchased a few unicorn masks for his party.  In the end we had nowhere to put the mask and my son ended up putting them together. Before the mask was on the skeleton it used to wear a rainbow colored and light up Mohawk (from a local circus) that now resides in the the metal pedal bomber plane with shark grin (seen in pic).

Our family likes to collect various oddities.

Sleep tight.

Your screen name is making more sense!

BTW, are you worried about some of your figures yellowing if they are by that window too long?

45 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Your screen name is making more sense!

BTW, are you worried about some of your figures yellowing if they are by that window too long?

Well actually my screen name might not be what you think.  Nightmareb4macross begins as Nightmare Before Christmas as I am quite a fan of Mr. Burton’s works. Then it ties into Macross. 

We have a “living collection” for lack of a better term. Items are brought out to display/play/admire from time to time depending on what we want to do with it. We don’t keep our items out for long periods of time. If the kids ask me to bring out, for example, Gi Joes rather than Macross we repack items they won’t be playing with and bring out the Joes.

It’s a good system to keep interest going so we don’t get bored of seeing or playing with same things over and over. Plus it let’s the kids realize they can have whatever they want out as long as they are responsible and put away items in their respective place to care for the collection an have it last for a long time. 

The items you see on display were played with and staged there by my son. They’re all in storage now. 

During play they pit UNSPACY vs the Zents, as it should be, but UNSPACY was losing.

6540B003-D2A0-4E0C-9756-F14C79316EC1.jpeg

48 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The preorder went up last night and sold out.  B))

@nightmareB4macross Nice pics.

I got nONE!

Thanks.

Once I get it, the kid’s fighting scenes will be more complex, like when Santa joins in with LEGO Star Wars and Minecraft figures to go up against various Macross mechs.

It’s a pic from last Christmas.

D6FBEC22-2380-4BCF-92A7-AE47A0299D9A.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Well actually my screen name might not be what you think.  Nightmareb4macross begins as Nightmare Before Christmas as I am quite a fan of Mr. Burton’s works. Then it ties into Macross. 

Kinda funny, I'm not really a big Tim Burton fan, but my wife loves Nightmare Before Christmas (I kinda like it too).  Somehow one of my display cases has ended up like this:

IMG_20200508_134450.jpg