Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 4/27/2020 at 10:03 PM, jvmacross said:

Crazy would be releasing the Monster but not the Tomahawk and Phalanx to complete the set....IMO it would go down as the greatest missed opportunity in Macross Toy Collecting history......

This!!!!

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Although I didn't get the destroids, this is my favorite line and I really hope we get more releases, specially from series like Zero or Frontier

If this is your favorite line and you don’t have any destroids, you’re missing out on the best part about the line! You should do yourself a favor and pick them up and prepare to love this line even more!

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Although I didn't get the destroids, this is my favorite line and I really hope we get more releases, specially from series like Zero or Frontier

Arcadia currently seem to have a lock on "DX" scaled M0 VFs....so I can see an "HMR" scale being done by Bandai...as part of the HMR line, who knows?

As for MF VFs....it all depends if you think re-releases of their DX line are possible...otherwise, "HMR" versions would be instabuys for me!

mae.jpg

Hard to say from this pic...but it looks like the M0 VF shown is not "DX" sized....as for the MF display...hard to tell...it also looks like 2 of them on display....

Did anyone who was at this event ever confirm what "size" these VFs were?  Or has anyone run into other pics of this display?

18 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

For some reason, I'm still optimistic we'll get most of what we're hoping for with this line.  The COVID situation may have delayed things quite a bit, but I still think we'll get the last two destroids, and at least one more enemy mech of some variety.  Probably a few more valk repaints, too.

They might all be TWE, and we'll have to pay more, but I think we'll get most of it, in the end.

They can't even be bothered to release supers for the later -31 releases. And they were dragging their feet on this long before COVID was a thing. And they're already TWE to begin with, so there's no risk of shelf warmers to be had. It's hard to imagine a world where they'll release obscure destroids but not supers for valks piloted by named characters.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

If this is your favorite line and you don’t have any destroids, you’re missing out on the best part about the line! You should do yourself a favor and pick them up and prepare to love this line even more!

I know, and believe me I wanted them, but I was out of space and sold the destroids I had pre-ordered before having the chance to opening them. But, then, once I'm able to make room for them, I don't think they'll be hard to find

I imagine the DX toys and the HMR toys operate in different worlds within Bandai and decisions made for production on either has little to do with each other. In both cases, the line fizzling out likely has to do with sales of previous units. The destroids though, would not have been produced with the thought that they would have strong sales but rather that their sales would support more sales for the overall line. I would guess that Bandai reached a point where they felt they made enough supplementary vehicles, or maybe even too many, so they backed off to focus on heroes for a while. 

For those who want the remaining Destroids released, my fingers are crossed for you!

Those who want more Enemy Mecha, my fingers are crossed! 

As for me, I want to see Macross Plus & Macross Zero become a reality. B))

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Go get them. You can snag the Spartan and Defender for like $80/each shipped if you keep looking hard enough. And the Monster is worth the price tag. So worth it.

No photo description available.

16 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

For those who want the remaining Destroids released, my fingers are crossed for you!

Those who want more Enemy Mecha, my fingers are crossed! 

As for me, I want to see Macross Plus & Macross Zero become a reality. B))

Me too. I just want VFs from across the saga.

12 hours ago, claude grant said:

Where may I ask did you see Spartan & Defender for $80.00 shipped?

I tend to haunt ebay looking for them and while there is usually a bunch of them for over $100 shipped and a couple in the $85- $90 range, there will sometimes be a seller or two in Japan who dips his price to sell. It's same with some of the Regults which have five million listings with crazy amounts and then there will be one person who dips down to like $125.

It requires patience and sometimes searching a few different ways (and always sorting by "lowest price + shipping"). You also have to usually scroll past the "sponsored" links, which will highlight a few and then the price might drop right after those. I'm hunting a GBP 1J right now for a decent price, but I'll see if I can dig up some $80 destroids while I do it.

I found one on mandrake for 60 and snagged it after watching  jenius's review. It was the Rifleman. Yes I know. Wrong universe but I'm tired and I can't fact check at the moment. 

Its stuck in shipping limbo though.

Edited by LRS

3 hours ago, LRS said:

I found one on mandrake for 60 and snagged it after watching  jenius's review. It was the Rifleman. Yes I know. Wrong universe but I'm tired and I can't fact check at the moment. 

Its stuck in shipping limbo though.

Thanks to you too LRS.

On 4/30/2020 at 2:58 PM, claude grant said:

Thanks for that vladykins.

@claude grant

Here's a new listing for the Defender- it's an auction but starting at $65 + 10.89 shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Ban-Dai-HI-METAL-R-Macross-ADR-04-MKX-Destroid-Defender-Action-Figure/174268274297?hash=item289332d679:g:BGsAAOSwjyherFgZ

edit: Different seller from before.

The Jungle also has the Spartan for ¥ 6,050 and a VF-4G for ¥ 11,000. Shipping might be crazy right now, though.

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/416403

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/380901

Edited by vladykins

On 4/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, Convectuoso said:

PicsArt_04-30-10_49_12.thumb.jpg.15cd64bb5d53abd05c270d6b9ab86c67.jpg

HMR needs more enemy mecha

On 4/30/2020 at 9:24 PM, Convectuoso said:

IMG_20200430_230625_844.thumb.jpg.bcfcc64252781d705797cb1159303e4a.jpg

14 hours ago, gerwookie said:

Loved the color scheme so much that I wanted to add some red and yellow to make the strike parts pop a bit more (used the Dx SSP as reference). Also to the gun pod. 

FA92490F-A349-492B-96DD-F7A3788D2E44.jpeg

724D6E2B-B077-4FE0-9E46-2C7B5C5D6BDD.jpeg

0F4AFEFC-15DD-4FFA-8EA8-16A7EEC32957.jpeg

EE47728C-702B-4E17-BA35-F06AF5F544B6.jpeg

11 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Got bored, again...

20200502_004137.jpg

20200502_004526.jpg.ba05a4befcb828f336c4843f8bd73b62.jpg

All are cool.  :good:

4 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Beautiful. 

Thanks! i actually drew the sky in the back ground. I tried to make it look stormy. Sadly the picture is a bit lacking on lighting, and the camera is from an older phone. I may give it another shot later on, with different valks.