Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I finally got my hands on the VF-1S  Hikaru with Strike parts and it is sweeeet. I've always preferred my Yamcadia VF-1 toys bare bones due to how top heavy the strike parts made them feel. The ability of the HMR VF-1 to stand so easily with the strike parts on makes this a big deal for me. So much fun playing with the toy. Geez this line is pretty addicting lol

Screenshot_20200423-225917.png

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

I finally got my hands on the VF-1S  Hikaru with Strike parts and it is sweeeet. I've always preferred my Yamcadia VF-1 toys bare bones due to how top heavy the strike parts made them feel. The ability of the HMR VF-1 to stand so easily with the strike parts on makes this a big deal for me. So much fun playing with the toy. Geez this line is pretty addicting lol

That was quick for DHL and you ordered it on Friday with my assistance and got sent out on Monday (Japan Time)? 

Manda didn't charge you for a leg and arm for S+H or did they?   

34 minutes ago, borgified said:

That was quick for DHL and you ordered it on Friday with my assistance and got sent out on Monday (Japan Time)? 

Manda didn't charge you for a leg and arm for S+H or did they?   

Thanks again for the heads up! Shipping, to me, was reasonable at 1,650 yen. Shipped out of Japan on Monday and arrived Wednesday. Very fast shipping :)

Edited by Foblander

Basically the VEFR-1 is the SDFM "TV" equivalent of DYRL's version of a reconnaissance aircraft....:rolleyes:

Was just trying to answer the OP's question...can a VE-1 be used within the Earth's atmosphere...in, short yes....bringing up the VEFR-1 was just to show the "TV" really had no SSP so just like any regular VF-1, sort of in the configuration of his photos, so it should be able to fly just fine within Earth's atmosphere and also in space

24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

They sure could....in "TV' lore the VE-1 ElintSeeker you just posted is called a VEFR-1 "Funny Chinese"

20181217_224318.jpg

Wow thanks!

unicorn.jpg.cf0021a54d051edff02bb71221a214d7.jpg

I did try to attach the dish aft the rudders, but it looked out of balance. Like Jenius said, that dish the attached to the latch behind the head passage. 

Every now and then the VEFR-1 comes up in some thread....as far as I know, no one has attempted a conversion of either a Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 or an HMR.  Would love to see one of our resident custom pros attempt it.

I bet Yamato would have eventually released one...:(

Maybe a custom built part could be done via 3D with an attachment point on it?  Would probably need some parts for the wings and tailfins too.  Can't tell if the recon equipment is the same, but if not, a TV/DYRL hybrid would be perfectly acceptable!

large.515378299_VEFRattachmentpoint.JPG.

Edited by jvmacross

Since they have already released a VF-2SS twice, once for Sylvie and once for Nexx, who here would like to see a VF-2JA and a VF-1MS or whatever its official designation.  I really like the Bandai Hi-Metal R VF-2SS Nexx, but I really cannot get the legs right in fighter mode, so I usually display in Battroid.  I wish that the designs for Macross II got some more love.  Then again, I wish that a lot more valkyries got made in either 1/60 scale or the Hi-Metal R (1/100ish) scale.

Twich

Hell YES for a VF-2JA or two, and even a Faerie Squadron VF-2SS.  As for the Metal Siren, I'm not keen on the design -- I find it rather ugly, actually -- but I would buy one just for the sake of completion... the Destdroids from M2 would be really cool too, but we have a better chance of liquid water on the moon at this point.  Also agree with your other wishes, but alas...

20 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

As a fan of the TV designs, the VEFR-1 would be a cool addition to the HMR lineup. At this point, though, any addition to the Macross HMR lineup would be cool. 

I was rewatching this last night, just hoping that it will one day be available: 

Please, Bandai? 

dEaYrLn.gif

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

We're NEVER gonna get the other Destriods. I've accepted this.:(

dEaYrLn.gif

Edited by slide

What's crazy is that the Tomahawk is arguably the most popular destroid. To think we got a Spartan and a defender but no Tomahawk is just odd. You would think that half the toy was done when they finished the Defender so the Tomahawk became a slam dunk. Meh, maybe a Phalanx/Tomahawk gift-set some day? PLEASE BANDAI???

46 minutes ago, jenius said:

What's crazy is that the Tomahawk is arguably the most popular destroid. To think we got a Spartan and a defender but no Tomahawk is just odd. You would think that half the toy was done when they finished the Defender so the Tomahawk became a slam dunk. Meh, maybe a Phalanx/Tomahawk gift-set some day? PLEASE BANDAI???

Could it be that Tomahawk is popular in the west (read outside of Japan) but in Japan (or the market segment that Bandai care about) is not as popular?

One of my first plastic model is the the imai 1/72 Tomahawk, the design is some significant for me that I will buy a couple of the HMR version if they are released. Come on Bandai, let the next HMR be this.

They were all "Display Only" once....until they're were'nt

ESS08.jpg

Crazy would be releasing the Monster but not the Tomahawk and Phalanx to complete the set....IMO it would go down as the greatest missed opportunity in Macross Toy Collecting history......non-Macross HMR releases combined with the COVID-19 pandemic just means a much longer wait....still pretty sure the HMR Destroid line will be completed one day....

Anyone know the guys who interviewed one of the Bandai designers responsible for the HMR line....maybe an update is in order! :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

We're NEVER gonna get the other Destriods. I've accepted this.:(

:cray:

Then again, i never thought i would have a Monster, or a Glaug. There is still a shred of hope in my soul. 

Edited by vlenhoff

17 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

:cray:

Then again, i never thought i would have a Monster, or a Glaug. There is still a shred of hope in my soul. 

That would be funny if they "rebooted" the line again after coming so close to a "full on" collection of HMR Macross toys. 

For some reason, I'm still optimistic we'll get most of what we're hoping for with this line.  The COVID situation may have delayed things quite a bit, but I still think we'll get the last two destroids, and at least one more enemy mech of some variety.  Probably a few more valk repaints, too.

They might all be TWE, and we'll have to pay more, but I think we'll get most of it, in the end.

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

For some reason, I'm still optimistic we'll get most of what we're hoping for with this line.  The COVID situation may have delayed things quite a bit, but I still think we'll get the last two destroids, and at least one more enemy mech of some variety.  Probably a few more valk repaints, too.

They might all be TWE, and we'll have to pay more, but I think we'll get most of it, in the end.

What you're saying goes great, visually, with your avatar. 

Edited by fifbeat

Not only would I like to see all the rest of Macross II VF’s made, but all the mecha from 7, Frontier! Imagine the varuta variable fighters! FBZ-99! A decent VF-27, the possibilities are near endless, just include stands with every release!

twich