Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Has anyone used, or thought to use the bandai 1/100 funpla stands for stands for their Hi-Metal R toys?  I am using an old 1/100 scale stand for gundams, and it seems to work ok, and I also repurposed the two stands that Bandai included with the DX VF-19Advance valk set to hold up the boosters to use to hold up the Attack Bit drones for the Hi-Metal R VF-2SS SAP Nexx that I have as my only HMR so far.  I ordered a VF-4G Focker, that will arrive whenever it gets sent over via Amazon.  I cant wait to see this toy, as it looks pretty solid.

Twich

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

GAAHHH!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY can't Bandai re-do the Frontier Valks in HM-R! They would sell like toilet paper!!! :lol:

I wonder if bandai is saving that space for...errr....the 15th/20th/25th anniversary of frontier? :o

so, if it is the 15th anniversary of Frontier, that would be 2022, right?  2007 was frontier, right along with Gundam 00.  I would like to see more Frontier and other valkyries, but not huge price gouging on the secondary market.

Twich

2 hours ago, twich said:

Has anyone used, or thought to use the bandai 1/100 funpla stands for stands for their Hi-Metal R toys?  I am using an old 1/100 scale stand for gundams, and it seems to work ok, and I also repurposed the two stands that Bandai included with the DX VF-19Advance valk set to hold up the boosters to use to hold up the Attack Bit drones for the Hi-Metal R VF-2SS SAP Nexx that I have as my only HMR so far.  I ordered a VF-4G Focker, that will arrive whenever it gets sent over via Amazon.  I cant wait to see this toy, as it looks pretty solid.

Twich

I use a bunch of their gunpla stands for my gunpla.

Nominally, these are the purposes for Display Base 1-5:

1, 4: For 1/100 MG scale gundam kits or 1/72 scale Macross kits.

2, 3, 5: for 1/144 scale gundam kits.

I wouldn't stick an HMR on anything other than a 1. Even a 5 isn't great for it due to the base-plate being 3 narrower parts, rather than the single large piece of 1.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Yeah, I have the big hexagon base with the little square that comes off of it.  So I guess that is a 1.  It works well, and I didnt have to buy it, I already had it.  But I wish that all the Bandai Hi-Metal R came with stands, instead of just select ones.  Like the VF-2SS SAP would have really benefitted from having a stand and little arms for the 4 little Attack Bits, instead, unless you already own it, the cheapest solution is almost $100 USD, which is the price of the toy itself.

Twich

Fun fact, I've been mixing and matching stands recently to see what works.

I'm not sure what of the Gundam stands work, but Bandai uses the same sized pegs for almost everything.  I can put the adapters for my Hi-Metal R VF-4 on its own stand, or any of the Bandai Space Battleship Yamato 1/72 fighter stands, or their 1/72 Star Wars kit stands.  Even their tiny micro-models use the same sized pegs, but those stands are far too small and weak to support anything larger.  I think some of the pedestals are even interchangeable between all of those.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:41 AM, twich said:

Yeah, I have the big hexagon base with the little square that comes off of it.  So I guess that is a 1.  It works well, and I didnt have to buy it, I already had it.  But I wish that all the Bandai Hi-Metal R came with stands, instead of just select ones.  Like the VF-2SS SAP would have really benefitted from having a stand and little arms for the 4 little Attack Bits, instead, unless you already own it, the cheapest solution is almost $100 USD, which is the price of the toy itself.

Twich

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-032741

you could gieve a look to these ones, considering each package is a couple of them and they seem unobtrusive enough

On 4/4/2020 at 8:45 PM, derex3592 said:

GAAHHH!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY can't Bandai re-do the Frontier Valks in HM-R! They would sell like toilet paper!!! :lol:

This!  I’d buy them all.  The Frontier Valks that is.

7 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

I ended up using one of the stands that the Glaug, Regult, and missile sets come with plus some extra arms from other stand sets to do two VF-2SS units and all 8 bits they come with.

Yeah that’s one of my favorite stands.

123536E7-7266-4498-A3E3-6EFD53586CEF.thumb.jpeg.e4ce841d7e8d6db556d9f6014837b0a2.jpeg

So, I purchased a VF-4G Roy from Amazon, the seller used japan post. I contacted the seller asking for tracking info, knowing full well it would take a while and got a link telling me about the restricted countries list. I didn’t see the good old US of A on there, but since I have no way to know, I hope it will get here in a month. Any known issues with this release? Scorched earth toys hasn’t released a review vid yet in which I might live vicariously while I ponder my life as a healthcare worker amidst the pandemic we have going on.

twich

I have noticed that you have posted more review vids as of late. Please keep up the excellent reviews! For S & G’s, are you trying to acquire/have the desire to acquire any more of the 1/72 Kitzconept VF-1 toys to review? Thanks!

Twich

The 4G has been wonderful in it's role of work at home desk toy. Such a solid piece. Looks great in all modes and really fun to transform. Makes me miss my HM-R Ostrich that is stuck in the office all the more.

I'd love to see a newly designed HM-R YF-19 with the same level of perfect transformation as the VF-1 & VF-4.

14 minutes ago, twich said:

So, I purchased a VF-4G Roy from Amazon, the seller used japan post. I contacted the seller asking for tracking info, knowing full well it would take a while and got a link telling me about the restricted countries list. I didn’t see the good old US of A on there, but since I have no way to know, I hope it will get here in a month. Any known issues with this release? Scorched earth toys hasn’t released a review vid yet in which I might live vicariously while I ponder my life as a healthcare worker amidst the pandemic we have going on.

twich

The "Shipping Suspension thread" will have further details and links.

The HMR VF-4g Roy is the same as the Hikaru version with a different head and paint scheme and there should be no issues. The only think that irks me and others is how the pilot is placed way back in the seat (or passed out while drinking and flying at the same time).

1 minute ago, Matt Random said:

The 4G has been wonderful in it's role of work at home desk toy. Such a solid piece. Looks great in all modes and really fun to transform. Makes me miss my HM-R Ostrich that is stuck in the office all the more.

I'd love to see a newly designed HM-R YF-19 with the same level of perfect transformation as the VF-1 & VF-4.

Getting drunk and flying is not a good combo unless your like Roy and can handle your heavy liquor (or like Rihanna taking a swig from the bottle straight up: Timestamp 2:58 - 3:02 ) :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3n5Pk8fkLg

1 hour ago, twich said:

I have noticed that you have posted more review vids as of late. Please keep up the excellent reviews! For S & G’s, are you trying to acquire/have the desire to acquire any more of the 1/72 Kitzconept VF-1 toys to review? Thanks!

Twich

I did all of the ones they've released.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=12136

I might spend some time with the SD toys though. I don't know, I've got a room full of Mospeada right now and thousand toys is love to pull back out.

Edited by jenius