Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice pics @Slave IV.

68F531F3-8F88-4D5A-86B1-13A50FBEE4C7.thumb.jpeg.087d6b1af969d99a63c69b7ff377e379.jpeg

I’m going to do this pose with my HMR as well.

Thanks! That’s a classic pose!

55 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I don't remember you posting these. They're great! 

Yeah, I’m just digging through a bunch of old photos when I found all these. Thanks!

Time to take some new pics soon!

There's a used VF-4G that costs more than a new one on amiami. That's a bit awkward until you look more closely. The new one has some box damage, otherwise it would be 12,120. Still higher than N-Y at 9180, but you might actually get it before Christmas 2023. Amazon has a bunch right around 9000, but that's for domestic shipping to a Tenso-like address, so there are additional costs to get it shipped overseas. Seems like, for now, these guys are stabilizing at 9-10,000.

image.png.2f89ddc82541c88004b16d37b92621e2.png

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

There's a used VF-4G that costs more than a new one on amiami. That's a bit awkward until you look more closely. The new one has some box damage, otherwise it would be 12,120. Still higher than N-Y at 9180, but you might actually get it before Christmas 2023. Amazon has a bunch right around 9000, but that's for domestic shipping to a Tenso-like address, so there are additional costs to get it shipped overseas. Seems like, for now, these guys are stabilizing at 9-10,000.

You can actually order in Amazon JP and have it shipped internationally. Just need to pick the correct seller.

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

FWIW, I ordered Spring Sale stuff from NY and they shipped within an hour of my order...

3 hours ago, chyll2 said:

You can actually order in Amazon JP and have it shipped internationally. Just need to pick the correct seller.

Yes, that's correct. But many sellers don't want to ship internationally, mark up the price, or you get hit with high shipping costs. It never hurts to check both options (Tenso or direct international shipping). I basically just leave my AJ profile set to my Tenso address these days and when I find something I want to buy, I'll do a quick check to see if it's available for international shipping and how that price compares to a domestic purchase plus Tenso's handling fees. Usually the item disappears or the price goes up, but not always.

Edited by Anasazi37

15 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Nice.

For all those who have the repeated leg armor syndrome this would be an excellent solution to display your VF-1A valkyrie.

Thanks.  I’ll see if I can set up the rest of the Super Parts on stands today.

17 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Nice.

For all those who have the repeated leg armor syndrome this would be an excellent solution to display your VF-1A valkyrie.

What is repeated leg armor syndrome? I don't have the Hikaru 1A, just the 1S, and that one seems to be fine. Is it related to the smaller piece that goes on the back of the leg, as in there are two copies of the same side so you can't actually attach one of the larger pieces?

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

What is repeated leg armor syndrome? I don't have the Hikaru 1A, just the 1S, and that one seems to be fine. Is it related to the smaller piece that goes on the back of the leg, as in there are two copies of the same side so you can't actually attach one of the larger pieces?

Yes.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Yes.

Wow, that's terrible. And an unusual QC fail for Bandai in this line.

That VF-4G is a good price and I would get 2 more but I will already have 5.  Which reminds me that I need to do an updated Jolly Rogers group pic ever since I equipped my VF-4G with missiles.

6 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Cool idea....maybe try it with the HM VF-1S

large.SuperVF1armoreject.jpg.56246e4f496

GBP next?

vf-1j-gbp-ejection.gif

For sure.  Do you have a larger version of that last pic of the VF-1S?

Definitely doing the GBP next as well.  I saved that same pic to my phone a couple of days ago.  Also this one.

A89328E9-4F7D-4C31-A19A-E2F2F679FE52.jpeg.aa10d86619cc54581a6d5767d975098b.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

For sure.  Do you have a larger version of that last pic of the VF-1S?

Definitely doing the GBP next as well.  I saved that same pic to my phone a couple of days ago.  Also this one.

No, but just grab a pic from SDFM Ep 27 off of youtube or if you have your own copy on BD