Hi-Metal R

joppewo

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not going to say it's bad, because it's a decently nice image.. but you people do realize that's just a photoshopped image of the toy, right? :p 

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. I still wouldn't be sure, except you can see the wing hinges in you look closely.

23 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

New estimated delivery date:
2020/02/18 - 2020/02/21

That's what mine reads as. Did you place the order direct with Amazon, and not with a 3rd party seller on Amazon?

Amazon Japan G.K.

2020/02/19 - 2020/02/22

It's just a day but it's an odd difference to have.

Speaking of Bandai teases...how often do they display stuff at shows that never sees the light of day?  Because I'd be into this two-pack: 

Edited by Draykov

2 hours ago, Draykov said:

Speaking of Bandai teases...how often do they display stuff at shows that never sees the light of day?  Because I'd be into this two-pack

Too often... <_<

There was a teaser of the S.H. Monsterarts Vajria for the Froniter display, however the Vajria never made it up for production. @David Hingtgen wanted a Figuarts Rain Mikamura as it was teased, it never got made.

A teased YF-21 was presented in the OG Hi Metal lineup, got scrapped after the line got cancelled. No telling if the YF-21 will get the upgraded treatment and made in to the present HMR lineup.

Even some of the 1/6th companies made teasers for the large show (Comic Cons and Trade Conventions) and it never got made due to production costs. TBL teased a Ninjak figure, got cancelled due to lack of sales (possible reason why).    

52 minutes ago, borgified said:

Too often... <_<

There was a teaser of the S.H. Monsterarts Vajria for the Froniter display, however the Vajria never made it up for production. @David Hingtgen wanted a Figuarts Rain Mikamura as it was teased, it never got made.

A teased YF-21 was presented in the OG Hi Metal lineup, got scrapped after the line got cancelled. No telling if the YF-21 will get the upgraded treatment and made in to the present HMR lineup.

Even some of the 1/6th companies made teasers for the large show (Comic Cons and Trade Conventions) and it never got made due to production costs. TBL teased a Ninjak figure, got cancelled due to lack of sales (possible reason why).    

There's much better examples than that.  They have piles and piles of SH Figuarts Star Wars figures alone that have never seen the light of day.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:29 PM, Chronocidal said:

I'm not going to say it's bad, because it's a decently nice image.. but you people do realize that's just a photoshopped image of the toy, right? :p 

For whatever it's worth, I just did a quick survey of 4 other HMR Macross boxes and they all said "Illustrated by". This one says "Photo & Illustrated by".

Thank you

33 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Looks good there. It'll be a few months before I get mine.

Thanks @Lolicon, I missed out on Hikaru's VF-4 so I'm glad I got this one. My 2nd VF-4 Roy in the Private Warehouse with HLJ for now. 

Those few month will fly by when you get yours. :D

13 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Thanks @Lolicon, I missed out on Hikaru's VF-4 so I'm glad I got this one. My 2nd VF-4 Roy in the Private Warehouse with HLJ for now. 

Those few month will fly by when you get yours. :D

No rush. I've no plans to put any additional work on this one. It'll have to stand plain next to it's VF-4 sibling. :)

22669518-AD96-45F2-8794-C2AB848A4924.jpeg.49af30aeeff98c03cfab84a95d02257e.jpeg

I plan on making a version 2 chess board with each square being 8”.  The finished chess board will be a 5’ 4” square and will accommodate the HMR Monsters for Rooks.  I’ll probably take a picture of the setup on my living room floor or a parking lot or something.

HMR love!

:good:

30 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Picked up mine, just about the fastest I've ever seen from DHL.

Shipped at 4pm on Monday in Japan, ready for pickup before noon on Tues in California.

That's insanely fast.. basically overnight express. Congrats! :D

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

22669518-AD96-45F2-8794-C2AB848A4924.jpeg.49af30aeeff98c03cfab84a95d02257e.jpeg

I plan on making a version 2 chess board with each square being 8”.  The finished chess board will be a 5’ 4” square and will accommodate the HMR Monsters for Rooks.  I’ll probably take a picture of the setup on my living room floor or a parking lot or something.

HMR love!

:good:

Walmart has a checkers set that will accommodate the HMR monster. I have this set and the pieces measure 7 inches in diameter.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Giant-Checkers/558378891

11 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just arrived Via AmiAmi, for the size of these HMR toys the detail work is quite impressive. Even includes a display stand... nicely done Bandai! B))

IMG_0088.JPG

Ooooh! Need to live vicariously through pics while mine takes its time from N-Y!

Nice!