Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Anyone got the HMR VF-4 Roy on pre-order and waiting for the offical release day this weekend? :D

*Hands-up*  I hope Bandai release more schemes, cannon or not, because fighter mode is just so sleek that it'll be nice to do some VF-4 fleet building.

7 hours ago, borgified said:

Anyone got the HMR VF-4 Roy on pre-order and waiting for the offical release day this weekend? :D

Oooh, that's this weekend?  Awesome, thanks for the head up.  Looks like Ami is going to be hitting me up for some yen.  Hope that tax check comes soon!

10 hours ago, borgified said:

Yep, just waiting on Hobby-Search to charge me for it. It's my first HMR, so can't wait to see it.

10 hours ago, MKT said:

*Hands-up*  I hope Bandai release more schemes, cannon or not, because fighter mode is just so sleek that it'll be nice to do some VF-4 fleet building.

There was a display with the other variants as well. 

Edit: Maybe a CF, Alaska Base, Angel Birds in the near future. 

From the Tamashii Nations Exhibit dated 2018/10/26-28 via Taghobby (there's also more pics).

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/322103

bdd11-768x576.jpg

Edited by borgified

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I just hope that they don't use those Max/Miria schemes. I much prefer the ones from the master file that are white underneath rather than red/blue all over.

I think the displayed shcemes are a good modification of the M3 game versions:

vf-4g-styled-max-fighter.gif

vf-4g-styled-milia-fighter.gif

TBH I prefer Bandai's take over the VF-4 Masterfile Version, which are actually Periwinkle Blue, and Pink undersides, respectively.image.jpeg

Regardless, they're gonna get me for 2 more VF-4s if they release the Max/Miria Set...

but Roy never flew one, so keep trying Bandai!:D

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Ya, umm.. they also teased a Tomahawk..<_<

Indeed... What's the holdup on that I wonder?

Edited by slide

How dare NY ask for payment for this thing 10 days early and then be one of the first to ship out? I thought they always want money months in advance to purposefully screw people and then wait over a year to ship?:lol:

For me, I don't care but it looks like mine shipped from NY too. I'll also take the M&M decos the way they were shown on display or any other variant. I definitely don't care about accuracy to some book art or whatever either as long as they end up looking good.

Just got a "payment received" email from HLJ for the Roy HMR VF-4G. 

I guess AmiAmi will be right around the corner for the other one. 

Update: AmiAmi just asked for a payment as well.B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

The master file M&M VF-4's are the best I've seen, but I've still yet to see a truly good M&M VF-4 scheme.  (the problem with the master file, is that the weapons are used as a main accent color---if it fires all the conformal missiles, then there's almost no white left to break up the red/blue, and it's as bland as the M3 scheme, from above or from the sides)  

(M3 has amazing schemes for most of them, but they really dropped the ball on the 4 and 5000)

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just got a "payment received" email from HLJ for the Roy HMR VF-4G. 

I guess AmiAmi will be right around the corner for the other one. 

Update: AmiAmi just asked for a payment as well.B))

Just got my email from Amiami for payment due by the 21st at 7am JST and picked something else as well, then SAL Registered shipping after that.

I'll be getting two packages from Amiami hopefully next month just one week apart from each other. 

Looks alright. I don't like the color arrangement around the chest intakes. If it's supposed to be Roy's colors, shouldn't the chest stripe be black and the area behind it be yellow? :unknw:

Oh well I'll wait and see how I feel about it when I have it in hand. Not sure I'll bother putting any extra work into this one.

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Looks alright. I don't like the color arrangement around the chest intakes. If it's supposed to be Roy's colors, shouldn't the chest stripe be black and the area behind it be yellow? :unknw:

Oh well I'll wait and see how I feel about it when I have it in hand. Not sure I'll bother putting any extra work into this one.

Yeah, the chest intakes are the weakest part I think, with the weird jagged yellow tail tips a close second.  I might strip them down, but if the main plastic color is the same, I may just swap parts in and out with another version.

28 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, the chest intakes are the weakest part I think, with the weird jagged yellow tail tips a close second.  I might strip them down, but if the main plastic color is the same, I may just swap parts in and out with another version.

I'm definitely leaning more towards painting the yellows to red. Doesn't seem like it's in too many hard to paint places.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Thanks for the post, lots of pics in there!

Jolly Rogers in da house!

I love VF-4 battroid!! Cant wait to get mine!

27abd789-s.jpg.1d4ff0b08fb3096d9903e8638d363cea.jpg0fbdbcd2-s.jpg.77661358b030390cbf0e9116ffdd114e.jpg3b1d46cb-s.jpg.c2d8e11a263231b9490d110b130d6156.jpg

Pictures look great but from a personal perspective Bandai seems a bit bland and lazy. All the brown is very overpowering and muted the true impact of the Roy color scheme. Definitely skipping this.

Just my two cents.

Interesting that it's a space scene.  Reminiscent of Asteroids, or the beautiful painting painting style of Atari posters.

Those asteroids better not mess with the Megaroad, they got blackholes to explore!

Edited by Mazinger