Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 10/24/2019 at 10:21 AM, jenius said:

Missing a golden opportunity here to make it a proper TV Roy with that scout.

Just saw the pic and thought the same thing....the Scout is TV...would have made sense to make a TV -1S Roy to go with it....may still happen as they did not make TV-style super packs for M&M anyway or he never had a chance to "wear" them on the show either...either way a Scout packed with a pair of used chopsticks would still be an insta-buy for most of us!

If the VF-1S DYRL Roy is a placeholder for a VF-1S TV Roy then I would want it to come with an updated neck joint, shoulder covers, a TV Roy pilot and a Hikaru pilot for when Hikaru took over, and Super Parts with correct TV arm armor.

I'll get 4 Regult Scouts to open and 1 to keep MISB.

I honestly don’t care how the scout gets packaged, by itself or packed with a friend. I need it in my life. I got multiples of all the other enemy units and have the glaug and the regults needing their team mate. It would make a nice shelf setup to have the standard guy, the heavy weapon types and the boss man joined by their intel guy.

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If the VF-1S DYRL Roy is a placeholder for a VF-1S TV Roy then I would want it to come with an updated neck joint, shoulder covers, a TV Roy pilot and a Hikaru pilot for when Hikaru took over, and Super Parts with correct TV arm armor.

.... And a blood stained seat

33 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Must have that Regult Scout and Tomahawk.

BS if it's bundled with Roy's VF-1S. It's not even a TV version.

To be clear, the tomahawk was not at the event... Someone posted pictures of it from a previous event while people are posting pictures from the current event. I agree though, it would be a must buy if it gets made some day.

45 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Is this one of those events where they reveal more later, or is this just all we're getting at this one?

That's all for the macross lineup I guess. They focused on dragonair and Lgaim.

This is one of the yearly "shock and awe" events...sadly, nothing really shocking or awe-inspiring materialized, in terms of Macross.

One positive note however, is that Bandai apparently has already provided us with a pretty good look at what Macross items will most likely be produced at some point....when each actually is produced/released is still anyone's guess....

The future still looks pretty promising.....it's just clearly apparent now that we are being forced into playing the long game...

m08.jpg 

5639b3df937e8.jpg

How much of an indicator is Tamashii Nation as far as releases go..?

If the Tomahawk is announced in a few months, would they have shown it at TN anyway, given that the already did so years ago? Was there any sign of the Fokker VF-4..?

What I'm saying is that I don't think TN is like Arcadia at Wonderfest where products are shown repeatedly until released... :unsure:

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:

This is one of the yearly "shock and awe" events...sadly, nothing really shocking or awe-inspiring materialized, in terms of Macross.

There was that DX YF-21... and an appearance by that Kawamori guy... ;)

12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

One positive note however, is that Bandai apparently has already provided us with a pretty good look at what Macross items will most likely be produced at some point....when each actually is produced/released is still anyone's guess....

The future still looks pretty promising.....it's just clearly apparent now that we are being forced into playing the long game...

Looks like bandai, for new merchandise, gave macross fans the bare minimum. <_<

Yup long game indeed!

If the Scout and Roy VF-1S do in fact end up being sold exclusively as a double pack, it will basically confirm what we've been realizing for the past few years: non-valks rarely sell well on their own.  It could be the new reality that in order to get a non-valk release, we're going to have to buy it bundled with a popular valk (either as a re-issue, or something they haven't made, but think will sell well).  

The GBP set is a prime candidate for something like this.  Probably the Hikaru VF-1S DYRL.  The Max VF-1J sold well enough, but maybe not well enough to serve as a bundle seller.  I would think the TV VF-1S would be a good match as well, but maybe we'll get that later?

Or we could be jumping way ahead of ourselves and this won't be a bundle at all.  It's fun to speculate, though.

33 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

If the Scout and Roy VF-1S do in fact end up being sold exclusively as a double pack, it will basically confirm what we've been realizing for the past few years: non-valks rarely sell well on their own.  It could be the new reality that in order to get a non-valk release, we're going to have to buy it bundled with a popular valk (either as a re-issue, or something they haven't made, but think will sell well).  

The GBP set is a prime candidate for something like this.  Probably the Hikaru VF-1S DYRL.  The Max VF-1J sold well enough, but maybe not well enough to serve as a bundle seller.  I would think the TV VF-1S would be a good match as well, but maybe we'll get that later?

Or we could be jumping way ahead of ourselves and this won't be a bundle at all.  It's fun to speculate, though.

I'll take a Phalanx with a TV Roy in a heart beat!

Nevermind, watched the video. So the 2 Macross, something that's "not exactly Gundam but looks like a gundam", the Xabungle mech already released, 2 other things I don't know and 2 L-Gaim mechs (he said HI Spec). Disappointed they arent continuing the Dougram line as TWE. I guess I need to watch Xabungle.

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

Nevermind, watched the video. So the 2 Macross, something that's "not exactly Gundam but looks like a gundam", the Xabungle mech already released, 2 other things I don't know and 2 L-Gaim mechs (he said HI Spec). Disappointed they arent continuing the Dougram line as TWE. I guess I need to watch Xabungle.

I watched some Xabungle it is semi-decent, not too bad.  The toys are neat.