Hi-Metal R

joppewo

57 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Soooo i went ahead and unboxed the first one of my HMR's, VF-1D to be exact. Very happy with the figure, articulation, transformation etc, except for one thing....
Sprue marks on the back of the leg and thigh. Pretty big marks as well and very noticeable. Is this common on the HMR VF-1's or did i get a lemon?

Would say that's pretty common across most of the HMR VF-1s I've messed with.  They just aren't very careful about cutting the parts clean, and the back of the leg is just one of the biggest and most visible places where that sloppiness gets put on display.

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Would say that's pretty common across most of the HMR VF-1s I've messed with.  They just aren't very careful about cutting the parts clean, and the back of the leg is just one of the biggest and most visible places where that sloppiness gets put on display.

Ok thank you for the info! Better steal my girlfriends nail-file and get to smoothing it out :)

I broke out my HMR VF-1A Hikaru with Super aswell. Sprue marks minimal on that one but the tolerances not so good. When in fighter mode the arms do not want to stick together and also with the Super parts on, the left leg separates from the arm about 3mm but is flush on the right leg. Also the flap on the backpack is crooked on the hinges when in open position. Guess you get what you pay for :pardon: At least my DX VF-1's are perfect :hail:

p.s. How in the world does one fold the legs to the chest for gerwalk/fighter without removing the head?

24 minutes ago, theraiden said:

I broke out my HMR VF-1A Hikaru with Super aswell. Sprue marks minimal on that one but the tolerances not so good. When in fighter mode the arms do not want to stick together and also with the Super parts on, the left leg separates from the arm about 3mm but is flush on the right leg. Also the flap on the backpack is crooked on the hinges when in open position. Guess you get what you pay for :pardon: At least my DX VF-1's are perfect :hail:

p.s. How in the world does one fold the legs to the chest for gerwalk/fighter without removing the head?

You need to rotate the hip bar around the pivot on the swing arm such that it ends up behind the head.

28 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You need to rotate the hip bar around the pivot on the swing arm such that it ends up behind the head.

Tried that, every configuration possible. The back of the head seems to stick to much out for it to successfully go behind it

4 hours ago, theraiden said:

Tried that, every configuration possible. The back of the head seems to stick to much out for it to successfully go behind it

I know exactly what you're talking about. I own Hikaru's VF-1A and I had the same problem. The legs just won't push in behind the head because there isn't enough clearance due to the 1A's long head design. So what I do is tilt the nose slightly upward before pushing the legs behind the head. It gives just enough clearance to make it through. I think even the instructions mention this too.

image07.jpg

9 hours ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

I know exactly what you're talking about. I own Hikaru's VF-1A and I had the same problem. The legs just won't push in behind the head because there isn't enough clearance due to the 1A's long head design. So what I do is tilt the nose slightly upward before pushing the legs behind the head. It gives just enough clearance to make it through. I think even the instructions mention this too.

image07.jpg

Thank you! Tried this method and it worked great!

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Sigh, if only bandai added hardpoints to the VF-4.....

#Thingsiwishbandaiwoulddo

Ok, see, that's also a decent improvement over the Bandai paintscheme.  Extending the stripes all the way forward just looks so much better. Why couldn't they just do that? <_< 

37 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Re-issuing the Regult and Glaug would be welcome as well since finding them for a reasonable price is like searching for the holy grail.....

I find the Glaug fairly easy to find, but the Regults (especially the missile Regults) are waaaaaay tougher to get in a decent price range. A single Regult going from $160-$300+ is crazy- and the missile set going for $400 or more is nuts.

Seems like Bandai has been going in anime production order with their VF releases so maybe the next new VF mold will be a VF-11 or maybe YF-19? I hope both of those figures Bandai finds a way to fold in the handle for their gunpods. I can excuse having to swap the canopy/heatshield for the VF-1 and the landing gears too, but I don't see why we have to plug in the gunpod handle every time. Surely Bandai could've found a way to make it collapse.

1 minute ago, rocketblast said:

When is that Japan toy show coming up, the 25th of October? I forget. Will probably have to sift through this thread to find :)

Yep, this weekend.

TFCon is on then as well. Should be an interesting weekend for transforming toy news.

1 hour ago, rocketblast said:

When is that Japan toy show coming up, the 25th of October? I forget. Will probably have to sift through this thread to find :)

Starts this Friday JP. However sometimes bandai reserves new unveilings till Sunday.

And, its not a japan toy show but an event specific to bandai.

Edited by seti88