Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

If Bandai put some of those out I'd buy four or five of them.

Yeah, I'm worried they'll drop any further enemy mech releases in lieu of more VF repaints.

And though, I've tried to hold off, I might just then need to invest in a 3D printer and crafty with revoltech joints to get the toys I want.

16 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Well, I have now officially hopped on the HMR Bandwagon. So far i got the Hikaru VF-1A w/super, Roy's VF-1S w/Strike and the VF-1D.
What to buy next? Any HMR figure that you would consider "must buy" ?

It's a cliché at this point, but the non-transforming figures really are the star of the show.

I'm a fan of the enemy mecha in particular, but the destroids are fun too, especially the monster.

19 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Well, I have now officially hopped on the HMR Bandwagon. So far i got the Hikaru VF-1A w/super, Roy's VF-1S w/Strike and the VF-1D.

Yes, all the Destroids and enemy Mecha. Those are the true stars of the HMR line IMO.

26 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

It's a cliché at this point, but the non-transforming figures really are the star of the show.

I'm a fan of the enemy mecha in particular, but the destroids are fun too, especially the monster.

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yes, all the Destroids and enemy Mecha. Those are the true stars of the HMR line IMO.

I'm sold :) Looking for a reasonably priced Regult online. I was never a fan of the Glaug so i'll skip that.
Would you say this is a good deal on a Monster? https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/298618

58 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Monster

The problem on the Monster isn't the price, it's the shipping.

MSRP was 18000Yen, and it was available after release at MSRP for a loooooooong time.

As to must-haves:

Glaug

Regult

Spartan

Defender

Monster

VF-1J Armored (though the aftermarket on this one's a bit ridiculous, looking at $200)

Edited by Sanity is Optional

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

MSRP was 18000Yen, and it was available after release at MSRP for a loooooooong time.

I got mine from Mandrake and to lessen the blow of shipping picked up some other smaller items. Like HMR's.

30 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

+1 Couldn't agree more!!!

Bring on the rest of the Destroids and enemy Mecha.

I wish I had been around for the enemy Mecha PO. I want a small army of those guys. But that's cost prohibitive now. Hopefully they re-release.

Glaug is my favorite of the line.  Monster is probably 3rd.  2nd is likely the VF-4, they took the Yamato and made it smaller and sturdier.  VF-1's are cool and all, but so many of (basically) the same thing and I got a bit jaded.

I still love the HM Max best of the VF-1 series.  Bandai nailed the blue color back then.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I wish I had been around for the enemy Mecha PO. I want a small army of those guys. But that's cost prohibitive now. Hopefully they re-release.

Bandai should reissue the Regults, the set or the regular one.

On 10/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, sh9000 said:

I would buy just 1 Bandai Q-Rau.

Just kidding.

Glad someone got the other VF-1S Roy at Amiami.  I was going to get it but decided to let someone have it.

Who are you kidding?  You're going to recreate the Miria and Max scene with a whole squad of QRau's.  Ha ha

If they make a missile set for Miria that would be a blast!

On 10/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

As to must-haves:

Glaug

Regult

Spartan

Defender

Monster

VF-1J Armored (though the aftermarket on this one's a bit ridiculous, looking at $200)

+1

On 10/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, theraiden said:

I'm sold :) Looking for a reasonably priced Regult online. I was never a fan of the Glaug so i'll skip that.
Would you say this is a good deal on a Monster? https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/298618

Glaug is the best toy in terms of quality, build, articulation/size.  See the youtube reviews like @jenius and you'll see.  it's better than the Regult, which is also very nice.  Both these toys can shrink into parking mode, and stretch into crazy poses.  The quality is like DX Chogokin and the size is similar (for the Glaug) but the price is not so high like the Regult.  The Regult is similar in size to the HMR valks but quality feels nicer, but the Regult price is high.

The spartan isn't my favorite ground mech, but the toy is better than the defender, which I prefer the art/design.  Both these are available for a decent price.

The Monster bigger and heavier than most of the toys in my collection.  It's also very articulated, and lots of metal.  It's a chogokin.  It's on sale a lot.  But the shipping is expensive because the box is 2/3 size of a copy paper box.

The armored vf1j and strike 1s are nice.  

Edited by beatsing

7 hours ago, beatsing said:

Who are you kidding?  You're going to recreate the Miria and Max scene with a whole squad of QRau's.  Ha ha

If they make a missile set for Miria that would be a blast!

True.  ;)  I like the army builders.

7 hours ago, beatsing said:

+1

Glaug is the best toy in terms of quality, build, articulation/size.  See the youtube reviews like @jenius and you'll see.  it's better than the Regult, which is also very nice.  Both these toys can shrink into parking mode, and stretch into crazy poses.  The quality is like DX Chogokin and the size is similar (for the Glaug) but the price is not so high like the Regult.  The Regult is similar in size to the HMR valks but quality feels nicer, but the Regult price is high.

The spartan isn't my favorite ground mech, but the toy is better than the defender, which I prefer the art/design.  Both these are available for a decent price.

The Monster bigger and heavier than most of the toys in my collection.  It's also very articulated, and lots of metal.  It's a chogokin.  It's on sale a lot.  But the shipping is expensive because the box is 2/3 size of a copy paper box.

The armored vf1j and strike 1s are nice.  

Thanks for your input! Yeah the VF-1J Armored looks really nice but the cheapest i could find it is 28000 yen (https://www.nippon-yasan.com/11965-hi-metal-r-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie.html&force=1) wich is waaaay to much for a HMR figure

I got a Strike VF-1S Roy thanks to a tip from DewPoint. I'm gonna get a Superostrich (http://www.anime-export.com/product/42158) But i'm still on the hunt for a reasonably priced Regult, if anyone knows of one do tell :) I already have a Monster on the way and more Macross stuff, so i'm gonna give my wallet a break for a while and pick up the other Destroids later :)

Edited by theraiden

7 minutes ago, theraiden said:

Thanks for your input! Yeah the VF-1J Armored looks really nice but the cheapest i could find it is 28000 yen (https://www.nippon-yasan.com/11965-hi-metal-r-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie.html&force=1) wich is waaaay to much for a HMR figure

I got a Strike VF-1S Roy thanks to a tip from DewPoint. I found this Regult (http://www.anime-export.com/product/44496) and i'm probably gonna pick it up
Also a Superostrich (http://www.anime-export.com/product/42158) wich i'll probably get as well with the Regult. I already have a Monster on the way and more Macross stuff, so i'm gonna give my wallet a break for a while and pick up the other Destroids later :)

There’s an opened Armored Valkyrie for 18000 JPY at Mandarake.  Less expensive but still higher than original price.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1110296069&ref=dos&keyword=hi-metal&lang=en

The Regult you linked sold out.

5 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

There’s an opened Armored Valkyrie for 18000 JPY at Mandarake.  Less expensive but still higher than original price.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1110296069&ref=dos&keyword=hi-metal&lang=en

The Regult you linked sold out.

Thank you! I'll maybe pick that one up. But, i tried ordering something on mandarake the other day and i ran into a problem in checkout, seemed as i couldn't input an address outside Japan and also did not understand all the info boxes you have to fill in when ordering. Does ordering from Mandarake require a Proxy service?

1 hour ago, theraiden said:

Thank you! I'll maybe pick that one up. But, i tried ordering something on mandarake the other day and i ran into a problem in checkout, seemed as i couldn't input an address outside Japan and also did not understand all the info boxes you have to fill in when ordering. Does ordering from Mandarake require a Proxy service?

No. Make sure to change the language to English, though 

3 hours ago, theraiden said:

I've spent thousands with Mandarake, shipped to California.

Keep in mind that they will not accept credit cards from some regions (including California). However, after I'd bought a few things from them they let me start using my CC.

Also their address input has issues registering my home address (rejects it), so that might also be your issue. Try a different address, such as a family member or a work address if you can receive mail at work.

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I've spent thousands with Mandarake, shipped to California.

Keep in mind that they will not accept credit cards from some regions (including California). However, after I'd bought a few things from them they let me start using my CC.

Also their address input has issues registering my home address (rejects it), so that might also be your issue. Try a different address, such as a family member or a work address if you can receive mail at work.

I'll try that, thanks!

4 hours ago, theraiden said:

Once you change the language to English, double check the address when filling out, some area will auto fill once a zip is entered .  You do not need a proxy to get it for you unless you are banned from them.

Soooo i went ahead and unboxed the first one of my HMR's, VF-1D to be exact. Very happy with the figure, articulation, transformation etc, except for one thing....
Sprue marks on the back of the leg and thigh. Pretty big marks as well and very noticeable. Is this common on the HMR VF-1's or did i get a lemon?