Hi-Metal R

joppewo

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Not really interested in this Regult "add-on"....but I would be interested in semi-cannon stuff as seen in the various Variable Fighter Masterfiles Books...also, pick up one of these...tons of ideas for VF-1 Valkyries...

hobby_handbook_front.jpg

I love that book.

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

This is why I believe the Phalanx will be released before the Tomahawk.  We will all get the Phalanx to calm us down as we wait for the Tomahawk.  Otherwise some may just skip the Phalanx if the Tomahawk is released first.

So  after a long period of starvation we may get thrown some skin while we wait for a bone,

But the juicy meat (Queaedluun-Rau, Nousjadeul-Ger, Regult Scout inter alia) Bandai seemingly has no intention to release.:spiteful:

Reading some of the comments regarding the paint scheme for the upcoming VF-4....Macross lore aside, it looks fine to me, you can still customise the first one to get the 'proper' screen appearance scheme. Heck as far as HMR are concerned they would've released it in apple green, I would've preordered one anyway. Don't want the line to die and will support it as much as possible. Not many toys are fun to play with nowadays. Ex: got that Heavy Metal Action Tetsujin 28... sure it's a beauty, a 2kg + of die-cast insanity. Hands down the best toy I bought this year, but is it fun to 'play' with?. Same with Bandai's Macross Frontiers,Deltas, look good but don't bother transforming them more than 2/3 times, you'll end up with scratches & stress marks everywhere ....Good thing I hardly transform any of my 1/60 VF's. Sure HMR aren't perfect but for the price, you really can't go wrong. (If you followed the line since day one of course, now that they're all in scalper's hands it'll be more expensive for some to get the entire line new factory sealed)

So even though Bandai are milking their molds, it's definitely not as bad as Arcadia's f'ckd up prices slammed onto every re-releases with tampo prints all over them. They just do that to stay afloat and pay their staff, otherwise, not sure they'd still be around considering their current price tags and limited 'new' pieces.

As far as the Destroids...Where? When? How? Want! That and all the stuff they announced at that 1st HMR display booth years ago. Bring it on, the SDF-1 bridge and VF launchers too while you're at it. I'd pay 2 years in adavance upfront if they want B))...

Anyway, just my 2 cents, don't bite my head off, and a lime green 4G would most definitely kick ass right?...right...:lol:

Also, if you mix & match the 2 HMR VF-4G, you can have the 'proper' Flashback version....:lol:

I was starting to regret having paid upfront for it but NY are now sold out...(not that it means much with them), but they didn't add some more stocks at an inflated price as they usually do. Maybe closer to the release date...or tomorrow for ¥12k <_<

3 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Reading some of the comments regarding the paint scheme for the upcoming VF-4....Macross lore aside, it looks fine to me, you can still customise the first one to get the 'proper' screen appearance scheme. Heck as far as HMR are concerned they would've released it in apple green, I would've preordered one anyway. Don't want the line to die and will support it as much as possible. Not many toys are fun to play with nowadays. Ex: got that Heavy Metal Action Tetsujin 28... sure it's a beauty, a 2kg + of die-cast insanity. Hands down the best toy I bought this year, but is it fun to 'play' with?. Same with Bandai's Macross Frontiers,Deltas, look good but don't bother transforming them more than 2/3 times, you'll end up with scratches & stress marks everywhere ....Good thing I hardly transform any of my 1/60 VF's. Sure HMR aren't perfect but for the price, you really can't go wrong. (If you followed the line since day one of course, now that they're all in scalper's hands it'll be more expensive for some to get the entire line new factory sealed)

So even though Bandai are milking their molds, it's definitely not as bad as Arcadia's f'ckd up prices slammed onto every re-releases with tampo prints all over them. They just do that to stay afloat and pay their staff, otherwise, not sure they'd still be around considering their current price tags and limited 'new' pieces.

What are you talking about?  Their first release was already the proper Flashback scheme.

Also, if you're constantly scratching and stressing your 31's then you're doing something wrong.

Yes, companies make things to pay their staff and stay in business.  Arcadia are not a giant like Bandai.

Was focused on Star Wars Triple Force Friday this weekend, and I wasn't paying attention to the Roy VF-4 pre-orders.  I usually try to go with HLJ as their prices are reasonable for the products and shipping and have a good pre-order policy in that it's easy to cancel it if I change my mind.  I went with Amazon Japan on this one since HLJ is on Order Stop now for this.  Amazon was just a little more than HLJ, but Amazon's shipping is always reasonable.

Last time I got lucky with the original VF-4 and managed to snag one on HLJ when 1 popped into stock.

Also, an FYI on Amazon Japan.  Their pre-order policy on this particular item is that you can cancel a pre-order up to Jan 19, 2020

Edited by sharky

10 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Reading some of the comments regarding the paint scheme for the upcoming VF-4....Macross lore aside, it looks fine to me, you can still customise the first one to get the 'proper' screen appearance scheme. Heck as far as HMR are concerned they would've released it in apple green, I would've preordered one anyway. 

An apple green VF-4 would make an interesting Acid Storm crossover, actually. :lol: 

My personal issue with the paint scheme is that it's just not very pleasing to the eye.  They tried to mimic some specific elements of Roy's original paint scheme, but copied them in a way that isn't complementary to the design.  The colors don't bug me, but the way the fuselage pin-striping just ends bluntly does, and the dual-level yellow cap on the tail just looks off to me.  I love the black wing stripes, but wish they had continued them all the way inboard of the tails, rather than painting the entire intake section.

Again, it's just me, but it just looks like they were so busy checking off boxes on the "looks like a Roy paintscheme" list that they didn't consider whether it actually looks good.  Messer's VF-1 was the same way.. they hit all the design cues... on a fighter design that doesn't compliment any of them, and just looks awkward.

Like, imagine buying car body art meant for a Camaro, and applying it to a Mustang.  Maybe it's a cool design... but nothing fits.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 10/6/2019 at 7:47 PM, optimuspint said:

We have a lot of destroid and valk stuff planned and are open to suggestions.

It would be cool if you guys can make TV arm armor.  I have 4 custom sets but wouldn’t mind some in stronger material.

9 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Thanks for the tip, i snagged it :)
Just wondering though, "ITEM B", do you think there's a chance of yellowing with B items?

And also, they have another one even cheaper: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-019039-R  13,440 yen
I missed that one until after i ordered the more expensive one :P