Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Well, that's how a business stays in business.;)

Oh yes... bandai is an old pro at this ;)

Just now, mechaninac said:

Bandai failing to get my moolah...

awww....*bandai adds on a lil extra $ on the next HMR* :p

but in the end...vote with your wallets!:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I like it the new head unit but that paint scheme... I think it would look better if the brown parts were grey like the feet. 

Lets see how that might look like....

3.thumb.jpg.c60ed71525cbe89d523c2959516ebbe3.jpg

not too bad, looking more intimidating..

Or is bandai perhaps thinking for the general market, brighter colors would be more attractive?

i like the frame more grey i must say..still getting one tho...

Edited by seti88

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

1.jpg.3870cf1414c7edcca082e81b834a227d.jpg

I like this idea.

2.thumb.jpg.6e502ab0865f96c764ab01d3157171bc.jpg

I’ll probably customize Battroid mode differently.  Paint some parts to grey.  Not sure if I’ll leave the feet black or also paint them grey.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Lets see how that might look like....

3.thumb.jpg.c60ed71525cbe89d523c2959516ebbe3.jpg

not too bad, looking more intimidating..

Or is bandai perhaps thinking for the general market, brighter colors would be more attractive?

i like the frame more grey i must say..still getting one tho...

^ ^ ^ This! ^ ^^ 

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

I had similar tots on the black wing area, so i did a minor adjustments on what perhaps it would look like.

Made the chest area a little more matching with the base color, and adjusted the thigh stripes to be yellow.

1.jpg.3870cf1414c7edcca082e81b834a227d.jpg2.thumb.jpg.6e502ab0865f96c764ab01d3157171bc.jpg

Perhaps flows a bit better, but bandai's scheme isnt a major issue for me. 

Am still loving it either way! ;)

Very nice! They both look good but I do prefer this version haha

All this talk about colors all the time. It’s funny, I can’t imagine a situation where a fighter pilot is going out to battle and says something like, “I wish that stripe was grey instead of brown”, or, “oh my gosh, my Valk doesn’t match with the other ones”, or, “damn, why does it have a slight pink hue to it?”

Ok, maybe that last one could happen. :p

The only comment I've ever heard, for real-world pilots caring about stripe-colors on fighter jets, was for this:

ced48251reviewrk_refpic.jpg

I can't remember if it was Iraq or Afghanistan, but before the operation's first strike, it seems some of the pilots didn't want to be the one assigned that plane, as they thought the bright stripes would make them more visible/get shot down.   So the squadron's female XO(CO?) decided to take it, and lead the formation in it, flying up front, ahead of all the guys in the squadron.  :)  

25 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

The only comment I've ever heard, for real-world pilots caring about stripe-colors on fighter jets, was for this:

ced48251reviewrk_refpic.jpg

I can't remember if it was Iraq or Afghanistan, but before the operation's first strike, it seems some of the pilots didn't want to be the one assigned that plane, as they thought the bright stripes would make them more visible/get shot down.   So the squadron's female XO(CO?) decided to take it, and lead the formation in it, flying up front, ahead of all the guys in the squadron.  :)  

Lol! The important part is...did she get shot down?:D

The only thing i want to know about this VF-4 is...

WHERE ARE MY TOMAHAWKS BANDAI?

It is not funny, just finish the line, please! Or else....

I will :cray:

Edited by vlenhoff
Well, not right now, I need to get the money for them first.

Been a while since I've played with my VF-1A. Good to see the black paint still rubs off easily. The VF-1 looks cool with the missiles in Battroid mode although I wish Bandai made the micromissiles either a little smaller or moved the hard points a little more over towards the edges of the wings. Makes posing them in Battroid a little awkward. Really hoping Bandai announces their VF-0s soon. I like the VF-1 but the Phoenix was always cooler to me and plus it'd be great to not have to pull out the heat shield every time you want to transform to Battroid!

VF-1A_battroid_micromissiles.jpg

22 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Very nice @seti88.

6C12D6DC-CE6D-4D63-BAA8-DD39C78EFB29.jpeg.2a8a7f041c9b0cc159485a73911d558c.jpeg

I was thinking more of something like this for the chest and also paint the parts on the head grey.

That's a nice clean look.

I must say the VF-4 is really ideal to custom, more so than the VF-1, due to the many elements in a VF-4.

For example from a couple of years back...https://www.deviantart.com/talos56/gallery/7626781/VF-4-Lightning-III

vf_4_dyrl_roy_by_talos56_d1rfz1z-fullview.jpg.4db8460e4b2f6a0295035f008b1167e2.jpg

vf_4_angelbirds_by_talos56_d1r2gbn-fullview.jpg.3f304a5f33d37cb9e988891752f5a66a.jpg

20 hours ago, Slave IV said:

All this talk about colors all the time. It’s funny, I can’t imagine a situation where a fighter pilot is going out to battle and says something like, “I wish that stripe was grey instead of brown”, or, “oh my gosh, my Valk doesn’t match with the other ones”, or, “damn, why does it have a slight pink hue to it?”

Ok, maybe that last one could happen. :p

I treat each valk scheme as its own art style. I might wish for details here/there are changed, but it wont stop me from getting a valk if i really like the valk itself.
Its an art piece as much as it is a fighter jet, to me, anyway :lol: ;)

Though on a pink hue, its more of a material color than a scheme, so i am kinda annoyed at that.

1 hour ago, ErikElvis said:

So is the Roy vf-4 the only himetal shown at that toy fest that was suppose to happen soon?

So far roy vf-4 is confirmed, but the actual tamashii event hasnt started yet, so you will never know if there would be more.

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

I treat each valk scheme as its own art style. I might wish for details here/there are changed, but it wont stop me from getting a valk if i really like the valk itself.

Though on a pink hue, its more of a material color than a scheme, so i am kinda annoyed at that.

Yeah, that’s how I see it too. I can appreciate each one for what it is and have no need for one to match others. That’s why I don’t care if some are PF, weathered, different shades of white, rainbow canopied or from different makes. They all have their appeal to me and look good together. The only thing I do like to do is keep similar scale together and that’s mainly because I can because I have so many of each scale. 

Right now, my most wanted Valk from anyone is Max’s 1S. Hope HMR comes through. Also love to see more 19s and 21s. 

That's a nice clean look.

I must say the VF-4 is really ideal to custom, more so than the VF-1, due to the many elements in a VF-4.

For example from a couple of years back...https://www.deviantart.com/talos56/gallery/7626781/VF-4-Lightning-III

vf_4_dyrl_roy_by_talos56_d1rfz1z-fullview.jpg.4db8460e4b2f6a0295035f008b1167e2.jpg

vf_4_angelbirds_by_talos56_d1r2gbn-fullview.jpg.3f304a5f33d37cb9e988891752f5a66a.jpg

35A9A835-CFC2-4BA0-870C-DE4D6B171E50.thumb.jpeg.4aad54300dfaff9dfa0f63dc7fb74a0b.jpeg

I like this too.

2 hours ago, technoblue said:

Now to cross fingers and hope Bandai has even more news to share in October.  

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Hope HMR comes through. Also love to see more 19s and 21s. 

Same here.

2 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Angel bird vf4 would be sick looking at those pics above. Was never into it with the vf1’s

An Angel Birds scheme would be cool.

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

HMR YF-21 please Bandai :)

Yes.

Ooo. If Bandai must do more Vf-4 repaints after Roy, then I would be head over heels for a VF-4 brownie or angel birds scheme. 

Just looking at the pictures above, I think those would get me to buy in on multiples of this Valkyrie more so than any Max/Milia repaints. But that's just me.

I love the paint scheme on the Roy VF-4 and will definitely be getting one. I especially like the updated head, I always thought the head on the 4G was unusually bland. If they do make a cannon fodder VF-4, I wonder if they'd give it an existing head or commission a new one from Kawamori.

As for more Destroids, I'm sure Bandai's response to that would be: "If you want more Destroids, then you should've bought more Destroids! Except for you sh9000, we love you. :D"

13 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I love the paint scheme on the Roy VF-4 and will definitely be getting one. I especially like the updated head, I always thought the head on the 4G was unusually bland. If they do make a cannon fodder VF-4, I wonder if they'd give it an existing head or commission a new one from Kawamori.

As for more Destroids, I'm sure Bandai's response to that would be: "If you want more Destroids, then you should've bought more Destroids! Except for you sh9000, we love you. :D"

I want a buy 7, get 1 free offer.