Hi-Metal R

joppewo

50 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Are HMR releases like DX releases and you have little chance of getting in on a pre order?

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Most are pretty easy to grab, but the occasional hot item means it's best to act quickly.

Yeah, I wouldn’t hesitate. There have been several that were preorder madness levels where if you slipped, you missed. Granted the markup may not be much or at all after release on some, you are guaranteeing preorder discount price if you are on the ball. 

So quick question for anyone who might know, was the finish/color on the older Hi-Metal VF-1A Hikaru the same as the newer Hi-Metal R VF-1A Hikaru? I have the Hi-Metal R with armor parts, and I used to have the whole VF-1A DYRL Hi-Metal box set, but sold those long ago so I can't compare. Outside of new announcements, I might want to grab an older Hi-Metal 1A Kaki and Max to go with my Hi-Metal R 1A Hikaru. 

27 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

So quick question for anyone who might know, was the finish/color on the older Hi-Metal VF-1A Hikaru the same as the newer Hi-Metal R VF-1A Hikaru? I have the Hi-Metal R with armor parts, and I used to have the whole VF-1A DYRL Hi-Metal box set, but sold those long ago so I can't compare. Outside of new announcements, I might want to grab an older Hi-Metal 1A Kaki and Max to go with my Hi-Metal R 1A Hikaru. 

The old Hikaru Skull VF-1A is a different shade. It's more off-white when compared to the greyish HM-R.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=8199#more-8199

Take a look here to judge for yourself.

He's got a great site that I reference often, and he has some great comparisons, but not exactly what I was looking for. 

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

The old Hikaru Skull VF-1A is a different shade. It's more off-white when compared to the greyish HM-R.

Thanks. Sounds close, I may grab just an old DYRL Kaki 1A for now to see how I like him with Hi-Metal R DYRL Hikaru 1A. 

I honestly didn't do much for the HMR Hikaru VF-1A because I assumed we'd be getting Max and Kakizaki's DYRL VF-1A toys shortly there after and it'd be more fun to review them and shoot them together.... but obviously I guessed wrong.

The color difference is the same as it was for Roy/Hikaru though:

HMR-Hikaru-VF-1S-8B.jpg

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

I honestly didn't do much for the HMR Hikaru VF-1A because I assumed we'd be getting Max and Kakizaki's DYRL VF-1A toys shortly there after and it'd be more fun to review them and shoot them together.... but obviously I guessed wrong.

The color difference is the same as it was for Roy/Hikaru though:

HMR-Hikaru-VF-1S-8B.jpg

I was/am hoping so too, so maybe I'll wait for this upcoming event and whatever announcements it may hold before I bite.

Thank you for this though, I was trying to see specifically how the old Hi-Metal DYRL colors compared to the Hi-Metal R DYRL colors. If I remember right that original Hi-Metal Roy was TV not DYRL right? I don't remember the in-hand color for the older DYRL Hi-Metal 1As. 

44 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I was/am hoping so too, so maybe I'll wait for this upcoming event and whatever announcements it may hold before I bite.

Thank you for this though, I was trying to see specifically how the old Hi-Metal DYRL colors compared to the Hi-Metal R DYRL colors. If I remember right that original Hi-Metal Roy was TV not DYRL right? I don't remember the in-hand color for the older DYRL Hi-Metal 1As. 

Actually the Hi-Metal VF-1S Focker is a DYRL release (came with strike parts) so the 1As are color matched to it. That's why Kakizaki came with the four pack box:

Bandai-Hi-Metal-VF-1A-9.jpg

The lighting and sea of white is tricky but here's the group shot:

Bandai-Hi-Metal-VF-1A-3A.jpg

Hikaru 1J is brighter white.

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Actually the Hi-Metal VF-1S Focker is a DYRL release (came with strike parts) so the 1As are color matched to it. That's why Kakizaki came with the four pack box:

The lighting and sea of white is tricky but here's the group shot:

Hikaru 1J is brighter white.

35 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The HM VF-1S is not a TV VF-1S but it can be easily converted into one.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll wait on my purchases for now, that color is quite a ways off what Hi-Metal R did for their DYRL colors. My memory is pretty bad, I had that Roy release and all three 1As and I couldn't remember the color at all, and I never took photos for some reason. 

Anyone want a HMR Glaug?

Amiami has one for grabs at 10,780 yen (Box B, Item A)

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-015945-R

Edit Regult is here as well for 13,780 yen (Item A , Box B)

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-014125-R

Silvies 2ss for 11,980k (12k yen) (Item A, Box B)

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-031222-R

Edited by borgified

That Destroid Monster that has been tempting me on Manda for the past two weeks finally sold. My wallet thanks whichever of you SOBs that nabbed it! There is also a GBP-1J out there that I wish someone would grab before I have a 1/2 bottle of Jameson in me one evening and finally bring him home to his forever family.

Side note: I finally broke down and snagged the Super Ozma armor with the "musty smell" that has been out there for longer - That concludes my foray into Frontier for 2019 (next year all bets are off, though!)

Edited by Grimgerde

4 hours ago, Grimgerde said:

That Destroid Monster that has been tempting me on Manda for the past two weeks finally sold. My wallet thanks whichever of you SOBs that nabbed it! There is also a GBP-1J out there that I wish someone would grab before I have a 1/2 bottle of Jameson in me one evening and finally bring him home to his forever family.

I've been eyeballing that for a while too.....

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You like big stuff right? You absolutely NEED the HMR Monster. It is an SOC level toy in build, quality and size. Just happens to scale nicely with all your HMR Valks and Mecha. 

I know right! I've been himmin and hawin about a Monster. That was a great deal too. Drat.