Hi-Metal R

joppewo

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

When did the HMR's come out? Did they only produce them for a short period of time? Or do they continue to produce them?

The Hi-Metal line has ended.

The Hi-Metal R line is a reboot of the Hi-Metal line and is ongoing, and there are several releases each year. Check out anymoon.com for the various release dates.

The most recent release was the VF-4, while the earliest releases were re-workings of the original Hi-Metal VF-1 designs.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The Hi-Metal line has ended.

The Hi-Metal R line is a reboot of the Hi-Metal line and is ongoing, and there are several releases each year. Check out anymoon.com for the various release dates.

The most recent release was the VF-4, while the earliest releases were re-workings of the original Hi-Metal VF-1 designs.

Roger that. Are they continuing to produce/produce again stuff like VF-1S Fockers w/ S&S parts from time to time? Or do they just release new models? 

Edited by sqidd

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Roger that. Are they continuing to produce/produce again stuff like VF-1S Fockers w/ S&S parts from time to time? Or do they just release new models? 

You can see the full line here.  They haven't really done re-releases.  The VF-1S Focker got sort of a double release (but not a re-release).  The Regults were kind of, sort of reissued, but with new markings and accessories. 

Re-issues aren't really a thing with the HMR line, so I wouldn't count on it.   

Just now, HardlyNever said:

You can see the full line here.  They haven't really done re-releases.  The VF-1S Focker got sort of a double release (but not a re-release).  The Regults were kind of, sort of reissued, but with new markings and accessories. 

Re-issues aren't really a thing with the HMR line, so I wouldn't count on it.   

That's what I was wondering....and not articulating correctly. Thank you!

Bandai rarely re-releases any of their figures, some might get a second slightly changed release (like VF-31F TV release vs 31F movie release), but actually releasing the same exact figure twice is rare enough to be newsworthy (see: metal-build evangelion unit 01).

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Bandai rarely re-releases any of their figures, some might get a second slightly changed release (like VF-31F TV release vs 31F movie release), but actually releasing the same exact figure twice is rare enough to be newsworthy (see: metal-build evangelion unit 01).

Ok, so if I want stuff that is out there now. That's all I get to choose from. Got it. I need to snap some of these up. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Ok, so if I want stuff that is out there now. That's all I get to choose from. Got it. I need to snap some of these up. Thanks!

Nothing wrong with sitting and waiting on thing that have been out a while. Recent releases will probably get more expensive over time (HMR VF-4), but older releases like the Roy VF-1S HMR has been relatively stable. No downside to waiting for one to pop up on Mandarake or for sale on this forum.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

@sqidd look at the posting above about Mandarake with HMR under a certain price.  The Spartan/Archer had a lot of metal in it and feels quality, but hasn't gone up in price much.  The regults are similar in quality and metal, but have shot up in price.  The glaug/marauder is good quality, but hasn't gone up too much in price.  The destroid monster/longtom is good quality and heavy, if you have the space.  The VF-4 is nice if you like the design.  The VF-1 HMR are all variations of the same upgraded design of the HM design.  These are very durable toys, and many peeps on this board have dropped them no damage.  Kids can play and not break these.  Much better quality than Toynami etc.

Peeps like them because this line is extensive including enemy mecha and destroids, that aren't produced in the 1/60 or 1/48 scale.  Those scales produce much higher quality and more expensive VF  but fragile though.  These scales and pricing isn't for kids.  

3 hours ago, fifbeat said:

One of these days I'll get a display case and actually open them. :) (there's a Arcadia Premium Finish SDF in the top right hand corner, which is in a black box). 

All those boxes look great together. Seems the only one you're missing is the VF-1S Messer (which is skippable, in my opinion).

If we're talking future releases, my top most wanted would be:

1. Tomahawk
2. VF-1A Max
3. VF-1S Roy/Hikaru TV version
4. Q-Rau TV version
5. VF-1A Armored

Nousjadeul-Ger TV and DYRL

Queadluun-Rau TV and DYRL

Phalanx

Tomahawk

Scout Regult

I am going to side with @Ignacio Ocamica on this one.

Bandai should sell stand adaptors and gunpods separately. How can we get Shapeways to do this? 

Did the HM armor they sold separately includes a gunpod? I want a gunpod for my extra VE-1, when in naked fighter mode..

Edited by vlenhoff

Mine spans across the top shelf and I have boxes with my VT-1s and VE-1s in various places in the room.  It's nice to be grown up and be able to get all this stuff.  When I was a kid, I was so young I didn't know what this stuff was called so I didn't know how to ask for it (what I mean is, the 1/55 Bandai valkyries and whatever else).