Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

058736D2-B2D4-4F70-85FC-52F19B2AD7CA.thumb.jpeg.1eb7a4099bc3b17a534d1431e8874838.jpeg

2E8544EC-D6D8-487F-A1AD-9EA3A170E4E9.thumb.jpeg.027936d6326478007dc0ac1d49b3d55c.jpeg

98AE1D1E-755D-43AB-9186-36B8E01F63EF.thumb.jpeg.ce9348ceabf1ed9df749b0ee8b82b951.jpeg

I learned that the top half of the Regult can easily detach and I’ve ordered the necessary top half of the Scout.  I’ll soon have a correctly scaled Scout in my HMR collection.

Arg, wish someone had one for sale, the one i was eyeballing at jungle hot snipped...

4 hours ago, Penguin sushi said:

Arg, wish someone had one for sale, the one i was eyeballing at jungle hot snipped...

Of all my HMR related regrets, this is by far my biggest.  God I hope Bandai does another run of them.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

What are you ordering for the Scout? Model kit?

An HMR scaled Scout from Plastic Cretins.  The top half will attach to HMR legs.

97C9AF10-E94F-491F-AF64-1F7170BF0699.jpeg.b8231db3ea162921677222dc8bae6352.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

20 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

An HMR scaled Scout from Plastic Cretins.  The top half will attach to HMR legs.

97C9AF10-E94F-491F-AF64-1F7170BF0699.jpeg.b8231db3ea162921677222dc8bae6352.jpeg

Very interesting! I got no time to deal with painting and all that so I'll just wait for HMR if they ever release one. I'm sure they will eventually.

Took me couple of hours just figuring out how to place the three HMRs on the Trident stand (I have three more in storage)

My idea was to put the VE-1 in the front and have Strike Roy and Silvie's Vf-2ss on the back, however it didn't work out, Had to settle with this instead.

Silvie's 2ss in fighter mode is back heavy..

DSC01540.jpg

On 6/15/2019 at 6:30 PM, CHAVAKAISER said:

W.i.p

to Hm-r launch arm

Maybe 1/60

And 1/48 :shok:

received_336641707030502.png

Haha.. Looks like you copied my design.  But you copied my mistake as well. :(

The launch arm direction should be reversed (or the signal should be on the other side) I realized after I printed on my case.

That's one of the things I'm revising on my model ATM

*Edit: I realized the left and right side launch arm would be different and direction would be mirrored, so both cases are possible.

Edited by kyekye

12 hours ago, seti88 said:

i dont know where to put this.....

i melted when i saw it...

What the story with the toy?  Any more information on if that is actually how it was made versus being customized to look like a Phalanx?

If that is actually how it was made/sold, that factory needs to open up an aliexpress storefront stat! 

1 minute ago, Mazinger said:

What the story with the toy?  Any more information on if that is actually how it was made versus being customized to look like a Phalanx?

If that is actually how it was made/sold, that factory needs to open up an aliexpress storefront stat! 

I don't know anything about it, but it looks like a KO/bootleg of some kind.  It says "Warrior" on it (instead of phalanx, I guess), but is sporting the UN Spacy kite for some reason.

As cool as it is, these forums would have a collective meltdown if that were released as an official product, as it is pretty far off from what a phalanx is actually supposed to look like.

9 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

It’s actually a toy sold, reading from the comments...where to find it is the question...

14 hours ago, borgified said:

Anyone want a HMR Gluag?

Maybe the last unit from Amiami and a bit cheaper than Jungle at 10,780 yen (Item A, Box B)

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-015945-R

Got mine from amiami a little bit ago, but i am loving jungle.

Jungle had a regult in and i had to jump on it. 

19 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Someone needs to do one of these at 1/100-ish.....

It would be the mother of all Macross HMR dioramas.... 

710x528_12872614_8105754_1459349027.jpg

By my calculations, it would take up about a square meter at that scale...

You've have to toss out that low-res junk and start over, I think.

Truly wish I had the luxury of only putting a few HMR per Detolf's shelf. Took that pic early May, that's the best I managed to do cramming-wise , (the VF-4,other Macross 7 Hi Metal and the non-VF stuff couldn't fit on the same shelf). The monster also had to be displayed outside with all the other stuff that are just too big. As for the new 1/48 line, as much as I loved the 1st release, decided to skip the upcoming releases (maybe when they get to the Elint etc). I still have all my old 1/48 Yammies and cannot be asked to sell everything (for peanuts...) in order to replace them with the latest Bandai 1/48 offerings. As much as I love the engineering  weight and chunkiness of it, don't feel the need for yet more 1/48. Aside from my old 1/48 Yammies, the bulk of my 'modern' Macross collection are all 1/60. (Plus I need to keep cash for all non-Macross stuff).

Rambling aside, I really hope we haven't reached the end of the HMR line, would've also loved to see a lot more. I mean Studio Half Eye have been doing them for years, don't see why Bandai couldn't give us more variety in that scale considering the progress made in toy engineering . Feels like Bandai plans to milk the 1/48 molds and in the process gradually slowing down (or dropping off ) the HMR in order be able to start working on the upcoming Macross series (after yet another Delta movie *sigh*)

IMG_8979.JPG