Hi-Metal R

joppewo

19 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

^ ^ ^ Now, that's what i call a group shot! ^^^ 

So much Variety! I like them all, but that F-15 is just sexy to me. Great collection SH9000!

Also, thanks so much for a fantastic deal!

Thanks @vlenhoff!

17 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Great pic! What brand are the "normal aircraft"?

Thanks!  The normal aircraft are all from Hachette Air Fighters Collection except the F-117 which is from DeAgostini Air Combat Collection.

On 5/27/2019 at 3:10 PM, sh9000 said:

Thanks @vlenhoff!

Thanks!  The normal aircraft are all from Hachette Air Fighters Collection except the F-117 which is from DeAgostini Air Combat Collection.

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip.  You mentioned about the Hachette collection when I asked a couple of months ago.  The newest releases are easy to pick up on Amazon Japan.  Today in fact, I just got in my first one.  It's the no. 27 release (an F-14D).  I really like it.  I got the most recent F-4 coming soon, and I think I'll order the latest F-15 they put out.  Anything older is only being sold by 3rd party sellers for higher prices.  I wish I had known about them a long time ago, as I missed the boat on some of the other jets.  But, I see that they seem to do the same jets in different paint schemes.  No. 28 will be an A-10 with a 2 tone green/grey paint scheme.  Very reasonably priced when you pick up the newer releases for MSRP.

I have a larger scaled F-14 and A-10 on display.  While they are really nice, they do take up a lot of space in my Detolf cabinet.  I'll put them away and put in these 1/100 scale models to replace them.

I also have my eye on some 1/100 helicopters as well.  :D

1 hour ago, sharky said:

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip.  You mentioned about the Hachette collection when I asked a couple of months ago.  The newest releases are easy to pick up on Amazon Japan.  Today in fact, I just got in my first one.  It's the no. 27 release (an F-14D).  I really like it.  I got the most recent F-4 coming soon, and I think I'll order the latest F-15 they put out.  Anything older is only being sold by 3rd party sellers for higher prices.  I wish I had known about them a long time ago, as I missed the boat on some of the other jets.  But, I see that they seem to do the same jets in different paint schemes.  No. 28 will be an A-10 with a 2 tone green/grey paint scheme.  Very reasonably priced when you pick up the newer releases for MSRP.

I have a larger scaled F-14 and A-10 on display.  While they are really nice, they do take up a lot of space in my Detolf cabinet.  I'll put them away and put in these 1/100 scale models to replace them.

Sweet! Can someone give me a heads up when that new A-10 is available for order? Thanks!

4 hours ago, sharky said:

No problem.  Yeah CDJapan and Amazon JP seem to be good places for them with Amazon costing a little bit more.  Where did you see the info for the A-10?  I might have to get another one for that paint scheme.  I’ve got a 1/100 Fokker D.VII, YF-29, F-14D, and F-15C coming in.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sweet! Can someone give me a heads up when that new A-10 is available for order? Thanks!

I’ll let you know.

Edited by sh9000

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

No problem.  Yeah CDJapan and Amazon JP seem to be good places for them with Amazon costing a little bit more.  Where did you see the info for the A-10?  I might have to get another one for that paint scheme.  I’ve got a 1/100 Fokker D.VII, YF-29, F-14D, and F-15C coming in.

I’ll let you know.

Cool!:drinks:

16 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’ll let you know.

I found the prices to be similar, but Amazon Japan seems to be better with shipping cost..  DHL express shipping for only $9.  I ordered the F-4 on Sunday and it is arriving today.  They come out to $28US shipped.  Not bad IMO considering I can get not nearly as nice airplanes at my local HobbyTown for about $21-$24.  Plus their scale is usually smaller and of planes I don't particularly care to collect.

A note to anyone looking to pick up Vol. 27 F-14D.  The box has the Japan flag symbol as if it is some kind of JASDF version, but in reality it's the United States VF-2 Bounty Hunters painted in the "last cruise" paint scheme as can be determined by looking at the photo on the box.  And, I can confirm as I have it in hand.

41KXsrWNw9L.jpg

Here's a larger photo of a Hasagawa model kit.

178059-12616-pristine.jpg

The Vol. 28 release is shown on the back of the Vol. 27 magazine I got for the F-14D.  It shows what looks to be a release date of 6/5 (I assume as it's in Japanese).   The paint scheme, I have learned, was a special commemorative paint scheme flown over Normandy last year to honor the 47th anniversary of D-Day

5b1801111ae66246008b4c63-1536-768.jpg

Edited by sharky

1 hour ago, sharky said:

I found the prices to be similar, but Amazon Japan seems to be better with shipping cost..  DHL express shipping for only $9.  I ordered the F-4 on Sunday and it is arriving today.  They come out to $28US shipped.  Not bad IMO considering I can get not nearly as nice airplanes at my local HobbyTown for about $21-$24.  Plus their scale is usually smaller and of planes I don't particularly care to collect.

A note to anyone looking to pick up Vol. 27 F-14D.  The box has the Japan flag symbol as if it is some kind of JASDF version, but in reality it's the United States VF-2 Bounty Hunters painted in the "last cruise" paint scheme as can be determined by looking at the photo on the box.  And, I can confirm as I have it in hand.

41KXsrWNw9L.jpg

The Vol. 28 release is shown on the back of the Vol. 27 magazine I got for the F-14D.  It shows what looks to be a release date of 6/5 (I assume as it's in Japanese).   The paint scheme, I have learned, was a special commemorative paint scheme flown over Normandy last year to honor the 47th anniversary of D-Day

Cool! Not the paint scheme I was hoping for on either but hey, maybe it will be nice to have something different.

1 hour ago, sharky said:

41KXsrWNw9L.jpg

My F-14D and F-15C came out cheaper shipped at CDJ.  Thanks for the info about the A-10.  I haven’t looked through any of the magazines and I don’t have my F-14D yet so now I know where to check.  I like that paint scheme (I’ll probably buy all F-14 paint schemes) but not the one for the A-10 so I’ll skip it and stick with my other A-10 that came out.

I’m going to see how the Fokker looks next to other HM and HMR.

17 hours ago, sh9000 said:

My F-14D and F-15C came out cheaper shipped at CDJ.  Thanks for the info about the A-10.  I haven’t looked through any of the magazines and I don’t have my F-14D yet so now I know where to check.  I like that paint scheme (I’ll probably buy all F-14 paint schemes) but not the one for the A-10 so I’ll skip it and stick with my other A-10 that came out.

I’m going to see how the Fokker looks next to other HM and HMR.

The only way I can get it slightly cheaper with CDJ is to use SAL economy, but that doesn't have tracking or insurance and takes weeks vs. days.  Even then it still comes out to $26.   For me the extra $2 is worth it to have faster more reliable shipping on Amazon.  When comparing apples to apples with regard to shipping  CDJ comes out to $38 to $41 depending on if I  use EMS or DHL respectively.

I'm on the fence about the A-10.  If it was more of a  tactical color scheme rather than a commemorative paint scheme I'd be all over it.  I'm not even to picky I would take a camouflage, or all green, or all grey A-10.

Edited by sharky

2 hours ago, sharky said:

The only way I can get it slightly cheaper with CDJ is to use SAL economy, but that doesn't have tracking or insurance and takes weeks vs. days.  Even then it still comes out to $26.   For me the extra $2 is worth it to have faster more reliable shipping on Amazon.  When comparing apples to apples with regard to shipping  CDJ comes out to $38 to $41 depending on if I  use EMS or DHL respectively.

I'm on the fence about the A-10.  If it was more of a  tactical color scheme rather than a commemorative paint scheme I'd be all over it.  I'm not even to picky I would take a camouflage, or all green, or all grey A-10.

It’s all good.  I used points at CDJ just like @Slave IV to get them even cheaper.  I’ll look into Amazon JP for future releases though.

17 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I assume you are painting it like it appears on the animation.

Oh, and BTW, i thought this F-14 looked familiar.

F-14.jpg.82cd7b20d8da898d7d1037f7604db91d.jpgDSC00015.JPG.3c8cbe52075ea55e9b16b9e9606bb347.JPG

Yes.

E0471FF9-E70B-45B6-BAD5-1F647B3C41CC.gif.83ef16f1c88c5596bff8b65d1c753116.gif

If I end up with another one, I’ll paint Roy’s as well.

EDE9F5AD-1E2F-41AE-8261-0B9D0F301B64.gif.d18c94ffdde3530fb62416d48db24afc.gif

Your F-14’s look great.

Edited by sh9000

20 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I assume you are painting it like it appears on the animation.

Oh, and BTW, i thought this F-14 looked familiar.

DSC00015.JPG.3c8cbe52075ea55e9b16b9e9606bb347.JPG

I've had one of those for a long time, but in Sundowners markings.. sort of.  I don't know if the markings are better on the VF-2 version, but my VF-111 variant is covered in really embarrassing Engrish.  "NT" instead of "NL" on the tails, and flying off of the "USS Independance." :rolleyes: 

40 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yes.

E0471FF9-E70B-45B6-BAD5-1F647B3C41CC.gif.83ef16f1c88c5596bff8b65d1c753116.gif

If I end up with another one, I’ll paint Roy’s as well.

EDE9F5AD-1E2F-41AE-8261-0B9D0F301B64.gif.d18c94ffdde3530fb62416d48db24afc.gif

Your F-14’s look great.

Thanks, but i sold one of them, like 10 years ago. (old pics) These 1/48 F-14 look pretty basic. The are solid, and metal, and the wings sweep, but the panel lining is actually painted on. It was the lack of real detail that made sell it.

Ha in my memory, the Fokker, Focker was flying was orange, hmmm

41 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've had one of those for a long time, but in Sundowners markings.. sort of.  I don't know if the markings are better on the VF-2 version, but my VF-111 variant is covered in really embarrassing Engrish.  "NT" instead of "NL" on the tails, and flying off of the "USS Independance." :rolleyes: 

Ha ha ha

Older bi-planes were amazingly small. Even in the Final Countdown movie, when the F14 are engaging the Japanese Zeros, you can see the massive size difference. It is always cool to see same scale models next to each other. 8)

8 hours ago, Penguin sushi said:

Isnt there a stand coming out soon that is for hmr line that looks like a dockung arm?

Like Keq mentioned, Arcadia is releasing one for their line. There was one made as a "display only"  awhile back. Pic courtesy Amiami:

Image result for Hi Metal R launch arm

5 minutes ago, kkx said:

congrats for the new vf-4G

I am still on the fence about the vf2ss, how do you like yours?

Thanks to @sh9000 for the VF-4, and you for Max's @kkx

I like my VF-2SS, but i rarely transform it. Then again, I rarely transform anything in my collection. The Vf-2SS is a bit finicky as you have to carefully align any little part that moved during handling or transforming.  I am not sure i'll get a good price on the Gilbert version, but just like the VF-4, one is enough for me. Don't get me wrong, to me it is a must have. This thing is beautiful and the best VF-2SS out there. Plus it is in scale with the others, so that alone makes it cool.

I know Macross II isn't hugely popular but I've always had a soft spot for the 2SS design - it on the cover of Palladium's Macross II RPG is one of the things that got me hooked on giant anime robots. :)

I know the mecha in Macross II were mostly "extreme 90s" updates of the mecha in SDFM (the 2JA being a "more angles" VF-1J, the destroids being all "more guns" of their predecessors), but the 2SS always seemed shiny and new. Seeing it side by side with the VF-4 though I'm wondering if it inspired by that design, considering how little of it had been seen by the 10th anniversary. The story behind the designs even says both were built to emphasize combat and maneuvering in space vs. in an atmosphere.

I can't imagine Bandai would ever do it (barely seen, not a "hero" mecha) but it would be neat to see them do the 2JA from MII as well.

On 5/31/2019 at 9:36 AM, vlenhoff said:

Thanks to @sh9000 for the VF-4, and you for Max's @kkx

I like my VF-2SS, but i rarely transform it. Then again, I rarely transform anything in my collection. The Vf-2SS is a bit finicky as you have to carefully align any little part that moved during handling or transforming.  I am not sure i'll get a good price on the Gilbert version, but just like the VF-4, one is enough for me. Don't get me wrong, to me it is a must have. This thing is beautiful and the best VF-2SS out there. Plus it is in scale with the others, so that alone makes it cool.

Thanks, I think I will eventually get one.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:38 AM, wmkjr said:

Like Keq mentioned, Arcadia is releasing one for their line. There was one made as a "display only"  awhile back. Pic courtesy Amiami:

Image result for Hi Metal R launch arm

We all hope and dream that Bandai will release that some day. 

I wish if Bandai does ever release that someday that they would try to make a clear piece that comes out of the top claw and maybe extends to the rear of the valk and clips to the back somewhere so that it looks like the top claw is holding the valk.  Maybe it could clip into the arms on the rear or the legs somehow.  Or maybe something that slides between the arms and upper body.   Then you wouldn't need the bottom support piece to actually hold it.

There's also that display stand where the base looks like part of a Zentradai ship.  That would be cool.

20 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Now we just need an easy Tomahawk, Phalanx or N-Ger PO to provide some therapy for the DX VF-1S Hikaru PO PTSD...:shok:

Yes.  And at this point with only 2 more of the DX 1/48 VF-1 that I need, I’m happy to just continue collecting HMR.