Hi-Metal R

joppewo

50 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I need to find my 1J Hi Metal [not R]

I can't recall if it came with adaptors for the stand. I hope it does. I need to find my 1J anyway, I have enough stands for them now. Also, I got a super Max J from @kkx, and a possible VF-4 from @sh9000. I think that is enough HMR for me. Unless they release the TV Max, TV Kakizake, or the Tomahawk, then i'd go bat shiz-crazy! Bandai, are you listening?

Milia needs to go with Max.  B))

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I need to find my 1J Hi Metal [not R]

I can't recall if it came with adaptors for the stand. I hope it does. I need to find my 1J anyway, I have enough stands for them now. Also, I got a super Max J from @kkx, and a possible VF-4  @sh9000

The Hi-Metal VF-1J comes with the adaptors 

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Milia needs to go with Max.  B))

I got the M&M VF22, and the 1/48 M&M. We will see if i can get MAx somecompany in the future.

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

The Hi-Metal VF-1J comes with the adaptors 

Sweet!

Just now, sh9000 said:

I’ve transformed so many HMR that they’ve become fairly easy.  Parts are organized in ziploc bags and stored in clear containers and are easily accessible.

I need to think of a store solution for the HMR. My 1/48's accesories are organized and labeled. I may have to do the same for the HMR.

4 hours ago, onnasake said:

OK, so I see that they did a TV Version VF 1 J, but there's never been a TV version Roy?

Yeah, Bandai released only the two DYRL-white 1S Valkyries in the HMR line so far. Apart from that, we have the anniversary release.

If you want more info, @jenius has a complete and comprehensive review site, which compares HMR to the older HM releases.

Hi-Metal R
http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=8199

Hi-Metal
http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4000 

Personally, I'm very keen on a TV-white version of Roy's ride with both Roy and Hikaru pilot figures included, but I have no idea where that fits into Bandai's schedule. I've become used to waiting. :lol: 

2 hours ago, rocketblast said:

When will the next announcement be?  I'm hoping for TV VF-1A Max, TV Kakizaki, another armored valkyrie. What else is likely to come out?

Isn't there another Bandai/Tamashii or Wonderfest that shows the upcoming Macross goodies later this year (or my memory is totally wrong)? 

There is the possibility that it maybe the Tomohawk, Phallanx, N-ger/Q-rau, the rest of the Vermillion Squadron. Maybe the VF-19, YF-21 (teased and never got made), VF-25, VF-1ex (both Mirage and Hayate's colours from their training sessions from Delta).

Who knows whats next? Its all guessing game for now... :pardon:

On 5/10/2019 at 8:07 AM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

This is an old pic taken at night but shows the size difference between the 1/100 HMR Regult, and the 1/60 Yamato Regult. Bandai should finish the remaining HMR Destroids and start with more enemy units ASAP.

post-557-0-79802300-1464805296.jpg

I think the 1/60 regult scales pretty nice with the hmr vf-1.  It looks like it could fit inside the regult.

2 hours ago, beatsing said:

I think the 1/60 regult scales pretty nice with the hmr vf-1.  It looks like it could fit inside the regult.

Your statements contradict each other...  :huh:

Hi Tekering, love your photos.  

How do my statements contradict each other?  I think the 1/60 Regult scales with the VF1 HMR because in some of the Macross episodes, the Zentran are about the size of the battroid.  So the battroid should almost fit inside a Regult.  And since Max's battroid could fit the Zentran uniform, the scale looks correct.

I think the HMR Regult scales with the HMR VF1 according to the scaled line art, but the scale doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, beatsing said:

Hi Tekering, love your photos.  

Thanks, beatsing.  Love your avatar.  :good:

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

How do my statements contradict each other?

Well, the Hi-Metal R toys closely match the depicted scale of the Regult in the animation, wherein it would be clearly impossible to fit a Battroid inside a Regult.

And if you assume all Zentradi are relatively equal in height, then yes, the scale doesn't make sense...

But remember, the Zentradi have the technology to radically alter their size at will, meaning average height is irrelevant; there's no reason to assume Regult (or Gnerl) pilots are anywhere near as large as the officers we see roaming freely around their ships.

Even thirty years ago, this was received wisdom among Robotech RPG fans... yet, surprisingly enough, Macross fans still struggle with it to this day.  :p

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Thanks, beatsing.  Love your avatar.  :good:

Well, the Hi-Metal R toys closely match the depicted scale of the Regult in the animation, wherein it would be clearly impossible to fit a Battroid inside a Regult.

And if you assume all Zentradi are relatively equal in height, then yes, the scale doesn't make sense...

But remember, the Zentradi have the technology to radically alter their size at will, meaning average height is irrelevant; there's no reason to assume Regult (or Gnerl) pilots are anywhere near as large as the officers we see roaming freely around their ships.

Even thirty years ago, this was received wisdom among Robotech RPG fans... yet, surprisingly enough, Macross fans still struggle with it to this day.  :p

Also, I know we're talking about Regults, technically, but do they constantly resize Kamjin/Quamzin to fit in a Glaug, then make him big to walk around when he isn't piloting?  It's possible, but unlikely, imo.

I think the simpler and more likely answer is "anime magic," per usual.

sizechart-zentradimeltrandi-mecha.jpg

Edited by HardlyNever

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Anime Magic or not. I pretty much think Mike’s 1/48 true scale versions nailed the size.

Yamato’s and Bandai scales are always too small to fit the story well.

88C70B19-29FC-4915-B0CB-6E48EA4F6A92.jpeg

66F16781-478D-4281-99DF-7F12EE7B56E1.jpeg

34746D37-2DD1-4E39-8A65-C9333A0659E6.jpeg

7D0A68F4-AE26-4726-9449-63BA91AC24BB.jpeg

DBE328A5-4F1B-4F32-B818-27E3AE8D3470.jpeg

Awesome :)

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Ok, I know it's just coincidental due to the display, but I can't help feeling like Hikaru and Minmay took that snapshot in front of a big Duracell display kiosk. :lol: 

Otherwise though, those are beautiful.  I wish I had the chops for resin kits, they look amazing in that scale.

Side note about the VF-1D though... Someone at Bandai borked up the foot design hard, I think.  If I didn't know any better, I'd think they mounted the feet backwards.  I have zero ability to tilt the feet for gerwalk mode on one of mine.  The feet will not rotate back past level., and the only thing I can do for gerwalk posing is either use a stand, or close the feet, and balance it on tip-toes.

Edited by Chronocidal

Anime Magic or not. I pretty much think Mike’s 1/48 true scale versions nailed the size.

Yamato’s and Bandai scales are always too small to fit the story well.

88C70B19-29FC-4915-B0CB-6E48EA4F6A92.jpeg

Beautiful work on both kits!!!!

They look awesome.

On 4/23/2019 at 3:52 PM, Lolicon said:

"Minmei" was never in SDFM either. :p

On 4/23/2019 at 5:24 PM, Convectuoso said:

I'm pretty sure that's how it was written at her bedroom door

MinMei.jpg.60a84c60324fe06b6ef3ba31cbcb0162.jpg

Only because I stumbled upon it!  I know it was a month ago.  :yahoo:

1:48 Regult and Gulag.  What dose the rest of your display shelf/case look like?

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the really nice compliments. I only meant to call out how the scale between HMR, 1/60, and 1/48 as they have been interpreted from the actual show.

For those who are interested in seeing my customs in person please come to the Super Dimension Convention this year and I am sure these will be there. I hope to see a certain someone’s awesome HMR customs as well. :rolleyes:

Now back to the Hi Metal topic...

chronocidal, I have the same issue with mine. Not sure what’s going on but you might be right about something being installed or assembled incorrectly.

I noticed it on at least the VT-1 and VF-1D, and I think Hikaru's 1A might have been similar.  It's going to take digging, all of those are still packed away after my move last fall.

If it's possible, I might swap the better ones around to the VF-1D, since that's one of the few I actually would display in gerwalk.

Edited by Chronocidal

It's something with the leg and/or foot molds (I think the leg, since it's always the right leg, and the feet are identical).

The last few releases it's been getting progressively worse, though some steady force can get the feet back into gerwalk position properly

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's something with the leg and/or foot molds (I think the leg, since it's always the right leg, and the feet are identical).

The last few releases it's been getting progressively worse, though some steady force can get the feet back into gerwalk position properly

Actually, with this release it's all the feet, and they also have a lot of issues aligning the toes with the heels.. like the foot will be spread, but the toes and heels touching, as if the joints are all out of alignment.

Far as them being identical though, I noticed something funny very early on.  They're not.  I did a close inspection of the heels and toes, and they're all unique molds, no two parts shared.. the edges of the foot just don't match up.  I thought it was odd, but they've kept the same unique shapes all along.

How much of the internal foot mechanism is shared from side to side, I don't know.  I just know that none of the feet on any of my 1Ds can rotate backwards at all.

Hi all. New member here. Over at another forum it was suggested that I ask all of you about this.

I just bought my first HMR Valk, a Super VF-1A (Hikaru DYRL). Really liking the figure but the piece on the leg armor that attaches to the back of the leg, I got two right ones.

I hear this might be a fairly common issue and I'm wondering if anyone has two left ones and wants to swap parts to fix it up.

100_5512.JPG

100_5510.JPG

100_5511.JPG

100_5513.JPG

3 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

Hi all. New member here. Over at another forum it was suggested that I ask all of you about this.

I just bought my first HMR Valk, a Super VF-1A (Hikaru DYRL). Really liking the figure but the piece on the leg armor that attaches to the back of the leg, I got two right ones.

I hear this might be a fairly common issue and I'm wondering if anyone has two left ones and wants to swap parts to fix it up.

100_5512.JPG

100_5510.JPG

100_5511.JPG

100_5513.JPG

Head over to the “wanted” section. There is a thread to address this actual issue.

I hope you find what you’re looking for.