Hi-Metal R

joppewo

finally decided to upgrade my original 2010 Hikaru 1j with the “R”. My original is kissed by the yellowing plastic disorder. Going to post it for sale in the for sale section here before offering it up on the e-bay. 

7 hours ago, Bolt said:

Awesome products, can’t wait for the next run! These bits really enhance the HMR line.

I saw SH9000 had them on his HMR, but i thought it was a custom job from someone here. I was disconnected for some time due to, Life, work, and expenses, so when i came back, the HMR line was well developed, and it had custom accesories too.

4 hours ago, mapendieck said:

finally decided to upgrade my original 2010 Hikaru 1j with the “R”. My original is kissed by the yellowing plastic disorder. Going to post it for sale in the for sale section here before offering it up on the e-bay. 

I would def make a VF-1J CF custom battle damaged if mine goes Yellow. I might get me another HMR, who knows. All the releases i missed(nearly all) are getting pricey these days. 

On 4/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

I only watched DYRL for the first time a few months back, whereas I watched robotech in the late 80s.

Watched it right after doing a re-watch of the entire SDFM TV show, and DYRL was worlds better.

Better plot, better animation, didn’t feel like slapping both Minmei and Hikaru constantly...

Pairing a singing idol with space sci fi spawned an entire industry.  But the choreography, the music, Minmei's expressions and dancing to her singing was on a whole other world.   watch the DYRL intro, listen to the soft notes of the music that go with the lights of the SDF in the darkness, lighting up as the notes play, then as the SDF comes into view, the climax in music with a military theme.   Minmei and her dance moves swaying with her singing (in Japanese) was better than a lot of MTV videos of the day.  SDFM was years ahead of other animation, and DRYL took it into overdrive.

The design of the DYRL Zentrans looked more alien than SDFM versions which looked very human.

I think the tv Max 1a and kakizaki are a little bland for the paint job in jet mode.  It's just all white on the top.  The battroid mode is ok, since the color breaks up the bland white.  The TV1j and the DYRL Max have those "V" lines that highlight the chest plate, and go onto the wings in jet mode.  

I'd still be interested in the TV line, with HMR, we can collect the entire series.  But where is that Tomahawk and Phalanx they teased years ago?

If they release Miria's qRau, it should have missile effects so we can reproduce that fight with Max when she panic fires a whole volley of them!

On 4/23/2019 at 1:31 AM, DewPoint said:

Wow I'm really impressed with this HMR figure (my first one!). The playability is similar to robot damashii figures and I really like how balanced the figure feels with the metal feet, like the DX VF-1 toys. The VF-1D reminds me of something out of Star Wars. I think I'm hooked.. lol

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190425191535979_COVER.jpg

3 hours ago, Foblander said:

Wow I'm really impressed with this HMR figure (my first one!). The playability is similar to robot damashii figures and I really like how balanced the figure feels with the metal feet, like the DX VF-1 toys. The VF-1D reminds me of something out of Star Wars. I think I'm hooked.. lol

Nice pose ....this is the HMR rabbit hole ...

Kind of a random thought, but I just realized that the Revell U-Wing model kit is 1/100 scale.  It has a couple of pilot figures might be suitable for customizing I think.  I also wonder if the ship would fit in with  Macross stuff if painted and had some proper markings?

Edited by sharky

18 minutes ago, mapendieck said:

posted my yellowing HMR Hikaru 1J in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

Does anyone know if the chest piece is interchangeable with the HMR line?  I might like to pick this up for spare parts and to change my brownie to a Kakizaki.

1 minute ago, easnoddy said:

We know we have 3 more VF-4's coming, but what is anyone's guess as to the next actual HMR Macross release?

We know we have three more VF-4s coming as clearly has we know the other destroids or a Virgin Road 1D etc are coming... :unsure:

damn, i would have bought it , but i am broke right now. Broke for all the right reasons, but I will have another chance. I really want to make a custom out of a HMR valk. Good things come to those who wait... or so they say...

BTW watched Avengers End game, and it is all i wanted it to be, and more. You could only wish The last jedi was 1/4 of what this movie was.... but it isn't...

I highly recommend End game, specially if you have kept up with the series. 

Edited by vlenhoff

On 4/25/2019 at 5:06 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

Yup, your right, Roy was and will always be a badass.

Hiccup.

He flies better when he's drunk.  Hiccup. :drinks:

I just got my VF-4 and VF-1D from HLJ.  The VF-4 box feels heavier than I though it would be.

38 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

damn, i would have bought it , but i am broke right now. Broke for all the right reasons, but I will have another chance. I really want to make a custom out of a HMR valk. Good things come to those who wait... or so they say...

BTW watched Avengers End game, and it is all i wanted it to be, and more. You could only wish The last jedi was 1/4 of what this movie was.... but it isn't...

I highly recommend End game, specially if you have kept up with the series. 

I have tickets for tomorrow and staying away from YouTube until I get back.

26 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Please, stay on topic. I'm avoiding the Avengers thread until I see the movie, and don't need to avoid this thread too

Same here. I might as well avoid the whole forum too. :unknw:

46 minutes ago, jenius said:

That's exciting, I didn't realize there was a Tamaashii event this weekend.

Here's the link, Jenius. It will be in Akihabara on the 27th at 10am (JST).

https://tamashii.jp/tokyo/topics/337/

I wonder if they're finally going to reveal the blurred 'Bat-Shu' looking HMR figure from last year's event.

7bf3435b-s.jpg.102d31681f85c8e94c104698c2f2a4a4.jpg

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder if they're finally going to reveal the blurred 'Bat-Shu' looking HMR figure from last year's event.

I was wondering the same about the Bat Shu looking HMR.

Hope they reveal Zentradi mecha in this event for this line.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

So this was at least confirmed to be a Macross HMR?? 

Everyone was guessing L’Gaim a while back..

3 minutes ago, Bolt said:

So this was at least confirmed to be a Macross HMR?? 

Everyone was guessing L’Gaim a while back..

I don't think that's a Macross HMR. Up until this point there's no info on that blurred HMR figure.

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't think that's a Macross HMR. Up until this point there's no info on that blurred HMR figure.

Yeah, I'm like 96.35% sure that's not gonna be Macross.

Unless Minmei got a new machine for the fighting.

22 hours ago, beatsing said:

I think the HMR was the mock up for the DX line.  The shoulders of the DX are so similar to the HMR, and are less breakable than the yammie v2.

Yes, I also felt that was the case when I was handling the HMR. I wish Arcadia would redo the VF-1 hips to be more like Bandai. That is the greatest improvement that I'm thoroughly enjoying. Bandai is amazing, but I'll still root for the small guy ^^