Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Just now, rsvictor1976 said:

Do you think they'll reissue the VF-1S Roy Focker or the Armored VF-1J?

Going pure crystal ball since Bandai has given no indications on the matter, I think there's a strong likelihood of some sort of a VF-1S Focker release. Maybe a TV release without super parts like what they did with Hikaru's VF-1J. Since they did a Hikaru VF-1J after the GBP, I think they'll take their time before coming back around to that. In fact, it would kind of make sense to do a Focker VF-1S after the VF-1D.

Obviously I can't swear it hasn't yellowed because I don't have a factory fresh one to compare it to but I can tell you its spent its life in storage other than photo shoots and it is a uniform color throughout. 

The chest on my Roy toy definitely has yellowed a bit.

Edited by jenius

Heat can be a problem, I live just south of SF though so I'm my case, it's probably not much of a problem. Age can do it all in it's in though. Does anyone want to post pics of their 1/48 Hikaru in a similar group shot so we can judge?

Edited by jenius

On 1/1/2019 at 10:26 PM, Slave IV said:

Very nice! Now I kinda want to get a collection of 1/100 real life fighter models. Damn. 

Thanks.  They fit in well with the scale of HMR.

1DE7B8E7-90EE-4266-88A5-93F9A67FDA65.thumb.jpeg.3b7f5696d5a284b3c5c57b089c4c59c2.jpeg

Sharing this lovely size comparison chart from @Mr March.  It will be cool to have more releases from SDFM.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

1DE7B8E7-90EE-4266-88A5-93F9A67FDA65.thumb.jpeg.3b7f5696d5a284b3c5c57b089c4c59c2.jpeg

It will be cool to have more releases from SDFM.

What are the odds of getting a TV N-Ger knowing that they already seem to have a DYRL version ready to go?

Based on what has been released (both HM and HMR), it would seem we are much closer to a complete HM/HMR DYRL Macross mech set rather than a complete TV set.

Ironically, both the TV and DYRL sets will still need the Tomahawk, Phalanx, Q-Rau and N-ger to complete either set.  But, as we all know, the Q-Rau and N-ger are "different" for both.

For the most part I would prefer to get a complete set of at least one of them, TV or DYRL...however, I do enjoy the designs from the TV series over the DYRL stuff.

38 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

What are the odds of getting a TV N-Ger knowing that they already seem to have a DYRL version ready to go?

Based on what has been released (both HM and HMR), it would seem we are much closer to a complete HM/HMR DYRL Macross mech set rather than a complete TV set.

Ironically, both the TV and DYRL sets will still need the Tomahawk, Phalanx, Q-Rau and N-ger to complete either set.  But, as we all know, the Q-Rau and N-ger are "different" for both.

For the most part I would prefer to get a complete set of at least one of them, TV or DYRL...however, I do enjoy the designs from the TV series over the DYRL stuff.

Based on what I've seen, Bandai doesn't care that much about focusing either TV or DYRL; it is all one shared universe to them.  I'm not saying they aren't aware there are differences between TV Macross and DYRL, but I don't think that really factors into their decision making process.  They package DYRL-style hands and missiles with what are obviously TV-style valks.

When it comes to enemy mecha, I think they'll make whatever they think will sell best/looks best to them.  If they think they can make money on both versions of say, an n-ger, they will.  However, I think we'll only be getting the DYRL version of that particular mech (just a hunch).

29 minutes ago, jenius said:

I would love an announcement that makes me more certain we're getting the DYRL version... Let alone a TV version. Who has a line at comparison? Maybe they can sell one that can be adapted to be either with some parts swapping.

I was thinking the same thing.  But looking at the Macross Mecha Manual line-art, there is quite a bit of deviation between the two designs.  They might be able to get away with re-using the jet-pack thing.  That looks to be about it.

nousjadeul-ger-dyrl-lineart1.gif

nousjadeul-ger-schematics.gif

Edited by HardlyNever

The Monster was sold as a DYRL version.  The Spartan and Defender were SDFM versions.  Other than paint apps, was there any real differences between the TV and Movie?  It would seem that the Destroids are close enough and no one really seems to care so long as they are made.  Now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing a Spartan in the movie.

OK, Time to update the list of HMR releases (and preorders) per Macross series

SDF Macross:

- VF-1J Hikaru

- Super VF-1J Max

- Super VF-1J Miria

- Standard Regult

- Glaug

- Regults double pack

- VF-1D

DYRL:

- Super VF-1S Focker

- Super VF-1S Hikaru

- Super VF-1A Hikaru

- Elintseeker

- Super Ostrich

Common (Macross TV/DYRL)

- Armored VF-1J

- VF-1A (CF)

- Monster

- Spartan

- Defender

Macross Flashback:

- VF-4G

Macross II:

- VF-2SS Sylvie

- VF-2SS Nexx

Other:

- VF-1S Messer 35th Anniversary edition

12 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Based on what I've seen, Bandai doesn't care that much about focusing either TV or DYRL; it is all one shared universe to them.  I'm not saying they aren't aware there are differences between TV Macross and DYRL, but I don't think that really factors into their decision making process.  They package DYRL-style hands and missiles with what are obviously TV-style valks.

When it comes to enemy mecha, I think they'll make whatever they think will sell best/looks best to them.  If they think they can make money on both versions of say, an n-ger, they will.  However, I think we'll only be getting the DYRL version of that particular mech (just a hunch).

I was thinking the same thing.  But looking at the Macross Mecha Manual line-art, there is quite a bit of deviation between the two designs.  They might be able to get away with re-using the jet-pack thing.  That looks to be about it.

nousjadeul-ger-dyrl-lineart1.gif

nousjadeul-ger-schematics.gif

Maybe I'm generous but it looks like the crotch, back of legs, feet, and head are the biggest differences. I would be happy with a swap out head, crotch, and detail piece for the back of the legs (which could easily plug into the DYRL ports in the back of the legs) and that'd be good enough for me.

16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Aren't the DYRL ones Strike rather than Super?

Super was the normal load out for space ops.  Correct me if i'm wrong, but only Skull Leader had the Strike variant in the movie.  My assumption is that the Strike load out is only given to the squadron leaders.

If Bandai releases a TV N-Ger, I would want it after the DYRL N-Ger and the DYRL N-Ger after or around the same time as the Tomahawk or Phalanx.  If there never is a TV N-Ger release, at least there is the old school toy that is still a decent size and representation.

@jvmacross I like your idea for a TV and DYRL Q-Rau release.

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The DYRL N-Ger showed up again as part of the boxart on the recent HMR SuperO.....that has to mean something, right?  RIGHT?!?! :crazy: 

I should hope so otherwise we're going to get some unhappy faces on this thread here.. :cray:

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The DYRL N-Ger showed up again as part of the boxart on the recent HMR SuperO.....that has to mean something, right?  RIGHT?!?! :crazy: 

That would be cool, along with the Phalanx shown on the Spartan box and the VF-1S Roy shown on the VF-1S Messer box.

I’ve been looking at these schematics and I can’t figure this out....why are there extra feet and shins in the legs? 

Chris

5506F1BB-B847-4480-BE43-FE8911D33FB9.gif.73b83424b24d33acbfbfaa40af8e3769.gif

Edited by Dobber
Whoops, I Forgot to include the picture

On 1/4/2019 at 10:23 AM, DewPoint said:

The Monster was sold as a DYRL version.  The Spartan and Defender were SDFM versions.  Other than paint apps, was there any real differences between the TV and Movie?  It would seem that the Destroids are close enough and no one really seems to care so long as they are made.  Now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing a Spartan in the movie.

It was definitely in the movie:

destroids-dyrl.jpg.400af10717565319ba8199b5cc36e32a.jpg

18 hours ago, Dobber said:

I’ve been looking at these schematics and I can’t figure this out....why are there extra feet and shins in the legs? 

Chris

Looks like they resized parts for the schematics since you can see the outline of the smaller parts within the schematics of the larger ones. 

19 hours ago, Dobber said:

Chris

There seem to be two versions of the Armor: one with long shins and beefier arms, and one with short shins and skinnier arms. Both proportion sets seem to be represented at the same time.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:27 PM, Dobber said:

Chris

I'm just guessing here. Maybe the 'ghost lineart' is just to show the size of the Zentraedi soldier in a pilot suit inside the N-Ger.

I considered that too, but that doesn’t make sense whit how it is drawn. The Ghost image isn’t drawn like a soldier but rather like armor. There is also a ghost chest canon too.

Chris