Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Just to buy more of this line, right? ;)

For the record, I've got no issues at all seeing how some folks buy the crap out of these toys! Keep those pics coming, everyone. Not everyone can justify multiples (for whatever reason) but I love seeing the photos here. 

2 hours ago, amptor said:

I decided to buy 6 more VF-1D.  Just gotta find a shop that is still selling them.

Still available through Amazon.jp at a 20% pre-order discount:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/HI-METAL-超時空要塞マクロス-約140mm-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07KYYPXKJ/

7 hours ago, Jwwu said:

Can’t you get a friend or spouse to set up Ann amazon Japan account? Would that work?

If I just create another account, that would probably work.  I do it all the time on there, on the US site.

9 hours ago, amptor said:

If I just create another account, that would probably work.  I do it all the time on there, on the US site.

I look forward to an image of your Macross diorama soon!:yahoo:

You are planning at posting one right?

3 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

I should.  I unboxed 4 valkyries.  They are all a team on my desk, nearby this high end gaming PC setup :)

4 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Down vote? Whatso bad asking for a diorama image? Izzer a scrooge here abouts?:lol:

2 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Down vote? Whatso bad asking for a diorama image? Izzer a scrooge here abouts?:lol:

They don't like that I own so many valks.  hey, I'm not rich and my jobs basically suck ballz.  it's like if you can't afford the valkyries then, u obviously do not have a job.

edit: actually that or you made the mistake of having children too early and live paycheck to paycheck due to that.  I can't feel sympathy for people whom do that though lol.

Edited by amptor

9 hours ago, amptor said:

They don't like that I own so many valks.  hey, I'm not rich and my jobs basically suck ballz.  it's like if you can't afford the valkyries then, u obviously do not have a job.

edit: actually that or you made the mistake of having children too early and live paycheck to paycheck due to that.  I can't feel sympathy for people whom do that though lol.

Let me try to help you out, no one cares that you own X number of Valkyries or how many or how well-paying your job(s) are. The community is letting you know that how you are going about posting in an extremely arrogant way, that isn't welcomed.

Many of us have been around the forums long enough to see and celebrate members that have large collections. We think it's awesome! Personally, at a time when this hobby was a priority for me I also had multiples. But I never bragged about it, or stated in such a way as to make myself seem better than my peers because I was not/am not and neither are you. 

It would have been easier to just add another down-vote but that would have been too passive aggressive so I'll state what I think about your recent posts clearly; 

I suspect you're just a troll and/or have some real-life issues that makes you want to feel superior about toy collecting, and  that my post will fall on deaf ears but I wanted to state it very plainly, I don't care if you have a million Valks or not, I just don't like that you are acting like a pr!ck. Now let that sink in while you make snide, out-of-touch with reality comments about people having families or what their financial status may or may not be. And for the record, my kid is grown and I am very comfortable in my salary.

Cheers,

-b.

PS - on-topic, I didn't want the HMR VF-4 because IMO the Yamato version is so awesome, I am genuinely curious and hopeful that the Bandai iteration is nice as well

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Let me try to help you out, no one cares that you own X number of Valkyries or how many or how well-paying your job(s) are. The community is letting you know that how you are going about posting in an extremely arrogant way, that isn't welcomed.

Many of us have been around the forums long enough to see and celebrate members that have large collections. We think it's awesome! Personally, at a time when this hobby was a priority for me I also had multiples. But I never bragged about it, or stated in such a way as to make myself seem better than my peers because I was not/am not and neither are you. 

It would have been easier to just add another down-vote but that would have been too passive aggressive so I'll state what I think about your recent posts clearly; 

I suspect you're just a troll and/or have some real-life issues that makes you want to feel superior about toy collecting, and  that my post will fall on deaf ears but I wanted to state it very plainly, I don't care if you have a million Valks or not, I just don't like that you are acting like a pr!ck. Now let that sink in while you make snide, out-of-touch with reality comments about people having families or what their financial status may or may not be. And for the record, my kid is grown and I am very comfortable in my salary.

Cheers,

-b.

PS - on-topic, I didn't want the HMR VF-4 because IMO the Yamato version is so awesome, I am genuinely curious and hopeful that the Bandai iteration is nice as well

I'm not the only one on here that shows that they have multiple valks and I know for a fact that another guy has lots and lots more than I have.  I am not breaking forum rules, some of these other guys are though.

I am arrogant about my gaming PC though.  I have Evga Geforce RTX 2080 Ti which I paid $1149.99 for and a brand new gaming monitor 32" 144hz and this system is absolutely amazing.  I get no screen tearing at all and it can play everything I throw at it.

edit: btw last paragraph is a joke right, or you are reading way too far into things.  You don't know me in real life so you are just assuming too much based upon text on a forum with a limited amount of thought put into it before you type.  That's all I clearly see here.

Anyways enjoy the hobby, I'm not stopping anyone from buying what they want.  Did I buy that other valk people are posting here constantly lately?  NO.

Edited by amptor

Amptor,

There are threads if you really are interested in posting your Valkyrie count. Why not share it here and be done with it. Back in the days all members would gladly share their healthy collections and  not gloat about what they owned. It was a fun way to share. Just note that a lot of these counts are quite old but a lot of these collections have built up considerably over the years.

7 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Amptor,

There are threads if you really are interested in posting your Valkyrie count. Why not share it here and be done with it. Back in the days all members would gladly share their healthy collections and  not gloat about what they owned. It was a fun way to share. Just note that a lot of these counts are quite old but a lot of these collections have built up considerably over the years.

Will think about it.  At least that is the most constructive reply I have seen on here :)  And you guys realize that there are others in this thread posting photos of multiples.  I have not, afaik.  I mean I do remember taking photos of my boxes but I don't recall sharing any of those photos on this forum.

Anyway, every hobby has a lot of negativity in it which I have been exposed to some of over the years, as well as my father.  Such as and not limited to the following:

Hot Wheels
Transformers
Lionel
Computer software collecting (won't get into that on here, that is a nasty one ;)
Car collecting
Automobile restoration and purchasing parts

anything involving adults.  It really doesn't bother me as much as I used to think it did lol.  When real life stuff came up it just put everything into perspective.

Edited by amptor

11 hours ago, amptor said:

if you can't afford the valkyries then, u obviously do not have a job.

that or you made the mistake of having children too early and live paycheck to paycheck due to that.  I can't feel sympathy for people whom do that though lol.

35 minutes ago, amptor said:

btw last paragraph is a joke right, or you are reading way too far into things.  You don't know me in real life so you are just assuming too much based upon text on a forum with a limited amount of thought put into it before you type.  That's all I clearly see here.

*scratches head* I've not seen cognitive dissonance like this in a little while.

You state that you are on the receiving end of negativity in all of the hobbies that you participate in.  You may want to spend some time thinking about that.  It's clear that people are not receptive to your content (for whatever reason). 

Maybe switch things up; or just accept that people do not like your posts and move on.

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

7 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

*scratches head* I've not seen cognitive dissonance like this in a little while.

You state that you are on the receiving end of negativity in all of the hobbies that you participate in.  You may want to spend some time thinking about that.  It's clear that people are not receptive to your content (for whatever reason). 

Maybe switch things up; or just accept that people do not like your posts and move on.

Ok look, when I call up someone on the phone that I don't know for a set of BBS tire valve stems with caps to buy for my car, and he immediately starts giving me attitude, what am I really suppose to think?  I am calling a business, not making friends.  All I am asking for is product.  If Valkyrie dealers treated me the way these negative folk on this forum do or the guy at that car parts shop on-line did over the phone, I would not be buying any of these products.  Look at what happened with MyKombini.  They got too arrogant and big headed, refused to fix my valkyrie problem (by the way, I only own ONE VF-1A, not ten) and then told me to not buy from them any more.  I wasn't going to buy from them anyway, the lady at the post office told me "you sure aren't buying from them any more", too.

I treat everyone with respect and honesty.  But I don't kiss a$$.  So that's what you get.  I'm not here to kiss up to people, I am just participating in the hobby and that's it.  There's probably hundreds or thousands of people who own a lot of valks who won't post on here mainly because they don't want to get into this stuff.  I don't blame them.

Amptor, sorry to interrupt, but i think what they are trying to say is: Sharing is not the same as Bragging.

nightmareB4macross, wow, i completely forgot about that thread!, brings back memories!

On Topic, I have a sickness for the HiMetal- R VT-1, and there's only one remedy...

Edited by vlenhoff

I think you guys are still reading too far into things.  I wasn't bragging, I was clearly stating that I made some purchases.

Also I want to remind you guys that if I drop $1,000 on valkyrie orders in a month, I still gotta pay it back.  No ifs ands or buts.  I do my share and this shows up on my credit card statement as debt until it is paid in full.

19 minutes ago, amptor said:

I treat everyone with respect and honesty.  But I don't kiss a$$.  So that's what you get.  I'm not here to kiss up to people, I am just participating in the hobby and that's it.  There's probably hundreds or thousands of people who own a lot of valks who won't post on here mainly because they don't want to get into this stuff.  I don't blame them.

Your recent posts have you bragging about your 'high end gaming PC' and getting two new job while casually insulting those with low paychecks and having children early. I make $250 a week and am barely getting by so spending $100+ on a toy is not something I can do on a whim but I saved up and bought my first Hi-Metal R VF-1A recently and I was happy with just that. But your constant bragging about being able to buy 10 Valkyries at a time, insulting people like me that are barely making a living, and trying to make yourself out as some kind of victim in this hobby really got on my nerves. You're not respectful at all, you're an arrogant ass.

8 minutes ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

Your recent posts have you bragging about your 'high end gaming PC' and getting two new job while casually insulting those with low paychecks and having children early. I make $250 a week and am barely getting by so spending $100+ on a toy is not something I can do on a whim but I saved up and bought my first Hi-Metal R VF-1A recently and I was happy with just that. But your constant bragging about being able to buy 10 Valkyries at a time, insulting people like me that are barely making a living, and trying to make yourself out as some kind of victim in this hobby really got on my nerves. You're not respectful at all, you're an arrogant ass.

I currently make $11/hr plus I do cooperation with the Chinese and I still buy valkyries.  smh.  Next month I start my new job.  When I bought all of my 1/55 (from Spidey Jerusalem, remember him?) I was making $12/hr and had a little bank account.

By the way, with that last sentence you are clearly breaking forum rules.

It's not my fault if people don't know how to save money, have a savings account waiting to purchase a house, and do not have a 401k. Hell, even my current minimum wage job clearly explains and recommends during training to get a 401k through them.

Need I also mention that a couple of years ago I was literally homeless?  That's right, I had no place to live at and I was nearly out on the street.  I was sleeping in my car for part of that time.

Edited by amptor

They showed 3 custom schemes for the HMR VF-4. The M&M’s and a new Skull Leader. They were just display only but we can hope. ;)

Chris

E507BDC4-D8F4-40E9-855F-E8C1CC51E279.jpeg.c95eefa8d3da87407c26bd615008cb09.jpeg

C80C7AEB-9C2E-4BE4-A0AE-2F73227ED87B.jpeg.cf2492b44e5c739eb5c163e01b1e1f0a.jpeg

EB2228CD-785D-41B9-85C3-7C724D684A99.jpeg.f508d784b58582b1ae92b8de9e14818c.jpeg

3B93CBF3-4049-41AB-853D-04E93E43A0D7.jpeg.e7a53f569d848f871a1b0b2c7c00ad8e.jpeg

Chris

Edited by Dobber

4 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Also notice the Head antenna so if they get made there may be a new head as well. ;)

Chris

Good catch and that also gives me more hope that these aren't just a flight of fancy and a paintbrush but something they are honestly considering making.

Looking again...they not only have the blade antenna, but some form of blister antenna as well. Neither of which are on the upcoming Flashback 2012 VF-4G release. Definitely a new part beyond just adding the “blade” ;)

Chris

Edited by Dobber