Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, treatment said:

No idea. Don't really think it has anything to do with "mbps", but rather with whatever webscript and cloud/redundancy implementations the japan-shops are using nowadays.

I also haven't ordered from hlj since whenever since their offerings are just not competitive nor enticing anymore to me. 

You'll prolly have much better luck with amz-jp when preordering since their ordering systems are somehow way better managed and stuff than any of the regular japan-shops.  They also do have really competitive pricing and very fast shipping. 

At least, when they're allowed to ship the item outside japan...

:hail:

So you ordered via amazonjp. Hence a less taxing experience from the online shops. Ordering HMRs aren't really a hassle unless it s a popular product. The Destroids for instance never caused a server crash on these online stores. Heck, even the VF1S special anniversary edition Messer took a long time to move. Only the iconic versions sell out faster. Even the chogokin VF1J went kaput on me (already typing the shipping when Amiami pulled the rug on me)and look at their prices now at amazonjp, so it depends on the item and there really IS a demand. You just didn't experience it 'cause of the different venue you used in ordering.

14 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

So you ordered via amazonjp. Hence a less taxing experience from the online shops. Ordering HMRs aren't really a hassle unless it s a popular product. The Destroids for instance never caused a server crash on these online stores. Heck, even the VF1S special anniversary edition Messer took a long time to move. Only the iconic versions sell out faster. Even the chogokin VF1J went kaput on me (already typing the shipping when Amiami pulled the rug on me)and look at their prices now at amazonjp, so it depends on the item and there really IS a demand. You just didn't experience it 'cause of the different venue you used in ordering.

Not really sure what you're talking about, but I ordered it first at CDJ alongside the Kampfer.  Then checked on Amz-jp and found it there. Did some quick weird math and decided I can get the 1D way way faster for about the same amount as CDJ's usual two-week sal-reg.  Ditched my CDJ order and re-ordered at amz-jp.

Too bad amz-jp doesn't want to ship the Kampfer to me, so I reordered that with Spike on CDJ again.

Voila!  Took about 5-mins in total.

Checked later on ami and it's available there and just shrugged.

Then somebody here mentioned Amz-jp lowered their pricing and checked mine to make sure it automatically adjusted.

And it did.

All stress free stuff.

Check the japan-shops early this morning and all my usual shops (ami, cdj, amz-jp) have it still available.

What else can I say?

It's been the same process for me for all my HMRs, actually.

And like I said, HMRs ain't never have the PO-madness from years past when the japan-shops go out of stock at 12:01, then stocks shows up 15/30/60/etc mins later. Sometimes randomly.  All including the various cart-jacking and the circle-of-doom/blank-pages/server-crashing shenanigans.

Maybe it's just venue-changing as you say.

Or just maybe the bandai and the japan-shops really have more than enough stocks to satisfy most orders, and the overseas-fans simply are just over-reacting to be wanting to experience the old PO-madness years...

:unknw:

3 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm thinking the vf-1d will be fairly easily obtainable between now and shortly after release. 

But I'll have an extra one that I'll probably be looking to sell, if someone is desperate.

I hope so but it not, let me just bookmark this page.

Just now, Raya1823 said:

I hope so but it not, let me just bookmark this page.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-044625

It's still available

9 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow the amazon price keeps getting lower and lower.

Amazon use pricing algorithms to search for other online retailers and beat their prices. Well, it's what I was told Amazon US and Au does. Seeing pre-ordered Transformer toys drop in price is common here.

1 hour ago, Tober said:

Amazon use pricing algorithms to search for other online retailers and beat their prices. Well, it's what I was told Amazon US and Au does. Seeing pre-ordered Transformer toys drop in price is common here.

If they ever start adjusting down to NY preorder prices, I might have to switch to them for all my orders.

6 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

How do I go about cancelling an AmiAmi pre-order if I go with Amazon JP?  I mean that price is hard to resist!

Try to email them. And ask for forgiveness. ^_^

https://support.amiami.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004716771-Can-you-cancel-my-order-part-of-my-order-

We generally do not accept cancellations. However, please notify us as soon as possible if you are absolutely in need of a cancellation.  

Depending on the items/orders/your purchase status we might be able to assist; however, please be advised that the cancellations will remain in your account history and will affect your account/purchase status. Please only place an order if you are sure that you will complete the purchase.

Adding a HMR VF-1D with MP-44 Convoy only increased the shipping by 600 JPY making the VF-1D come out to 6483 JPY shipped so I decided f it and ordered another VF-1D at Amazon JP.  I can always leave this one in battled damaged Gerwalk mode with a blown off arm.

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Adding a HMR VF-1D with MP-44 Convoy only increased the shipping by 600 JPY making the VF-1D come out to 6483 JPY shipped so I decided f it and ordered another VF-1D at Amazon JP.  I can always leave this one in battled damaged Gerwalk mode with a blown off arm.

I just watched Boobytrap & Countdown... again. This HM-R 1D is all we wanted back then. Something small, concealable, fun and accurate. I can't believe they put Minmay on the 1D's hand, that is deep Bandai, very deep. If only the cabin/nose section was detachable. I was not going to get this valk, but man, how can you not. I only have the HM-R Elintseeker, and the HM[not R] VF-1J, and the stupid VF-2SS, which i adore. And now this 1D. Now I need[not want] at least a 1S now... and the VT-1... and the destroyers... I quit.

Can you believe i have (5) 1/60 Yammies V2, including the 1D, and i have never opened them. Maybe i'll open one for Christmas, as a celebration of this hobby.

Edited by vlenhoff

Which version of the 1s do you want @vlenhoff?

Manda has 3 listings Hikaru's - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1099769111&ref=list

Amazon japan has Roy, Hikaru and Messer -  https://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/357-5905649-3474718?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hi-metal+r *

*Note that Roy's and Hikaru's version are quite pricy (23k+ yen). As for the other stores like AE, Amiami, CDJ, et all, it maybe be sold out. If they have it in stock, then the asking price will might be in the 24k+yen range.

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

Which version of the 1s do you want @vlenhoff?

Manda has 3 listings Hikaru's - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1099769111&ref=list

Amazon japan has Roy, Hikaru and Messer -  https://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/357-5905649-3474718?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hi-metal+r *

*Note that Roy's and Hikaru's version are quite pricy (23k+ yen). As for the other stores like AE, Amiami, CDJ, et all, it maybe be sold out. If they have it in stock, then the asking price will might be in the 24k+yen range.

Oh geez man, you're not helping...

Update.  Amazon JP has lowered the price on the VF-1D again.

From 6,567 yen down to 5,883 yen.  (That's about $51.96)

image.png.9219546eab3b1d02487256a1c3541cef.png

Those who pre-ordered before the price drop have the updated price automatically applied.

I am really loving Amazon JP now!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

36 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Were there any defects or issues found with the Hikaru 1S?

I don't think so.. Roy's Strike VF-1s is the same as Hikaru's (in yellow, TWE and not in red), however Hikaru's 1a did have mis-matched leg clips (either you get two left or two right) and you have to ask another member here for a switch if their copy had the same issue just a different side than yours.

35 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Oh geez man, you're not helping...

You asked if a 1s is available and I gave you options.. Now it's time for you to make your selection. :p

OH I appreciate it Borgified, please don't take me the wrong way.

I am split here with my eternal 1/48 addiction, and this 1/100 and all the enemis, and mecha wave. I just can't afford them all. The next month will be very interesting for me.