Hi-Metal R

joppewo

add 3 of these to the list I guess... I actually want all three modes of the '1D on display... ESPECIALLY if it comes with a "Minmey-in-hand" AND a double-battroid-seat gimmick!!!!!!

***already nit-picking***: I know that's a preliminary test-shot, but it doesn't seem to be marked '102' anywhere that I can see.....

Edited by slide

16 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

Anyone off hand know what that Japan time equates to US? Yes I know...I’m probably being lazy. 

depends where you are in North America, but:

NA Central time zone is GMT-6:00

Japan is GMT+9:00

Japan is 15 hours ahead of the Central timezone,

so 1600 Dec 3 in Japan should equate to: 

0100 Dec 3rd [local] for myself. if I did my Time-math correctly.....................

41 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You guys think it will come with a broken arm? :rolleyes:

I hope so! The 1D appeared in so many scenarios in first 3 episodes... a potential candidate for HMR to follow like the RD gundam a.n.i.m.e release gimmicks....
In fact i wouldn't mind shelling a bit more to have all gimmicks in represented....

lets see next week, if a 1D promo page comes up, on what gimmicks will be there...but am not setting my expectations high...

p.s. looking at the promo pic tho, i dont see where a broken arm gimmick can exist, unless the whole arm can be replaced, which i thk isnt likely ..

32 minutes ago, jenius said:

Totally stoked, I don't even remember seeing a tease other than the poll. I hope we have lots more HMR to come!

Heheh a POLL listing come true!:yahoo: Now a regult scout would do nicely for a shift back to the baddies...

The 1D does seem a logical release choice for bandai, soon after the ostrich, which had similiar color scheme. 
Just continue the production line with a few tweaks.....

I really do hope they get the color evenly on now though....Yes more HMR would be nicer to the wallet too!

Edited by seti88

For the broken arm, maybe they can have the joint attach differently so that it can separate.  Either that or include an extra left arm that is already separated in two pieces.  If they don’t make it happen, then for sure I’ll be doing it.  I loved that whole scene.

Maybe the poll was not really a poll.  B))

Edited by sh9000

the HMR arms are fairly easy to detach as-it-is... they could just include a whole "damaged arm" assembly with which you could replace the entire arm-unit, joint-and-all

8 minutes ago, slide said:

the HMR arms are fairly easy to detach as-it-is... they could just include a whole "damaged arm" assembly with which you could replace the entire arm-unit, joint-and-all

124A0B15-93CA-4F72-8A5B-DF5B6497A1F4.thumb.jpeg.6c985faea22ce68d208a4d872b7633df.jpeg

Thanks for the info.  Here is the arm separated.  I never tried separating the arm before because I thought it would break.  Looks like all you need to do is pull and it comes off.

7 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

124A0B15-93CA-4F72-8A5B-DF5B6497A1F4.thumb.jpeg.6c985faea22ce68d208a4d872b7633df.jpeg

Thanks for the info.  Here is the arm separated.  I never tried separating the arm before because I thought it would break.  Looks like all you need to do is pull and it comes off.

LOL, that's awesome!! 

I was referring to the actual sliding-joint assembly and a complete replacement...

now we know we don't need ANY of that!!

3 minutes ago, slide said:

LOL, that's awesome!! 

I was referring to the actual sliding-joint assembly and a complete replacement...

now we know we don't need ANY of that!!

Hehe.  I thought that you were saying the bicep joint was easy to detach so I had to go try it myself.  I knew about the sliding joint.  That one is easy.

46 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

It comes with broken arm or not, it’s just going to be an easy kit-bash for you, sh9000. ;) 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

So VF-1D VR websclusive right?

And how about a Tenjin illustration teasing a Zentran soldier? I'd be ok with an HM-R Zentran soldier!

I’ll take it as a TWE.

Thanks to @seti88 and @jvmacross for the info.  It was great news waking to.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by sh9000

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It comes with broken arm or not, it’s just going to be an easy kit-bash for you, sh9000. ;) 

I’ll try.  B))

46EAF667-55A8-45B2-BD0F-0617FAEFB2E4.jpeg.a5e29c6a88554ea869ae8a9c51c9940c.jpeg

I’ll probably cover the left bicep with some stretched out and torn plastic wrapping and then paint match it for this added look.  I’ll repaint the Matchbox Zentradi figure armor and face and use that until some new official figures get made.  The HM VF-1S will still be my TV Roy until Bandai makes a HMR TV Roy.

Edited by sh9000

If Tenjin adapted that pic...he'd tease the Soldier and a TV Roy!

But I think a scene of the VF-1D with Minmay in-hand would be cool nicer!

Poor Tomahawk and Phalanx.....passed over yet again! :rolleyes:

Anything's possible now.....especially if they can get at least 2 repaints.

Hope the Q-Rau see the light of day....a TV version preferably.

27 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Nice....chain bases still can't be beat....a shame the HMR's don't come with a hanger section

Thanks.

I hope Tenjin’s HMR VF-1D box art is as cool as his model kit box art.

E1B808F8-32FB-4C3E-A143-4D6D71DE2803.jpeg.2d31ea9bcb5665c06b5d8b2a21249a95.jpeg

In any case, that will be cool to recreate with HMR.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’ll try.  B))

46EAF667-55A8-45B2-BD0F-0617FAEFB2E4.jpeg.a5e29c6a88554ea869ae8a9c51c9940c.jpeg

I’ll probably cover the left bicep with some stretched out and torn plastic wrapping and then paint match it for this added look.  I’ll repaint the Matchbox Zentradi figure armor and face and use that until some new official figures get made.  The HM VF-1S will still be my TV Roy until Bandai makes a HMR TV Roy.

Tin-foil/Aluminum-foil would be my suggestion over plastic wrap... as long as you use a primer it should take paint with no issues

Finally checked in after a couple of days of being busy, and you know, Thanksgiving, and... 

Wow, they are actually doing the 1D! While I'm really excited, I honestly wouldn't have thought we would get this one for quite some time. The PO date is now added to my calendar. 

And @sh9000, those destroids all look great on those displays.