Hi-Metal R

joppewo

13 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Well, I'll be doing like I often do---bookmarking the VF-4 page of the main sites, trying to stay logged in 24/7 to all of them, and checking for orders being reopened for just a minute:

When I wake up.  When I leave for work. At lunch.  On break.  Walking to the car.   When I get home.  Before I go to bed.  When I wake up in the night.  :p 

When you pay your taxes...

3EBDF0FC-2565-4ED4-BCA4-B5C97E68707E.jpeg

Here is what I can say about Nippon Yasan.  They are the guarantee of new released items entering my collection.  It takes a little mark up but when buying new, it’s the way to go for me.   I have never had NY come back and say “sorry you aren’t getting your stuff”.  There service absolutely sucks though, it’s like buying a new item at a con and finding an issue with it when you get home.

For those of you who missed the VF-4, here is what I can say about Bandai online.  You will receive what you paid for, it may be signed in packaging, but you get your piece.  If the Vf-4 is critical to you or important to have, it will likely be the only transformable Hilary Vf-4 manufactured over the next decade, then you should order one now.  You can get it bought and shipped to the states via japan air mail with tracking for around $125.00.  My recommendation would be to buy one.  

Even me, with my low prices that I sell, won’t let the ones I got go for anything under what they are bringing when a decide I no longer want them displayed in the box for the artwork.

im saying, this release is going to be the one the skyrockets in HMR.  It will exceed the regult dual package easily.  The preorder activity of this thing was something we haven’t seen for a long time, the demand was evident this time.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:09 PM, slide said:

I'm going to go this route:

VF-4 DYRL Max by talos56

Good thing there’s options.  This one looks like it will be easy to customize just like the VF-1S Max.

Edited by sh9000

On 11/2/2018 at 1:39 PM, jenius said:

"Illegal" is probably the wrong term as it invokes visions of law enforcement. This is civil stuff. I don't think there's anything against the law about selling toys overseas, it's just that, the toy manufacturers have contracts that say that THEY can't market or distribute overseas and so they make that clear with their wholesalers and so the stores can't come to them and say "my overseas customers need replacement parts" because they're not supposed to be selling overseas. 

Toynami could have fixed a lot of problems they have with their reputation by licensing the hmr line.  They could have even marketed it as a new “masterpiece” line.  

23 minutes ago, optimuspint said:

Toynami could have fixed a lot of problems they have with their reputation by licensing the hmr line.  They could have even marketed it as a new “masterpiece” line.  

If it gave me another shot at Regults and Glaugs than I'm all for it!

42 minutes ago, optimuspint said:

If only the issue was that simple.

Anything going into the US market would wind up getting claimed as infringement on HG's copyright, and they'd either demand a chunk of the profits, or block the import outright.  Any company in Japan caught negotiating with HG in the US could have their license to produce Macross merchandise in Japan pulled by Big West.

At least, that's what I've come to understand would roughly happen.  Some companies have skirted that in a coupe of ways, but generally speaking, doing business with HG seems like a great way for Big West to cancel your contract in the primary market.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 11/3/2018 at 4:44 PM, onnasake said:

V4 Lightning  is now 17,800 yen on amazon japan.  That didn't take long....scalpers are pre-scalping.   Scalpers gonna scalp, I guess.

With other toylines I collect, the price almost always comes down once it's released and there's enough to go around, but I don't know enough about Macross to make that claim.

My only purchase is the YF-19 which has been sitting around 30,000 since release date and has been readily available.

I guess we'll see in March what happens!

Well there is the VF-31A that sets the standard for being crazy over priced, but thats because somewhere down the line someone screwed up

19 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

If only the issue was that simple.

Anything going into the US market would wind up getting claimed as infringement on HG's copyright, and they'd either demand a chunk of the profits, or block the import outright.  Any company in Japan caught negotiating with HG in the US could have their license to produce Macross merchandise in Japan pulled by Big West.

At least, that's what I've come to understand would roughly happen.  Some companies have skirted that in a coupe of ways, but generally speaking, doing business with HG seems like a great way for Big West to cancel your contract in the primary market.

Obviously I meant having them sell it under the Robotech name.  Obviously I prefer Macross but it would be nice to get hmr in the states.   Is there an example of Big West punishing anyone from dealing with Harmony Gold?  Or is it just speculation?   

Yes, there is evidence, Yamato tried and failed, then Bandai started down that line before they were abruptly shut down. Companies who get a BW license are forbidden from pursuing international distribution under any name. 

Edited by jenius

The VF4 Lightning. Now another cash cow waiting to be milked if BW releases the Lost Odyssey  of the Megaroad-2 with this particular Valkyrie doing the heavy lifting in another space war in the center of the galaxy! Get Mikimoto back as the character designer (too bad the composer from the original gone) oh the possibilities!

11 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

B807BCFA-C1BC-4CF7-8219-5BF8EDC68001.jpeg

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Those sneaky...for real??

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

No wonder there were blurred pics last weekend!!

http://blog.livedoor.jp/nation2018/archives/13035481.html 

So M&M variants are being shown as well. @Slave IV - Your wish has been granted! :D

Edited by borgified

13 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

New headunit!!

As usual, standard Roy Fokker colors looks good on any VF

There may be some canon explanation that I’m not aware of, but why is the pilot’s helmet yellow? Roy wouldn’t have still been alive when the VF-4 was deployed. Is this just a “what if” scheme?

Still, though, it’s great to see how they might offer some additional variations on the VF-4. The list of teased-but-not-yet-produced HMR continues to grow....

24 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

There may be some canon explanation that I’m not aware of, but why is the pilot’s helmet yellow? Roy wouldn’t have still been alive when the VF-4 was deployed. Is this just a “what if” scheme?

Still, though, it’s great to see how they might offer some additional variations on the VF-4. The list of teased-but-not-yet-produced HMR continues to grow....

Dont be confused. Bandai even has a 30th anniversary Roy Focker scheme for YF-29 :lol: