Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, onnasake said:

....NO!!  Come on guys help me out here....I can't go down this path.....I can't!!

But.....but....the Lightning for sure.....argh.....it's happening, isn't it?   There's no turning back....

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Welcome to the macross crack den...;)

"One of US, One of US, ONE OF US!!!":D

I'm also loving the "is that all?" setniment...

HMR VF-4, DX VF-31E, DX Armoured VF-31S [and these are only the newest announcements].... hasn't your wallet just been shown a terrifying vision of it's impending emptiness?

HAST THOU NO MERCY?! lol;)

7 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

The battroid photos above show 3 different poses for the right hand (open, fist, and gun grip) so that tells me they have to be swappable, unless Bandai is able to make them articulated, which would seem really tough at this scale.

I was talking about the small fixed-posed fist hands that Hi-Metal VF-1 comes with, that can also be stowed. Of course they are swappable with other dramatic-pose, often bigger, hands (i.e open fist, gun holding, bigger fist), as mentioned in my comment that was quoted above :rolleyes:. But by including at least a pair of stowable hands, I'd consider it a "pass" as far as perfect transformation goes..

Edited by aaajin

13 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

The battroid photos above show 3 different poses for the right hand (open, fist, and gun grip) so that tells me they have to be swappable, unless Bandai is able to make them articulated, which would seem really tough at this scale.

Bandai's 1/144 RG Gundam hands are quite impressive...I wonder how they scale...

Edited by slide

That's a terrific graphic! 

Scares me to think I only have 5 of those releases, but so many multiples! I'm tempted by the Nexx Gilbert VF-2SS even though I have 2 of the Sylvie type. They really nailed the sculpt though... I think I'll be hunting HMR on my next trip to Japan...

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

After the 2015 introduction of what we thought was going to be the ALL MACROSS HMR line.....

2016 = 7 Macross releases

2017 = 7 Macross releases

2018 = 4 macross releases ;)

Hope 2019 cuts back on the non-Macross HMRs....

I was just about to post something similar. 2018 has definitely been the worst year for Macross HMR. Low production numbers (almost half of the previous full years) and all valks with no destroids or enemy mechs. 2016 also gave 3 completely new molds and 2017 gave us 4 new molds. 2018 just gave us 1 if you want to call it that since it was still a variation on a VF-1.

Like you I hope 2019 gives us a better year for Macross HMR.

Regardless of what the line started as, or what it should or shouldn't be, I view it as a kind of "nostalgia mech" line now.  I do hope we'll get more SDF Macross releases, but I'm also wondering how far forward (time-wise) they are willing to take this line.  I think the farthest they've gone is the early 90s with Macross II.  

I wonder if we'll ever see something from the 2000s or beyond in this line, or they want to keep with the nostalgia theme. 

9 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I was just about to post something similar. 2018 has definitely been the worst year for Macross HMR. Low production numbers (almost half of the previous full years) and all valks with no destroids or enemy mechs. 2016 also gave 3 completely new molds and 2017 gave us 4 new molds. 2018 just gave us 1 if you want to call it that since it was still a variation on a VF-1.

Well, the good thing is 2019 has the potential to become one of the best Macross HMR years...if you are looking to complete the Destroids and also getting one more enemy mech (N-Ger)....and let's not forget the VF-4 FB2012 type in March 2019 to start off the Macross HMR year right! :good:

Water%20glass.jpg?w968h681

16 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I'd consider the VT-1 and VE-1 to be 2 completely new molds, given the variations of both to the standard VF-1 mold (radar dish, booster and head for the VE-1, which are quite different from that of the VT-1).

1 minute ago, HardlyNever said:

Regardless of what the line started as, or what it should or shouldn't be, I view it as a kind of "nostalgia mech" line now.  I do hope we'll get more SDF Macross releases, but I'm also wondering how far forward (time-wise) they are willing to take this line.  I think the farthest they've gone is the early 90s with Macross II.  

I wonder if we'll ever see something from the 2000s or beyond in this line, or they want to keep with the nostalgia theme. 

Well, at a previous Tamashii Nations show they showed the VF-25 and YF-19, though they were not transformable prototypes. It at least signals the possibility to go all the way up to frontier.

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I'd consider the VT-1 and VE-1 to be 2 completely new molds, given the variations of both to the standard VF-1 mold (radar dish, booster and head for the VE-1, which are quite different from that of the VT-1).

If that's how you want to classify it then you go with it :p

For me I was only counting the VE-1 as the only new mold as the VT-1 came after and was the exact same base valk except for the head. Putting on some new leg armors and boosters doesn't count as unique enough to count as an entirely new mold in my mind.

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

Where do you get the numbers for production runs? That’s not a good sign if they have halved the production runs.

19 minutes ago, jenius said:

I don't think he meant "low production numbers" as in quantity of toys produced in each production run, I think he meant fewer releases. 

This. Poor choice of words on my part. I wish I was enough of an insider to know their actual production numbers. :)

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I know this is a Macross site but seems like I'm the only one who likes and wants more non Macross HMRs. I want Macross HMR too but the non-Macross releases have been consistently better toys overall.

They can make all of the non-Macross HMR's they want, just so long as they don't impact the release of Macross HMR's. ;) 

My desire would be about 1 Macross item every other month (hopefully with about half of those being a new mold) and they can fill up the other months with non-Macross stuff. They were pretty much doing it perfectly for me in 2016 and 2017.

1 minute ago, Boobytrap said:

They can make all of the non-Macross HMR's they want, just so long as they don't impact the release of Macross HMR's. ;) 

My desire would be about 1 Macross item every other month (hopefully with about half of those being a new mold) and they can fill up the other months with non-Macross stuff. They were pretty much doing it perfectly for me in 2016 and 2017.

Yeah, whatever they make I will pretty much buy. I'm not in any rush though so I wouldn't mind if they made less every year so I can save some money.

Whew! I'm glad it's only going to be more-or-less the cost of a VF-2SS HMR. I got the $300 price tag from one of the first posts in this thread that had a price tag on it.

Speaking of which, why does that post have a price tag of $300?

On 10/26/2018 at 2:51 PM, no3Ljm said:

Chronocidal posted this from the previous page.

First of all, what figure are you talking about that has the price tag of $300? If you're talking about the upcoming VF-4 Lightning III, then FYI the price for that is Y12960.

Unless, you're planning on buying two, then yes, you might hit the $300 mark.

On 10/26/2018 at 2:51 PM, Atheonyirh said:

Where did you get the idea that it costs $300? It's 12,960 jpy IIRC, or roughly $115.

On 10/23/2018 at 7:38 AM, treatment said:

Looks a bit blue/greyish.

Hopefully the retail-release coloring will be in bright-white.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, whatever they make I will pretty much buy. I'm not in any rush though so I wouldn't mind if they made less every year so I can save some money.

Agreed. While 2016 and 2017 may have been when the did the releases exactly the way I would want the most important thing over the frequency is that the line continues. If they need to reduce from 7/8 Macross items a year to half that amount and not have as many new molds to keep the line viable I'll take it. 

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Well, the good thing is 2019 has the potential to become one of the best Macross HMR years...if you are looking to complete the Destroids and also getting one more enemy mech (N-Ger)....and let's not forget the VF-4 FB2012 type in March 2019 to start off the Macross HMR year right! :good:

Water%20glass.jpg?w968h681

Your drinking vessel is double the required volume... :p:D

A good start to 2019 for Macross toys, not our wallets though...

1 hour ago, Karaoke Ninja said:

That's sooner than I thought. I hope this one has less QC issues than my VF-1A Hikaru. Also I wonder if this release will come with an extra right leg armor so we can display it with a full missile load out? Probably not since the price is the same as Sylvie's.

The page says "complete set of SAP units" AND separately "Nex machine legs SAP" so it might very well be the whole set plus Nexx's heavy railgun and leg holster armor. https://tamashii.jp/item/12632/?wovn=en

I'm inclined now to get Nexx's VF-2ss even though I didn't want it originally.. 

Is it possible to get the complete Farie Squardron eventually as the Orange trim variant is missing so far (unless I'm missing a few more that I don't know if). 

Edited by borgified
Grammar

9 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Whew! I'm glad it's only going to be more-or-less the cost of a VF-2SS HMR. I got the $300 price tag from one of the first posts in this thread that had a price tag on it.

Speaking of which, why does that post have a price tag of $300?

That's the deposit price in another currency $300, my guess is in  HKD. The full price is $865 HKD. The  MSRP is the one in yen.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Is it possible to get the complete Farie Squardron eventually as the Orange trim variant is missing so far (unless I'm missing a few more that I don't know if). 

The yellow-trimmed "Faerie Squadron" was such an obscure and strange choice by Evolution Toys. I rather see a proper green-trimmed CF VF-2SS or the other more prominent color variants.