Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm all for this, regardless of the color. I just want to own a VF-4 in any size and I missed out on the Yamacadias plus couldn't afford them (getting 3 different Delta VFs doesn't help, I know that is small numbers for people here but I am not that rich, lol).

I actually like the VF-4G colors more but I have no issue with the Skull coloring.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Fixed...

Let's see what else FEXT Hobby can "borrow" from the MF books...

gallery_12176_640_139836.jpg

gallery_12176_640_313356.jpg

gallery_12176_640_300178.jpg

gallery_12176_640_281044.jpg

I like the way you think.  Somebody should accudentally post this to their Facebook or Twitter.

Edited by Mommar

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I like the way you think.  Somebody should accudentally post this to their Facebook or Twitter.

No need to...99.9999% sure they have all the MF books and have already used them as "inspiration".... :acute:

Pointed this out in the FEXT Hobby thread....check out the strike cannon....

large.20180811_132500.jpg.e8cb60f47caa69

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

No need to...99.9999% sure they have all the MF books and have already used them as "inspiration".... :acute:

Pointed this out in the FEXT Hobby thread....check out the strike cannon....

large.20180811_132500.jpg.e8cb60f47caa69

My question is if they can get it to attach correct when it transforms.  You can totally see the seams where they could.

10 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Might have to get a trio of these VF-4's, loving everything about it so far!!

the possibility that Fexxt will put out ANYTHING for the VF-4 means this will be the first VF I actually pick up a trio of...gallery_12176_640_300178.jpg

Come on guys, gimme a set of these! TAKE MAH MONEY!!!

24 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I see the VF-4 is in the Tamashii Nations site, does this mean it’s an exclusive?  I hope so because the exclusives have a much longer pre-order window.

D524DC88-EA5D-457F-9BF9-3EE4707C128F.png

It says “General dealer on November 1, 2018” so I think regular PO

Ami ami has worked well for me in the past , was good prices too.

HLJ I use every so often  , theyre not the cheapest out there . They seem to keep good track of your orders tho and never had a shipping issue either.  

Im REALLY liking where they are going with their current releases now..

Edited by Bolt

1 hour ago, Jwwu said:

What’s the consensus view of which are the best online stores for pre-ordering? Between AE, AmiAmi, HLJ etc.?

The best is the one you can secure a pre-order with. 

I found hlj to be expensive but packaging is best(?). Out of the yf-19 I ordered hlj box was the biggest but also the only one that got detained by customs.

Ami is also at par with hlj IMO, but at times, hard to secure pre-orders.

CDJ is becoming my de-facto shop but prices fluctuate and payment system is slow. Using PayPal you will need to pay in advance. Their reward system is good to offset shipping and at times a good discount.

NY is cheapest but hard to secure pre-orders, and recent business practises have dinked their reputation a bit. Reward system can be profitable but you need to buy a lot.

AE and NY also list slower than the rest so it’s a gamble to preorder as you don’t know when they list.

Amazon seems to be having some good links recently.

nin- nin, my kombini are gambles most of the times.

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, Ridden001 said:

I see the VF-4 is in the Tamashii Nations site, does this mean it’s an exclusive?  I hope so because the exclusives have a much longer pre-order window.

D524DC88-EA5D-457F-9BF9-3EE4707C128F.png

Just to be clear. Tamashii is their main site for all their products. Premium Bandai site however is where you order their online exclusive products (TWE).

If and when Bandai decides to do the VF-11 in HMR or in DX formats, I'm all in. ;) 

Edit: Not to de-rail the thread in any means, how big is the Megahouse Orguss?? Just found it - 210 mm for the large die-cast ones and the palm ones are roughly Legend sized TFs.

Edited by borgified

Guess I'll have to give in & preorder these, since its the first quasi-perfect transformation Hi-Metal (minus landing gears). Hope their next attempts will involve valks with less-challenging mechanisms, i.e no heatshield etc., just to keep part swapping of major parts minimal

Would be nice for variety of display purposes, but at the same time, I think extra ordnance kills the clean lines of the VF-4.  And I know overtechnology is supposed to make all kinds of structural limits nearly non-existent, but those wings never looked beefy enough to carry anything bigger than a few of the smaller missile clusters.

That's actually a weird conundrum I find with a lot of valk weapons loadouts though.  They're just close enough to real aircraft that, even though you know in your mind the plane is perfectly capable of carrying ridiculous amounts of weaponry, something just doesn't look right about it.

On the other hand, I'd love to see some more detailed pics of the underlying fighter at the top of the page, the one with the big pontoon-looking pods attached.  It looks like a canard-less VF-4, with an enlarged main wing and no lower strakes.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

1 for each mode, 1 for a VF-4G, 1 for Max, 1 for Milia, and 1 for MISB.  Damn that’s 7.

That's where Wave's 1/72 kit saves my wallet....^_^

Edited by slide

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, Vagabond Elf said:

I couldn't find any pics in a brief online search, but I have a book from the 1970s showing that USN planes were marked like that. The numbers on the flaps would be easy to read if you were walking behind a row of parked planes. I guess the navy just assumed you knew which squadron row you were walking through and decided individual numbers were enough!

Pretty much.  2-digit "abbreviated" modex numbers on the flaps and rudders are fairly common and lasted at least until the end of the Tomcat era, so several decades.   

51 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

They really, really should have called it "Lightning Strike" instead, precedence/naming conventions be damned. 

so with 2 cannon-pods, would it be a "Forked Lightning"?

9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I think the hands will be swapable too 

I was thinking the same too, before I saw the stow away door for the hands. I'm guessing Bandai will include small fist-pose hands, like they did on Hi-Metal VF-1, and include bigger hands for dramatic poses.

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

The best is the one you can secure a pre-order with. 

I found hlj to be expensive but packaging is best(?). Out of the yf-19 I ordered hlj box was the biggest but also the only one that got detained by customs.

Ami is also at par with hlj IMO, but at times, hard to secure pre-orders.

CDJ is becoming my de-facto shop but prices fluctuate and payment system is slow. Using PayPal you will need to pay in advance. Their reward system is good to offset shipping and at times a good discount.

NY is cheapest but hard to secure pre-orders, and recent business practises have dinked their reputation a bit. Reward system can be profitable but you need to buy a lot.

AE and NY also list slower than the rest so it’s a gamble to preorder as you don’t know when they list.

Amazon seems to be having some good links recently.

nin- nin, my kombini are gambles most of the times.

Thanks for the detailed response!  I wonder if the VF-4 is going to sell out ll that quickly... The last few Hi-Metal R releases (Elint and Ostrich) don't appear to have sold very well.  You can pick them up for Y6000-7000 or so... less than pre-order prices. 

Edited by Jwwu

On 10/26/2018 at 7:56 PM, jvmacross said:

The chances of ever getting a the VF-1A Orguss is almost nill.....it'd be an ista-buy for me!

Sorta off topic, but since the VF-1A Orguss was brought up, has anyone ever drawn up a picture of what it would look like in flyer mode?  Seems like it would still be our beloved flea, but with Valkyrie accents - ie, the intake vents and lower arms, though it appears to be missing the Bronco style wings.

6 hours ago, aaajin said:

I was thinking the same too, before I saw the stow away door for the hands. I'm guessing Bandai will include small fist-pose hands, like they did on Hi-Metal VF-1, and include bigger hands for dramatic poses.

The battroid photos above show 3 different poses for the right hand (open, fist, and gun grip) so that tells me they have to be swappable, unless Bandai is able to make them articulated, which would seem really tough at this scale.

The few scant minutes of new footage in "Flashback 2012" are some of my favorite Macross moments of all time.  This heart-tugging mix of sadness and optimism.  I can't look at the Lightning and not hear Minmay singing "Angel's Paints."  Why does that make me wanna cry?

I just bought my first (and insanely expensive) Macross toy...the YF 19.

The Hi-Metal R Lightning will be my second.

I wish they were in scale....but I'll just take what I can get.  Cause hey, this smaller one should be a lot cheaper right.

But that's all OK?   Please don't let me get anymore.  I can't afford to go down this path.  YF-19 and Lightning III cause they are so sentimental to me.  No more, OK?   Well YF-19 DOES need a YF-21 to fight, so maybe three....NO!!  Come on guys help me out here....I can't go down this path.....I can't!!

But.....but....the Lightning for sure.....argh.....it's happening, isn't it?   There's no turning back....

Edited by onnasake

If the 19 and 4g are sentimental, then you must have heard abt the vf-1 DX that will be released this December? And then the teased vf-1 super/strike/gbp parts that are in the plans?

and what abt a potential VF-11 DX?

Welcome to the macross crack den...;)

Edited by seti88

54 minutes ago, onnasake said:

But that's all OK?   Please don't let me get anymore.  I can't afford to go down this path.  YF-19 and Lightning III cause they are so sentimental to me.  No more, OK?   Well YF-19 DOES need a YF-21 to fight, so maybe three....NO!!  Come on guys help me out here....I can't go down this path.....I can't!!

But.....but....the Lightning for sure.....argh.....it's happening, isn't it?   There's no turning back....

490C691C-0B8F-4EAC-A5DC-4287C8D0E12A.jpeg.288dd9a3f040ca5ad3f6503c00837a8d.jpeg

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Can’t blame @sh9000 for wanting more. He does want a transformable one. And in-line with his 1/100 Macross collections. ;) 

no blame...

just hoping he leaves some for the rest of us!! lol:D:lol:

2 hours ago, onnasake said:

The Hi-Metal R Lightning will be my second.

I wish they were in scale....but I'll just take what I can get.  Cause hey, this smaller one should be a lot cheaper right.

But that's all OK?   Please don't let me get anymore.  I can't afford to go down this path.

There’s always the VF-1, VT-1, and VE-1 that will scale well with the VF-4.  And the Monster, Regult, Glaug, Defender, Spartan, and VF-2SS.

1 hour ago, apptt4 said:

490C691C-0B8F-4EAC-A5DC-4287C8D0E12A.jpeg.288dd9a3f040ca5ad3f6503c00837a8d.jpeg

:lol: Good times.  That meme was fun to make based off of @jvmacross‘ quote.