Hi-Metal R

joppewo

38 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I agree it would be nice if "the whole housing rotates", otherwise the arms will just have a very limited range of movement.

Is it just me or is the chest of the HMR version a little bit too flat, and it should point slightly downwards so that the nosecone is facing vertically down?

Compare the nosecone positioning between the HMR and the Yammie.

Looks like Bandai's just trying to do some sort of a failing Obari-pose with it by pulling the crotch up instead of down like with the old Yammie/Arcadia 1/60 poses...

Edited by treatment

20 minutes ago, treatment said:

Looks like Bandai's just trying to do some sort of a failing Obari-pose with it by pulling the crotch up instead of down like with the old Yammie/Arcadia 1/60 poses...

What's a failing Obari pose?  But I think I get what you're saying, LOL.

59 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Then I really feel bad about YamArcadia for not trying to do it beforehand. And also, because the other forms was really never got animated properly, Bandai manages to get some rights on producing it on their HMR. Literally, re-engineered what Yamato did on small scale and slap the right color and markings what fans wanted. Instant hit.

Apparently it was all about the FB 2012 license.  Now I wonder if Arcadia even still has the VFX license. 

OK...so what's next?  What will get the DX treatment and what will get the HM-R(espect)?

5639b3df937e8.jpg

Perhaps Bandai can finally do what Yamato tried.....a 1/100 VF-0S?

I would love it if Bandai did a VF-11 under the DX line. Don’t fancy parts swapping canopies in a HMR if I can help it. 

Oh and hopefully we won’t need to swap out the canopy in the HMR version of the VF-4 (perfect transformation)?

Edited by rdrunner

This looks good, and I like the FB 2012 paint scheme, but I'll probably pass.  The Arcadia 1/60 is enough vf-4 for me. 

I'll still be interested to see how it turns out, and how much parts-swapping is needed.  Adding a gunpod seems like an odd choice, but it is always nice to have that option.

1 minute ago, Raya1823 said:

Any word on pre-sale date??

Everyone are just waiting and speculating. Like I said a page or two ago, it might be before, during, or after the Tamashii Nation event which will be held this weekend. ^_^ 

Not a bit!

When we've been treated to what HM-R has been giving us for all the releases they've done, I'm right there with ya!  I don't mind the mold-milking one bit. 

I do want to see a VF-1D though...

EDIT:
Hah!  Tober beat me to it.

Edited by mickyg

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

Is it sad that I also want more vf1?

Not at all, there's still several VF-1 I feel are needed for most folks collections. As mentioned the VF-1D, we need TV 1A Kaki and Max, a re-release in Hi-Metal R form of the whole DYRL Skull Squadron would be nice. I have the old regular Hi-Metal DYRL Skull Squadron box set, but that's pretty old and hard to find.

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

And a MAXL.  

May as well complete Fire Bomber...they already did the -19 kai.  I'd take them in HMR, DX or both!  

The funny part is that they already have the DX -19 mold so they could start releasing DX -19 variants whenever they please.

They also have the mold to the HM -19....update it like they did the HM VF-1 and they can start doing -19 variants in HMR too.

Seems Bandai pretty much owns Macross PT toys at this point.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Apparently it was all about the FB 2012 license.  Now I wonder if Arcadia even still has the VFX license. 

OK...so what's next?  What will get the DX treatment and what will get the HM-R(espect)?

5639b3df937e8.jpg

Perhaps Bandai can finally do what Yamato tried.....a 1/100 VF-0S?

Hmr Vf-0d hopefully too :p

8 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

May as well complete Fire Bomber...they already did the -19 kai.  I'd take them in HMR, DX or both!  

The funny part is that they already have the DX -19 mold so they could start releasing DX -19 variants whenever they please.

They also have the mold to the HM -19....update it like they did the HM VF-1 and they can start doing -19 variants in HMR too.

Seems Bandai pretty much owns Macross PT toys at this point.

As I recall, the HM VF-19 was not well received. I'd hope they started over and made a new version for HMR. Though, since the DX -19 just came out it'll probably be a few years at the earliest.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

30 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I'm still waiting for the VF-1D, and TV versions of Max and Kakizaki's VF-1As.

Same here. I'm also still hoping they do a VF-1S Roy TV version. 

I think all these additional VF-1 versions, Destroids, Zentradi, etc. that many of us are waiting for are eventually going to get made. But Bandai has shown they like to mix up the releases. So far, it's just been SDFM, DYRL, II, and now FB2012. I wonder if they're going to start to dip into designs from other series (7, Zero, etc) before they finish SDFM. I believe they know people want the classics, and it's a way to (somewhat annoyingly) keep people's attention on the line. "And oh, by the way... you'd probably like one of these while you're waiting, right?"

HUZZAH!!!!!!!

No hardpoints, but maybe a gun?

56 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Same here. I'm also still hoping they do a VF-1S Roy TV version. 

I think all these additional VF-1 versions, Destroids, Zentradi, etc. that many of us are waiting for are eventually going to get made. But Bandai has shown they like to mix up the releases. So far, it's just been SDFM, DYRL, II, and now FB2012. I wonder if they're going to start to dip into designs from other series (7, Zero, etc) before they finish SDFM. I believe they know people want the classics, and it's a way to (somewhat annoyingly) keep people's attention on the line. "And oh, by the way... you'd probably like one of these while you're waiting, right?"

It wouldn’t b Bandai if they didn’t make folks wait...

Personally tho i prefer releases mixed as I wouldn’t need to wait for one series to finish before another starts.

Conditionally due to the numerous mechs in the sdfm/dyrl that would take a long time to release everything that is needed..throw new macross series in the mix periodically and time will crawl...

8 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Arcadia needs to counter this immediately. I like the battroid mode a lot of this one. Can easily see some TWE for Max/Milia

He wanted to do that, but I guess it's a no.

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/1052489097191743488

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

So it seems that everything that debuted as protoypes for the HMR line are coming to fruition. So when does Bandai begin releasing the VF-0 Phoenix and SV-51. Looks like Arcadia is being forced out.

m.png.2b81d39576177fba1198b2bd7ad082fb.png