Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

It's good to get some news, and I'm in, but what about the Tomahawk, Phalanx enemy mecha, where's the Scout Regult, Q-Rau, Nousjadeul-Ger????

Ignacio I’ll always upvote your calls for more Zentran Mechs.

Given that the production runs of HMR seem to never larger that YamCadias, hopefully they keep producing re-issues in the future as well.

7 hours ago, Graham said:

The price point for the HCMs is why I have stayed away from the line apart from the VF-2SS, which is one of my favorite designs that I've wanted a toy of for many years.

If  they were about US$70 each, I'd consider collecting them.

I have to agree. At this scale, I really can't justify the price. :unsure: But I'll let this one slip. After all, it's the VF-4 FB2012. :wub: 

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

Erm......... does the chest part in battroid look larger than usual from the pics?:)

Yeah. Kinda looks like it, huh? Or probably it's just an angle thing?
VkaGEsl.jpg 

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

OMG FB2012 VF-4?!?!

Ordering 3x for sure.

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

Yes it's another valkyrie, but not a VF-1, it's the damn VF-4, who can complain about that? Yeah I'd love to see more destroids and Zen units, but this is the damn VF-4! I'm in for three.

I'm just thinking of two. Now I'm getting competitive. 3 then. :lol: 

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Emotional roller coaster - first I see the VF-4 fighter in FB 2012 colour scheme complete with skull leader insignia on the tailfins etc.  My heart sank though when I saw those chocolate joint colours in Gerwalk and Battroid... :rolleyes:

Same here. Those chocolate colors really threw me off last night. But that's not something to stop us from getting three, right? Here's hoping that it's easy to disassemble to paint them afterwards. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Master Dex said:

I've never been able to afford a VF-4 toy. I'd prefer the VF-4G but anything will do! I'll aim to get this to finally have one. 

Not been following HMR releases like the DX, will this go through normal sites like HLJ and so forth? 

If it's a general release, then yes, HLJ and the rest will have it. Just based on the magazine scan, I don't see any TWE logo nor words that says one.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Everything about this screams Yamato’s engineering, but in a better and smaller package! I can’t wait for the repaints!

Good job Bandai, you’ve done well.

Bandai is the new Apple for toys. ^_^ 

19 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

When do pre-orders begin?

Probably in a week or two. Or probably during or after the Tamashii event. ;)

Btw, I did tried to adjust the color on the scan just to estimate the overall look for both pages. And yes, there's still too much Chocolate. ^_^ 
v2lVe17.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

Man, didn't take long for the color whining to start! What's wrong with chocolate! I LOVE CHOCOLATE. It's not like the joints are shown in DYRL nor is Mr. March's coloring canon. Bandai probably viewed it as another way to differentiate their toy from Arcadia's. The chest actually looks smaller to me than on the Arcadia... at least in how far it protrudes forward. I still wish they would have put the big shoulder pauldrons on pivots but at this scale, I always knew I was dreaming too big. If they ever do a DX, they should TOTALLY make that happen... bonus points if they put it on an extending ball joint. I'm super thrilled to finally be getting a FB2012 paint scheme! 

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I have to agree. At this scale, I really can't justify the price. :unsure: But I'll let this one slip. After all, it's the VF-4 FB2012. :wub: 

Yeah. Kinda looks like it, huh? Or probably it's just an angle thing?
VkaGEsl.jpg 

The HM-R has thinner lower-legs than the Yammie/Arcadia 1/60 in that comparo-pic.

looks good.  i don't think  i need non major valks in a scale bigger than this anymore.  Vf-4 so pretty in fighter mode.  depending on the price and availability i may get more than one.  i never went for the yamato or arcadia becuase i coudln't get past the ugly battroid design for the price.  at hmr prices 2/3 modes is enough. and one of those modes is gorgeous.  also commenting on the nose cone crotch.  its the angle and also the color.  things look bigger in lighter colors.  yamato/arcadia's still looks much better overall but i'm pickin gthis up instead of hunting down an arcadia reissue ...color scheme is nicer too.

Ok. Out of curiosity. Now Bandai somehow acquired a 'right' to have the FB2012 scheme in 1/100 scale. What's stopped Arcadia from doing it prior on their 1/60 scale?

And since this is the HMR thread, I'll just end my post with -- that VF-4 looks super gorgeous. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

So it seems that everything that debuted as protoypes for the HMR line are coming to fruition. So when does Bandai begin releasing the VF-0 Phoenix and SV-51. Looks like Arcadia is being forced out.

Really looking forward to this VF-4 and now I can pair it up with my custom.

15ED8262-1D04-40D8-AE54-8996E442B7E8.jpeg

This is welcome news. I probably would have preferred a destroid or zentradi mech but the VF-4 is the top valk I would have wanted them to do next. Like Jenius I was hoping that they would find a way to integrate some shoulder articulation but oh well. At least the line is still continuing and giving us something new. Bring on the PO!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Out of curiosity. Now Bandai somehow acquired a 'right' to have the FB2012 scheme in 1/100 scale. What's stopped Arcadia from doing it prior on their 1/60 scale?

They don't roll with Bandai type money? :rolleyes:

But yeah....all those arguments that claimed Yamato couldn't do it because it was never animated on-screen were pure speculation....not even of the rational kind! :lol:

When you guys says the shoulder should have articulation, meaning the whole 'housing' should rotate somehow? YamArcadia has shoulder articulation and its movement is limited due to the 'housing'. And even though there will be shoulder articulation, I think its range of movement is still going to be limited due to the wings folded on the side, plus the folding flap on the rear portion of the shoulder. Unless ofcourse, they make the whole 'housing' rotates.

v2lVe17.jpg.f4bd1317b75167879b7e0113fab456af.jpg

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

When you guys says the shoulder should have articulation, meaning the whole 'housing' should rotate somehow? YamArcadia has shoulder articulation and its movement is limited due to the 'housing'. And even though there will be shoulder articulation, I think its range of movement is still going to be limited due to the wings folded on the side, plus the folding flap on the rear portion of the shoulder. Unless ofcourse, they make the whole 'housing' rotates.

v2lVe17.jpg.f4bd1317b75167879b7e0113fab456af.jpg

I agree it would be nice if "the whole housing rotates", otherwise the arms will just have a very limited range of movement.

Is it just me or is the chest of the HMR version a little bit too flat, and it should point slightly downwards so that the nosecone is facing vertically down?

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

They don't roll with Bandai type money? :rolleyes:

But yeah....all those arguments that claimed Yamato couldn't do it because it was never animated on-screen were pure speculation....not even of the rational kind! :lol:

Then I really feel bad about YamArcadia for not trying to do it beforehand. And also, because the other forms was really never got animated properly, Bandai manages to get some rights on producing it on their HMR. Literally, re-engineered what Yamato did on small scale and slap the right color and markings what fans wanted. Instant hit.

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, I was hoping that the entire housing would rotate. Or even better if the housing was on a joint that could be pulled away from the main body so that it could not only rotate but also move up/down/forward/back. Obviously this movement would be limited (especially the forward/back) but even a little would make a big difference.

32 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I agree it would be nice if "the whole housing rotates", otherwise the arms will just have a very limited range of movement.

Is it just me or is the chest of the HMR version a little bit too flat, and it should point slightly downwards so that the nosecone is facing vertically down?

Yamato made the chest look better by making the fuselage (folded canopy underneath) a little bit shorter in Battroid mode. Hence, it made the body cover potrudes a little bit longer. While Bandai makes it flatter like the lineart itself.

6E698A5B-47C8-44DB-8C82-5ECE78822EC3.png

VkaGEsl.jpg

9 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Yes, I was hoping that the entire housing would rotate. Or even better if the housing was on a joint that could be pulled away from the main body so that it could not only rotate but also move up/down/forward/back. Obviously this movement would be limited (especially the forward/back) but even a little would make a big difference.

Part of me would love to see it so it will have wide range of shoulder articulation. But part of me also doesn't want to see it because that 'housing' is so big and long (in side profile) that it will look awkward to have it rotated. I really don't mind if Bandai does it actually just to make it stand out from its 1/60 predecessor. But if it's not going to look good for me, then I'm not going to bother on rotating it. Just sayin'. 

Edited by no3Ljm